PDA

View Full Version : Early hours???

**a_spoonful_of_sugar**
08-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Just wondered if anyone knew how early hours worked?

Sounds like a silly question but when me and family turned up for early hours at Magic Kingdom, we were expecting to get on rides before the rest of the general public arrived, in order to beat the queues.
So the rope was dropped at 8 o'clock as it was supposed to, but we found that areas of MK (such as tomorrowland and adventureland) wouldnt be open until 9. This therefore stopped us getting on the rides as early as we had expected, and we didnt beat the queues.
Isnt this what early hours are for? Or am i just being thick?

Spaceship Tigger
08-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Only certain attractions are open during the early EMH in each park. The headliners are typically the ones that are open, plus a few others. In the MK, I believe that Fanatsyland and Tomorrowland are the ones that are open early. We always use the morning EMHs and make it to the attractions that have the longest lines first.

mrsgaribaldi
08-24-2007, 02:23 PM
This will help you http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp

**a_spoonful_of_sugar**
08-24-2007, 02:36 PM
cheers guys, at least ill know for next summer :)

wdw_bound
08-25-2007, 10:37 AM
You might also have entered MK during a Magical Beginnings morning, which is different from the regular morning extra magic hours. MB is a program that started last year where fantasyland opened at 8 (other lands do not open, but the shops on Main Street are also open). The characters were out in droves when we participated.

The really good thing about MB is that you can finish up Fantasyland, where some of the biggest lines are, before the rest of the park is open, so you do get a bit of a leg up on the other rides, at least at first.