PDA

View Full Version : Ariel - Meeting the Mermaid

Cozfamilyof6
08-24-2007, 02:37 PM
My DD age 3 LOVES Ariel. Where is the best place to find her for a picture and autograph?

We are going to Akershus for the Princess Breakfast, but I don't think she is ever seen there.

JCDarzi
08-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Ariel is always at Ariel's Grotto in Fantasyland at MK. Just a warning, it is a long wait, even in the off season. Ariel has her mermaid tail and the grotto makes great pictures. We usually have waited average of 45 - 50 minutes in September for Ariel. On the plus side, there are squirting fountains for the little ones so an adult can wait in line while the littles ones jump in the water.

I'm not sure but I think that Ariel with her human legs appears for lunch at Akershus but not for breakfast. Maybe someone who has been more recently to WDW can verify that.

milhouse
08-24-2007, 03:38 PM
You probably have a 50/50 shot at seeing Ariel at the Norway B-Fast. I've read a bunch of posts with such sitings. She's our daughter's favorite too and unfortuantely was not at the Norway B-fast when we went in May. The only othe place to meet her is her Grotto in Fantasyland. The wait was about an hour when we stood in it.

like2workout
08-24-2007, 03:59 PM
we went in march and ariel was at akershus for dinner the night we were there.

NJBelle
08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
She's always in her grotto. It's one of my favorite places in the park. True, it does have a long wait, but it's really colorfull and kids love it.

Nicki'sMom
08-24-2007, 04:34 PM
We got in line at 9:30 am and had maybe ten kids ahead of us and got in at 10:15. Not too bad, just buy a refreshment before you get into line. The Grotto is so cool and my daughter was mesmerized! Totally worth it! This was during mid-Sept.

joanna71985
08-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Ariel is not technically at breakfast in Norway (she might appear, but is not supposed to). The one place you can always find her is at the Grotto.

ASweetLov
08-24-2007, 10:43 PM
I met Ariel in Ariel's Grotto in MK. The line was a bit long so it was a bit of a wait but completely worth it. She was great and everything made it seam like you were under the sea. (I had minnie mouse ears on and she gave me great advice and told me to be careful for catfish):thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-25-2007, 01:28 AM
If you want to be brave and face the insanity of rope drop (opening at 9:00), I got in to see Ariel with absolutely no wait when I got there around 9:30 during July. I hadn't been at rope drop, gotten fastpasses for Space Mtn, rode Teacups, all before I met her with no wait. But summer is a peak season...Maybe try visiting the grotto during Parade times? That's usually one of the slower times at Toontown anyways. So maybe it just depends on the crowds?

nicole48040
08-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Change your ressie to dinner. You have a much better chance of her being at Akershus for dinner:thumbsup:

Tinkerkel
08-28-2007, 08:30 AM
We met Ariel for the 1st time last October. We weren't there for the rope drop, but did arrive just after the park opened. As soon as we made it throught the turnstiles, we headed straight for the Grotto & were the 1st ones in line. We spent about 10 minutes alone with Ariel, it was really a fun experience for DD9. She couldn't wait to tell Ariel her favorite food was Phish Food ice cream. Ariel said, "oh, I don't think I'd like that!" It was so funny! Have your video camera ready because she is great with the kids.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah, the one day I was there at rope drop was the only time I've met her...again, I don't get up early for mornings. And I won't wait 30+ min for one character. But I realized that I hadn't gotten a photo with her so I need to go back. :(