PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions... "Retro" Rockets.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Mickey'sGirl
08-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Now how did I miss that? You don't do heels though correct? Have you considered the trend for the "ballet slipper" look? And re Jamie's new book I'm not sure either. I cannot get over the difference in him for that show though. Has he ever mellowed back out again! Do you have the italian one? It's pretty good but the meat section is just a little to "real" for me.I do heels -- just not for long and not too often (I'll have Sunday for recovery!). I think I want Green ones.

I love the Italy series, but none of the recipes call to me. I need the at Home book. I tell you -- every single dish says "make me now!". I made Harry watch it with me last night (he didn't want to go to bed, and Thursday at 10 is my choice!) -- and he was saying "That guy must love food!" and "My mouth is watering! I need to get a snack!" and "Can we make that one?" .... so maybe I have a sous-chef in the making?? I really want the recipe for the roasted tomatoes with sausage, thyme and garlic. :eat:

offwego
08-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I love the Italy series, but none of the recipes call to me. I need the at Home book. I tell you -- every single dish says "make me now!".

From the Italy one I've done the mushroom cheese thing (very good) and a pizza or two and a pasta that I can't now recall.

Green huh? Have you tried browns? they run to a lot of colour with still some good quality.

drummerboy
08-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Are we having a JQ "What Not To Wear" segment?

I just took my girlfriends to lunch (actually DW and DD). Now it's off to the courthouse. TTFN.

offwego
08-31-2007, 02:18 PM
Are we having a JQ "What Not To Wear" segment?

I just took my girlfriends to lunch (actually DW and DD). Now it's off to the courthouse. TTFN.

Ohh I would love to go on that show! While I think I have a good handle on my wardrobe getting some unbiased advise as I am moving from the "early 30's" into the not so early 30's would be great..Plus the whole day-evening transition stuff..Sigh. Have a great weekend Ken.

Where are the cookies? I have coffee!

Jasper
08-31-2007, 03:20 PM
HI all, I am just zooping in for a moment to say hey and see how everyone is doing. I have not been around much because of spending a lot of time at the doctors offices and having tests run to see if I have ruptured another disc. I have one more test next Thursday and then sometime after that we will have the answer.

I know that seems like a long time and a lot of tests to go through when most people just go get an MRI and then get the answer. However, in my case I have already had five back surgeries and also have a spinal stimulator in my back so they can’t do an MRI or it will fry my stimulator. Since a stimulator costs about $50,000.00 I don’t want to do anything to damage it.

Anyway, is everyone geared up for a great weekend? We are going to have a busy time this weekend. Tonight we have a family dinner planned. My oldest, a girl, is 22 and is a senior in college, my middle one, a boy is 19 and a freshman at Purdue this year, and my youngest is 11 is in the fifth grade. Needless to say with all of our lives being so busy and the two oldest off living in other cities it is going to be nice to have them home and all together at one time.

What I am not sure of this evening is that the two oldest will also be bringing their significant others along. I am not sure I am ready for my children to be seriously dating anyone!! Don’t get me wrong, both of their dates seem to be good people but I am just not sure I am ready for my children to be having regular dates.

Oh well, I won’t have long to dwell on it because on Saturday morning my youngest son has football practice then at 1:00 in the afternoon he and I will be meeting my father to go to a family reunion that is being held about an hour from here. Then at about 4:00 my wife is going to join us there and we will be leaving for Tennessee to attend a wedding reception on Sunday. As if that isn’t enough on the way home we will be going through Hopkinsville Ky. and visiting my Godmother who is very ill.

Come Monday evening we will be looking for our beds and a chance to just kick back and relax!!

Mickey'sGirl
08-31-2007, 03:32 PM
:pixie: Some good health dust for you Jasper! I hope you have a fabulous evening with your whole family! :thumbsup: Will you have cookies for dessert? :D

Jasper
08-31-2007, 03:49 PM
:pixie: Some good health dust for you Jasper! I hope you have a fabulous evening with your whole family! :thumbsup: Will you have cookies for dessert? :D

Actually we are having lemon meringue pie. There are two of them already made and sitting on the counter just waiting for us. Although I am afraid that one of them is already spoken for because we have a friend who had a death in the family so we will be taking one of them to the funeral home for the family.

Anyone want a piece of the other one if we have left overs?

offwego
08-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Actually we are having lemon meringue pie. There are two of them already made and sitting on the counter just waiting for us. Although I am afraid that one of them is already spoken for because we have a friend who had a death in the family so we will be taking one of them to the funeral home for the family.

Anyone want a piece of the other one if we have left overs?

Hope you get good news soon Jasper, (and in the meantime enjoy your weekend with your family) sorry to hear of your friend.

With all those folks at dinner you think you'll have leftovers? Those must be tiny peices of pie!

Christine
08-31-2007, 06:00 PM
First of all, Jasper, I will be praying for you! I hope you get some good news!

What else do you have in that garage sale?

Not much after today! Hopefully I can clear out the rest tomorrow! Wanna hear a secret? I made almost $400 today! :woohoo:

I am going to be Princess Leia too with any luck!

Are you doing this just to spite me?? ;)

I'm not sure Christine and I could work together. I'm not too good at following directions. ;)

You're durn tootin'!

Well, I am off to take a nice cool shower and relax for a while! We worked outside in that garage sale from 7:30am to almost 3pm :whew: . While we were outside I saw a fox chasing a rabbit and they were both walking... THAT's how hot it was today! :D

ElenitaB
08-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Finally zooping in! Today I enjoyed the first day of a 4-day weekend! (I love my job! :D ) It would have been a nicer had the pumpkin pie (DS's favorite) that I bought yesterday not have made both of us sick. :ack: I was up most of the night and Ben was up with me. Yuck! I'm going to return it though. Don't really care to spend $7 for a pie that needs a chaser of Pepto Bismol!

I've got a boo-boo too.
A boo-boo... on those legs? NO!

I had the Lawn Care company who looks after our grass call yesterday. [...] THEN she had the gaul to ask to speak to my husband. I asked her "Why do you want to speak to my husband?" and she said so that she could discuss it with him. Well -- I saw red to say the least -- and I told her that I had explained our position and that talking to my husband would do nothing to change it. She continued on ... and I hung up. I was so angry... and I am so tempted to call and cancel the service all together! What decade is she stuck in where the little woman takes all direction from her man? It was offensive.

I would've let her have it! I have often been downright rude to telemarketers and such... and Yep! I would call and cancel the service! I'm sure there are other lawn care companies out there... and I would make sure to speak to a supervisor and make sure they know exactly WHY you are cancelling...

I'd call and cancel my service. Or at least call and ask for the owner and tell them if this happens again you will cancel ! Go get'm Cousin.
I actually agree! Of course, I'm the one who will correct anyone who calls me "Mrs." with a "it's Ms." or if I'm really annoyed, I'll ask to be called "Dr." (I earned the degree but don't tend to use the salutation.) Why do people just tend to think that all women prefer to be called "Mrs."? I'll step off my soapbox now. Sorry but you inadvertently hit one of my buttons, Jenn.

Well I feel so much better now about the gentleman at the politcial meeting I was at last night suggesting that I should put one of the flowers in my cleavage. (this was after he handed me a different one and I had tucked it behind my ear thinking that was way too much already). Bars and politics apparently shouldn't be mixed!!
I'd suggest that life and politics shouldn't be mixed!

Anyone want to come over and help me with the cheesecakes for 150 I am taking for the sweet table?:D
My gosh... you ARE a galactic hero!

I'm the one who will go shoe shopping .... How are things Nat? Any idea when Jamie at Home will be relased in Canada? It's not till September in the UK.
Okay, what's Jamie at Home?

What I am not sure of this evening is that the two oldest will also be bringing their significant others along. I am not sure I am ready for my children to be seriously dating anyone!! Don’t get me wrong, both of their dates seem to be good people but I am just not sure I am ready for my children to be having regular dates.
At 19 and 22, I'd be worried if they weren't dating! The 11 yr old can definitely wait though. ;) Hope you get good news... I hate to hear about all you're experiencing. Gentle :hug: for you and lots of :pixie:

Not much after today! Hopefully I can clear out the rest tomorrow! Wanna hear a secret? I made almost $400 today!

Well, I am off to take a nice cool shower and relax for a while! We worked outside in that garage sale from 7:30am to almost 3pm :whew: . While we were outside I saw a fox chasing a rabbit and they were both walking... THAT's how hot it was today! :D
You're a treat! ... So how much would you charge to come up here and organize a garage (uh, courtyard) sale for me?

Safe travels, fun company, fabulous sales to all this weekend!

disneydeb
08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Jasper
Where in Tennessee are you headed? Have a great time with your family!

Christine,
Sounds like you are having one terrific yardsale! Congratulations!

Pogo,
It is time to press the play button on my watch!:thedolls: Does that answer your question , brother? :mickey:

Everyone,
Have a terrific weekend!

Beast_fanatic
08-31-2007, 11:43 PM
I made almost $400 today! :woohoo:

So how much would you charge to come up here and organize a garage (uh, courtyard) sale for me?

Hey Christine, I'm a lot closer than Ellen. So, what is your going rate? ;)

dlpmikki
09-01-2007, 02:46 AM

An English cook TV show (http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/J/jamie-at-home/)

I made almost $400 today! :woohoo:

Congratulations! :number1:

Jasper, I hope they find some way to help your back once they figure out what the problem is!

We have had a houseguest all week so I haven't been able to zoop in as much. Back to normal now with a tennis match tomorrow.

Did you know that it is one month today that I fly out to Florida? :D: cloud9:

alpro2
09-01-2007, 06:46 AM
You know that Labour Day is in Canada too, right Alex? Did you also know that it was originated by the Unions in Toronto????

I did not know that! I did know that Canada has a Labour Day, but the US has a Labor Day. :D

Alex - how much did you have to pay the Border Guards to get back into the country?

They felt bad once they took a look at me with my flannel shirt and 'coon skin hat. :D

Goodness..it's safe to golf again?

Ya know, Banker Babe, sometimes you actually can be funny. ;)

You're durn tootin'!

Is that like having gas? :blush:

A boo-boo... on those legs? NO!

Oh behaaave! (kiss all better? :D)

Originally Posted by ElenitaB

Originally Posted by dlpmikki
An English cook
AKA the Naked Chef (used to be on the Food Network a few years ago).

Notice anything different about me?

disneydeb
09-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Notice anything different about me?
:party:CONGRATULATIONS ON 8K!:party:

Could that be it?:thumbsup:

pogo
09-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Happy Saturday....... another beautifull day in Rochester, NY. The Fair was excellent as usual and the concert was just OK..... the sound guy couldn't get a good mix but the Music brought back a lot of memories.

The resort is open today with the pool temp at just 80 today.

Pogo - that resort in Rochester.. is it open in November? I'm looking for a place to go next November for me and my dh's 15 year anniversary...It depends on the Dates... The Studio is available for the first weekend, $250 per night. If you want any other date, you'll have to pay to stay in the suite, $450 per night unless you expect servants...... In that case it will cost $1,000 per night. Oh and the pool temp in November is a balmy 42 degrees ! :thumbsup: Still interested ? :D

Goodness where did you find her?

Answered my ad. She came with excellent references that I checked. :confused:

Ohh I would love to go on that show! While I think I have a good handle on my wardrobe getting some unbiased advise as I am moving from the "early 30's" into the not so early 30's would be great..Plus the whole day-evening transition stuff..Sigh.

Why don't we have our own show for you....

Ken, Alex, Scott, Jasper and I can be the judges. :D

Pogo,
It is time to press the play button on my watch! Does that answer your question , brother?
Nope..... what time is it ? :D

Is that like having gas? :blush:

Only you can come up with something like this. :notworth:
How do you keep doing it ? :D

disneydeb
09-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Nope..... what time is it ? :D

It is now 12:00 noon in Tennessee. Does THATanswer your question?:D

ElenitaB
09-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Congrats, Alex, on 8K! And welcome back to the Empire State!

So Jamie Oliver is now doing a home show? And he's dressing women? I'm so confused :confused:

So what's everyone up to today? I'm going to drop a friend, her son and Ben off at Coney Island's Astroland amusement park so they can have one last go at it. It's a now rather decrepit amusement park, well passed its heyday, that will be torn down after this season and turned into a 3 hotel resort area. Who will want to come vacation in Brooklyn I'm really not sure. But this should put to rest the rumors that were flying for years that Disney was buying out the Coney Island boardwalk.

Is everyone having fun today? :marg:

pogo
09-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Oops..... sorry Alex...... I forgot say....

:congrats:

on hitting 8 K ! :D

It is now 12:00 noon in Tennessee. Does THATanswer your question?:D :yes: Why didn't you just so ? :confused:

Little sisters are harder to deal with than I thought they would be. :faint:

So what's everyone up to today? I'm going to drop a friend, her son and Ben off at Coney Island's Astroland amusement park so they can have one last go at it. It's a now rather decrepit amusement park, well passed its heyday, that will be torn down after this season and turned into a 3 hotel resort area. Who will want to come vacation in Brooklyn I'm really not sure. But this should put to rest the rumors that were flying for years that Disney was buying out the Coney Island boardwalk.
Great news..... They're tearing down the park so Disney can build a park ? :trio:

It's about time ! Thanks for the heads up ! :D

disneydeb
09-01-2007, 03:02 PM
![/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B][/CENTER]

:yes: Why didn't you just so ? :confused:

Little sisters are harder to deal with than I thought they would be. :faint:

Pogo,
It's Football Time In Tennessee!!

Grandson has on his football jersey. I'm in mine. Just waiting for the kick-off.
Who is ready for college football?:party:

Caroleh
09-01-2007, 03:47 PM
We just got back from Ottawa. We didn't do a whole lot...went to the Byward Market, Parliament Hill, and shopping...I figured out how to get the DH to buy me stuff...I forgot to pack some of the essentials and I convinced him I needed new clothes to wear to my seminar at the end of the month. I got my beaver tail!!

I kept the DH walking all day yesterday, I told him we were practicing for Disney!!!:D This morning when we were getting ready to leave, we looked out the hotel window and watched hot air balloons flying across the city. I'll post my pictures later this weekend.

Ohh I would love to go on that show! While I think I have a good handle on my wardrobe getting some unbiased advise as I am moving from the "early 30's" into the not so early 30's would be great..Plus the whole day-evening transition stuff..Sigh.

I had to laugh at the DH when I was shopping, he kept commenting on what Stacy and Clinton would say!!!

Jasper, here's some :pixie: for your back.

:congrats: Alex on 8K.

So, is everyone enjoying the long weekend, so far?

Christine
09-01-2007, 03:49 PM
:sun: :whew: Another hot one today! But another profitable day! Cleared out the rest of the garage sale with another $250 in just over four hours. I LOVE garage sales! The idea of people PAYING you to haul off things you no longer need is out of this world!

My mother in law is about to get into town and is staying the weekend with us. :hide: I have to go take a nap and compose myself before she arrives...she can smell fear!

Hope you all have a good weekend! Congrats Alex on 8000! :party:

Do I still have to ask a question after all that hard work I just did?

Beast_fanatic
09-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Congrats Alex!

I didn't get much accomplished today. I gave blood this morning, finally saw the Harry Potter movie, searched for a recipe for some kind of dessert to take to a party tomorrow, and went to Target. And now, I'm incredibly sleepy.

Tomorrow, I've got to figure out what dessert I'm going to make, make it and then go to the party.

Monday, I'm hoping to get a quick visit in with my dad, and we're supposed to have a meal with our next door neighbors.

Now, when am I going to get to do my laundry?

drummerboy
09-02-2007, 12:36 AM
I LOVE garage sales! The idea of people PAYING you to haul off things you no longer need is out of this world!
We just got back from the auction house where we also sold a bunch of stuff we no longer needed. We're whittling down to get ready for moving, whenever that day comes. I'll be asking you for moral support, Christine.

Now, when am I going to get to do my laundry?
[Wonders, "Will she notice if I slip some of our laundry in there for her to do?"]

Christine
09-02-2007, 01:02 AM
We just got back from the auction house where we also sold a bunch of stuff we no longer needed. We're whittling down to get ready for moving, whenever that day comes. I'll be asking you for moral support, Christine.

I will be here for ya, Ken! We are pros at moving (been married 14 years and this next move will be our 8th house!)

We travel light...John always says that dust doesn't settle on us or our stuff! But I LIKE not having a bunch of stuff and clutter. Too much stuff makes me confused!

I don't get sentimental for THINGS like my friends do. They hold on to a baby outfit as if their child was still in it. I hold onto a PHOTO of my child in an outfit! Pictures, my friend, are the best momentos and take up much less space! (We burn all our photos to a disc, then put a copy in our safe deposit box and keep one copy at home.)

As far as WAITING for moving day to come, that I'm not too good at :blush:. I am finding myself driving by the house DAILY now! When I have more time I'll have to tell you guys about my new plan! :shake:

Hang in there! I'll help you through! :hug:

Are we still in 1955? Who's the president? :scratch:

drummerboy
09-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Are we still in 1955? Who's the president? :scratch:
Ever hear of the term "I like Ike?" Eisenhower is our President and Nixon is VP. I remember going with my grandmother to a political rally near Levittown, PA a looooong time ago and seeing/hearing Nixon speak. It might have been when he and Kennedy were running against each other.

Christine, I'll especially need the moral support in the house-building phase. We're just in the trying-to-figure-out-what-we-want phase now. Lots of sketching and re-sketching going on.

Christine
09-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Wow, Nixon was president when I was born in the 70's! That guy was in for the long haul, huh? (Jenn, Nat, Lynne, and Carol, that's American for "eh?". In America, "eh?" is what old people say who can't hear well. :D )

Anyhoo, if we are still in 1955 then I better get my pearls on and start a roast for Sunday supper!

Ken, the building phase is tough. This one was easy (spec home) but our last home was a "built from scratch" and I remember the frustrations of every little detail!

Me: I want this or that here.
Architect: No, it's not a load bearing wall.

Me: I need this room to be a bit bigger.
Architect: No, then you go past the zero lot line. If you adjust the other rooms deeper you go too close to the underground pipeline.

It's enough to make you :crazy:, but in the long run when you walk into that brand new beautiful home (6-9 months later) it's worth it!

People used to tell us, "If you two can survive building a house together, you'll be married forever!" We survived (we still had quite a few tiffs throughout!) but it was definitely a test of wills!

In the drawing phase, my biggest piece of advice is put as many plumbing things as you can back to back...it saves a TON of money!

Also, DON'T let them put your hot water heater or furnace in the attic!!

ElenitaB
09-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Ken, good luck for these coming months. We'll definitely miss you in October, but I guess a roof over your heads is definitely more important. When are you all planning on moving?

It's nice to have a long weekend. Today I have lots of laundry to do but I'm not going to obsess over it either.

So DS went off to Coney Island yesterday and can you believe that on the way back, my "friend" started badmouthing me to him? I've been wondering about this woman for a while but that's just over the line. :mad: (She's the same "friend" who told me at the beginning of the summer that I should start thinking about dying. Oh, and then she declared that you can't stay on chemo too long. And this is a friend?) I feel really badly because my DS likes her DS. So what do I do? :confused: I do know that I'd love to tell her off. Grrr. And thanks for letting me vent!

Well, I guess I should sort some laundry, huh? :laundry:

Beast_fanatic
09-02-2007, 03:27 PM
[Wonders, "Will she notice if I slip some of our laundry in there for her to do?"]

Yes, I would definitely notice since I still don't know when I'm going to get it done. I have managed to complete one load so far this morning, and I have a second load in the dryer, but that's all I can get done before we leave for the party.

Ken, the building phase is tough. This one was easy (spec home) but our last home was a "built from scratch" and I remember the frustrations of every little detail!

I'll second that. We didn't even do a custom home, but the building process still almost drove us over the edge.

So DS went off to Coney Island yesterday and can you believe that on the way back, my "friend" started badmouthing me to him? I've been wondering about this woman for a while but that's just over the line. :mad: (She's the same "friend" who told me at the beginning of the summer that I should start thinking about dying. Oh, and then she declared that you can't stay on chemo too long. And this is a friend?) I feel really badly because my DS likes her DS. So what do I do? :confused: I do know that I'd love to tell her off. Grrr. And thanks for letting me vent!

I'd have absolutely no problem telling her off (of course, I don't have a DS that is hanging in the balance either though). At the very least, I'd tell her to keep her opinions to herself whenever she's around your DS. In my best New Yock accent: Want I should talk to her?

Christine
09-02-2007, 03:36 PM
can you believe that on the way back, my "friend" started badmouthing me to him? I've been wondering about this woman for a while but that's just over the line. :mad: (She's the same "friend" who told me at the beginning of the summer that I should start thinking about dying. Oh, and then she declared that you can't stay on chemo too long. And this is a friend?) I feel really badly because my DS likes her DS. So what do I do? :confused: I do know that I'd love to tell her off. Grrr. And thanks for letting me vent!

OMG! Some friend! What's the expression?
With a friend like that, who needs a gun? I DO :here: :D

I'm not sure how to handle it...you definitely don't want to penalize the boys' friendship b/c of the mom. BUT you don't want her to talk bad about you to your DS either? Maybe just more hostings by YOU for the boys to get together? That's a toughie!

I'm not good at figuring things out. I actually could use some advice today!

Here's the deal:

Ok, so you know we're building a house. Well, last night, I go to see about it, and notice a completed house down the street is up for lease! Well, we actually WANT to lease (since we're leaving to move to Celebration in two years) but when we couldn't find anything decent, we decided to buy this house b/c it's payments would be same as rent (so we were told, but ended up not true).

We called about the lease house. Here are the PROS:
- It's rent is $250 a month LESS than our house payment would be to buy our house. Our "month to month" expenses would be much easier to rent.

-Also, it is ready to move in!
Here are the CONS:
-It is not the same floorplan I'd picked, and while it has some of the same features I picked, the flooring is not my fave nor are a few other things.
-The builder may not give us our earnest money.
-Our landlord HERE may not let us out of October's rent.
-The "start up cash" would be hard to find (deposit, first month rent, pet deposit, etc)

We figured it'd cost $4000 to rent vs. buy and $6000 to buy vs. rent. Seems to answer itself, BUT, if we buy, we'd have equity! These houses are going like hotcakes and since we've bought in, the going price of our house plan has gone up by $4200!

What would you do? Worry about long term or day to day paycheck to paycheck??? :confused: :crazy:

Should I have posted this in the Watercooler instead?? :blush:

dlpmikki
09-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Thats a tough one Christine. On the news over here is all about the problems with the US housing market and people defaulting which is not only effecting the stock markets but also expected to effect house prices. If you think your house will go up in price and can afford it then buying is usually better than leasing / renting.

