PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs question

mvelez15
08-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Ok so here is the story.....My girlfriend and I have decided to go to WDW for Christmas. I called up DVC member services and the only Vacation club hotels they had with rooms were Saratoga Springs and OKW. So I booked Saratoga and was wondering if anyone here has stayed there around the holidays. I loved the Beach Club and the Boardwalk and hope I can get a simular experience at Saratoga.
Thanks

Horizon93
08-24-2007, 03:57 PM
You would get more responses on the Disney Vacation Club here at Intercot. Maybe a moderator can move your thread there.

MinnieMommie
08-24-2007, 09:48 PM
I was at SSR with my family last year at the end of Christmas week. We were there for New Year's Eve. Very nice! We had a room in Congress Park overlooking DD and great view of the fireworks. The lobby of the carriage house was nicely decorated for the holidays. I'm sure someone who was ther Christmas day can add more. :mickey:

disneycouple2004
08-27-2007, 04:06 PM
This will be our first Christmas at SSR..i am sure it will be decorated nice..i know our room will be...we will ship our tree and lights etc and just look for the blue lights on our balcony..:D

mvelez15
08-28-2007, 03:46 PM
A few years ago when I was in WDW at the Boardwalk for Christmas we brought a three foot fiberoptic tree and set it up on the dining room table. My mom even made a little tree skirt for it. Then we went out and got personalized stockings and put those up. I am looking forward to more of the same.

Zippy_D_DooDah
08-29-2007, 02:47 PM
We stayed at SSR (Congress Park) the week before Christmas last year and thought that the balcony lights and decorated trees in the villas put up by members who were staying through Christmas were a very nice touch. To those who decorated, Thanks!

Zippy_D_DooDah
08-29-2007, 02:49 PM
ooops... I totally avoided the original question. You will love SSR during the holidays.

tinkerbell04
08-29-2007, 06:38 PM
We have stayed at Saratoga several times over the holidays and have loved it. I don't think there is a bad experience at a Disney resort at Christmas. The tree is the lobby is beautiful and the matching trees throughout the carriage house tie it all together. You are close to DTD, and that is wear Santa is!

We also decorated and shipped a small tree down. We saved the shipping box and packed it back up to ship home. It was less then 10 bucks to return it back to Baltimore. :tree:

Have a great time! We will be at AKLV in mid-December.:mickey: