PDA

View Full Version : swim vest or not

Stitchahula
08-24-2007, 03:13 PM
We leave in 3 1/2 days and I was wondering if I should bring my son's swim vest or not. I know we are going to a water park one day and will probably spend sometime in the pool at the hotel (All star music). I'm just not sure if either of these places has swim vests or not. They are different from life vest where these are used to help when learning how to swim.

Lizzie
08-24-2007, 04:51 PM
I have been told you can get life jackets. Not sure about swim vests. I am trying to decide if I am going to bring mine. I think I am going to end up packing them, just to be safe.

mouseaddict
08-25-2007, 05:51 AM
They only have life jackets available at the resorts. I made that mistake recently. I wish that I would have brought my son's vest. It can be a hassle to rent the life vests now...you have to go to the marina or rec area and hope they have one. Some hotels rent them for the week..others only on a day to day basis..and you have to return it before the marina closes for the day. Pack it..you won't be sorry!

sleepingbooty
08-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Have you ever tried water wings? Since they're inflatable, they're easier to pack than a swim vest, which would take up a lot of room in a suitcase. If you're driving, and saving room in the suitcase isn't as much of an issue, I'd go ahead and bring it if its what works best for your son.