Will the mortgage cost go up? Will the lease cost go up? Do you have more control over one than the other?

If you lease you can leave on an agreed date. If you buy you need to sell. But if prices go up in Celebration in the meantime will you still be able to afford to move there?

Good luck in whatever decision you make!

Ellen - your 'friend' needs some straight talking. Ben does need anyone to bad mouth you or to suggest about getting ready to die (if she says it to you she could say it to him). What makes her the expert anyway!? Grrrr.

Mickey'sGirl
09-02-2007, 05:24 PM
:hi: Mikki!

Just zooping in quickly....

Ellen -- You have to speak to that woman. It probably really upset Ben to hear her speak poorly of you. I don't know if people like that think they are being helpful or what .... I think they are simply hurtful. Here's a :hug: til you figure out what to do.

Christine -- I think a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush ... that is -- you know the details of the purchase -- what the payments will be -- that you will be in control of how long you are there etc.... also if the prices are going up where you are, they are going up everywhere else too ... so you might be further ahead moneywise when it comes time to move to Celebration if you purchase. The equity in the home is yours -- and your payments stay at the level set out in your mortgage at the bank.... I guess I'm a little conservative as far as housing is concerned.

Are we all doing :laundry: today? I have to go and switch a load over. :mickey:

ElenitaB
09-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks for your support/advice (Christine, I think we have a new saying).

Okay, who else watches "How Clean Is Your House?" Are these houses for real? Yuck! :ack:

disneydeb
09-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Okay, who else watches "How Clean Is Your House?" Are these houses for real? Yuck! :ack:

What network hosts "how Clean is Your House"?

I'm afraid my house may be the subject of the next episode...:D

Ellen,
The woman sounds as if she has a real problem with people. I guess I would do my best to try to stay away from her and inviter her son over to visit with Ben, instead of Ben being subjected to her. :hug:

Chrisine,
I am not the one to hand out financial advice, but usually buying a house helps build equity even if you are planning a move soon. Ken or Pogo should have some....uh-humph...fatherly advice coming on soon. Yes, listen to someone older and wiser than me.....:D
Good luck with your decision.:hug:

Beast_fanatic
09-02-2007, 10:28 PM
We're home from the party. I'm sure it's still going on (and will be for some time). It was fun, but we'd had enough.

Why didn't anyone finish up my laundry while I was gone?

disneydeb
09-02-2007, 11:28 PM
We're home from the party. I'm sure it's still going on (and will be for some time). It was fun, but we'd had enough.

Why didn't anyone finish up my laundry while I was gone?

You had had enough fun?:D

I would have gladly done your laundry, but I was busy being a wise guy. :D

Would someone supply a question for me, please?

drummerboy
09-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Why didn't anyone finish up my laundry while I was gone?We did, but then everybody tried something on and it got dirty again.

Who's going to have the coffee ready tomorrow morning (well, I guess it's this morning isn't it?)?

Christine
09-03-2007, 02:11 AM
I can't sleep...is anyone else up? Blythe???

:search:

Well, I guess I'll go catch up on my trip report reading...

See you all later!

alpro2
09-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Ellen - nice "friend" you have there. I know just how to handle those types of friends. :thedolls:

Christine - purchase the house.

How is everybody's Labor Day going? Is winter really around the corner?

Christine
09-03-2007, 10:40 AM
If you think your house will go up in price and can afford it then buying is usually better than leasing / renting.

The equity in the home is yours -- and your payments stay at the level set out in your mortgage at the bank....

usually buying a house helps build equity even if you are planning a move soon.

Christine - purchase the house.

Well, we were up all night last night hashing out the numbers and we are buying the house! The difference in money long-term ended up being insignificant and we realized that while our month to month budget would have been lessened a bit by renting, it will at least remain the same as it is right now by buying, and we haven't gone TOO hungry yet! :D (and of course we will have the equity when we leave) Thanks for your advice everyone! Sometimes it really helps to "think out loud" and hear the things you need to hear!

Thanks for your support/advice (Christine, I think we have a new saying).

Which saying?

What will everyone be doing today? I think I am going to take Olivia and her friend to the movies. OOOOhhhh~ I HAVE to tell ya'all this story!

When I had the garage sale Saturday, Olivia and her friend had a lemonade stand. They were THRILLED at the idea of making money! Well, I think they had "lofty goals" of making $10's and $20's by the handfuls, and they soon got a bit disappointed when their 25 cent lemonade and 10 cent cookies didn't fill their money jar too high.

So they asked us to watch the stand for them, and went in the house. They came back out with a SECOND jar on which they had taped a sign that read "TIPS" :funny: .

And you know what? They ended up with more money in their tip jar than in their lemonade / cookie jar!

Is that my kid or what?? :thumbsup:

disneydeb
09-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Christine,
I LOVE the Lemonade stand story!! Thanks for the smile!:)

What movie willl they be seeing today?

Christine
09-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Christine,
I LOVE the Lemonade stand story!! Thanks for the smile!:)

What movie willl they be seeing today?

Isnt' that cute? I may have to share that in the Watercooler...maybe it'll brighten someone's day.

Sadly,I am taking them to see Ratatouille. :faint: I can't believe I'm going to sit through that again! Maybe I should make a second post in the watercooler asking for pixie dust! Think that'd be a bit much? :scratch: :secret:

disneydeb
09-03-2007, 12:06 PM
One of my students asked me the other day if I had seen it...Thankfully, she didn't ask me my opinion.:confused: Wonder why?
It is not my favorite Disney movie either.
Hope you enjoy it better this time around!:pixie::pixie:

ElenitaB
09-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Hello all! Sorry I didn't have fresh coffee for everyone this morning. I spent my Labor Day morning sleeping in. :cloud9:

Just heard from BronxTigger! So we're going to go have lunch today as she's down here in Brooklyn. Her trip reports should be up soon but she's going back to work tomorrow (luckily, my DS doesn't go back to school until Thursday... two extra days to do all those last-minute school errands).

"How Clean Is Your House?" is a BBC production. It actually made me feel a bit better about my house. At least all I have is clutter (and, unfortuantely, lots of it) and not dirt and grime! :sick:

So should Bethany and I buy you all cookies? How about some nice cannoli?

Dsnygirl
09-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi everybody!! We're back!! We had a really fun weekend in Buffalo @ my MIL's house... my DH's sister and her family came in (neice, 4 and nephew, 2) from Michigan and it was really nice to just all be together for a few days and relax. Well, almost relax - we spent Saturday in Marineland and then Niagara Falls for a bit... Sunday we were off to the zoo, and then crashed at home. The kids were ready for more, but the adults were done in!! Here are a few pics...

Marineland (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/ForIntercot2)

Niagara Falls (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/ForIntercot)

I can't sleep...is anyone else up? Blythe???

Sorry... I was actually asleep last night!! :)

OOOOhhhh~ I HAVE to tell ya'all this story!

When I had the garage sale Saturday, Olivia and her friend had a lemonade stand. They were THRILLED at the idea of making money! Well, I think they had "lofty goals" of making $10's and $20's by the handfuls, and they soon got a bit disappointed when their 25 cent lemonade and 10 cent cookies didn't fill their money jar too high.

So they asked us to watch the stand for them, and went in the house. They came back out with a SECOND jar on which they had taped a sign that read "TIPS" :funny: .

And you know what? They ended up with more money in their tip jar than in their lemonade / cookie jar!

Is that my kid or what??
What a great story... smart kid!! I'll have to remember that next time my girls start asking to do a lemonade stand... :thumbsup:

Pogo, sorry we missed you Friday at the Fair... and we did catch the noon showing at King Waldorf's -- and loved it. And our wait times at the bridges?? None!! Talk about lucky!! :D

Well, I'm off for a bit to finish unpacking and doing laundry... I hope everyone's had a great weekend!! We're headed next door for a bbq, and then probably an early night around here. Anyone else finding it hard to believe that tomorrow is the last day before school starts again??

disneydeb
09-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing, Blythe. What grades will your girls be in this year?

ElenitaB
09-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Hello, everyone! Hope a nice day was had by all! We had a nice lunch with BronxTigger (and the pizza wasn't bad either).

This week marks the return to routine... I'm so looking forward to it. Is this a bad thing?

pogo
09-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Hello, everyone! Hope a nice day was had by all! We had a nice lunch with BronxTigger (and the pizza wasn't bad either).

This week marks the return to routine... I'm so looking forward to it. Is this a bad thing?Glad you had a good day. :hug:
I've been able to lurk a little this weekend but not enough time to post untill now.

I hope you have a good "routine" this week. :thumbsup:

Is there anything you need ? :D

disneydeb
09-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Is there anything you need ? :D

We could always use some fatherly advice :D

Do you have any berries for my cereal?

pogo
09-04-2007, 07:08 AM
We could always use some fatherly advice :D

Do you have any berries for my cereal?
What kind of berries would you like ? :D

alpro2
09-04-2007, 07:26 AM
Good Morning all. Hope the weekend was nice. My younger DS turns 13 today (older DS is 15). Where has the time gone? :confused:

Caroleh
09-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Good Morning all. Hope the weekend was nice. My younger DS turns 13 today (older DS is 15). Where has the time gone? :confused:

Gee, Alex, haven't you heard the saying time goes faster as we get older? The time is just zooming by. Look this month it's 1955 and in no time it'll be 2007. ;)

Hope everyone had a great weekend, for some reason I'm dreading going back to work.

offwego
09-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Is everyone having fun today? :marg: I went golfing! With friends..no pink golf balls were used. Did you guys know they make golf sandals? Why did no one tell me this?

my "friend" started badmouthing me to him? I've been wondering about this woman for a while but that's just over the line. :mad: (
This is a "frenemy"...not something you need. Just send her over here and we will straighten her out.

What would you do? Worry about long term or day to day paycheck to paycheck??? :confused: :crazy:

Should I have posted this in the Watercooler instead?? :blush:
I think you've made a choice already..and I think you made the right one!!

Yack two teenagers. No wonder you needed to escape to Canada.

Christine
09-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Good morning.

Would anyone like a hearty 1955 breakfast this morning? Eggs, biscuits, bacon, sausages, pancakes, ham steak, oatmeal, french toast, hand-squeezed orange juice, milk, pastry...

And of course the coffee is in the percolator!

Have a great day everyone! (she says wearing her pearls and heels at the front door handing everyone a sack lunch as they go!)

I better get back in the kitchen to make a birthday cake for Alex's son!

disneydrmr
09-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekends! You guys sure did some talking so I just skimmed over all the past posts... if I missed anything important I"m sorry...

Ellen - I'd be telling that friend off! You need to be surrounded by people who are POSITIVE, UPLIFTING, ENCOURAGING, LOVING, SUPPORTIVE, CARING, CONCERNED (hmmm.. why are you hanging out on the JQ thread then :D)... and from here out I would only let your son hang out with her son if YOU are the one with them.. do NOT allow Ben to be with that woman.. who knows what she's saying to him.. he does NOT need to hear bad things about his mother! Hmmm.. do you want all of us to come and have a little 'talk' with her for you? Let's see, we have a Texan with a gun, a few Italians, a Lawyer, nurse, and a POGO!!! yep, we can have her running scared! :D

OMG! Some friend! What's the expression?
With a friend like that, who needs a gun? I DO :here:

Oh my! Yep! She's from Texas all right! :D

What a cute story! Think that would work if I put a "Tips" jar on the corner of my desk here at work? Hmmmm.. knowing the people here I'd get little sticky notes in it saying stuff like "be glad you have a job"... "don't call off sick.. or else." "don't plan to die during the school year"... etc...

ElenitaB
09-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Good morning, everyone! Thanks for the oatmeal and coffee this AM, Christine. It was yummy!

Glad to see everyone emerge from their weekend hideaways...

Happy bday to Alex's son! Are we having a party, Alex? What time should we arrive?

Later, all! Time to zoop into work! :geek:

drummerboy
09-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Good morning.

Would anyone like a hearty 1955 breakfast this morning? Eggs, biscuits, bacon, sausages, pancakes, ham steak, oatmeal, french toast, hand-squeezed orange juice, milk, pastry...

And of course the coffee is in the percolator!
Sounds good to me. And all with no calories, right? (We may be in 1955, but we still have 2007 sensibilities.)

Glad to see many of you made it through the weekend. I'll let you know later whether I really made it.

I just realized I still have paint on my hands after two showers. Finished pulling all the sheetrock off the ceiling to expose the beaded board and cleaned all that mess up, and started painting Kilz on the walls. I'd say I spent 'Labor' day appropriately.

Still have to finish putting Kilz on the walls, paint the walls, finish putting the trim back, paint all the trim, and paint the ceiling. Whew. Glad I could get back to work and rest.

offwego
09-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Sounds I just realized I still have paint on my hands after two showers. Finished pulling all the sheetrock off the ceiling to expose the beaded board and cleaned all that mess up, and started painting Kilz on the walls. I'd say I spent 'Labor' day appropriately.

Still have to finish putting Kilz on the walls, paint the walls, finish putting the trim back, paint all the trim, and paint the ceiling. Whew. Glad I could get back to work and rest.
What on earth is kilz? And try mineral spirts for the paint..and then some hand cream.

Mickey'sGirl
09-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Good Morning all. Hope the weekend was nice. My younger DS turns 13 today (older DS is 15). Where has the time gone? :confused:Happy Birthday to your DS Alex! I wish him a year of good health and happiness -- poor guy gets stuck going back to school on his happy day, eh? How does he like that?

And of course the coffee is in the percolator!I LOVE LOVE LOVE coffee from a percolator. It's so rich and hot and yum yum yummy!

I just realized I still have paint on my hands after two showers. Finished pulling all the sheetrock off the ceiling to expose the beaded board and cleaned all that mess up, and started painting Kilz on the walls. I'd say I spent 'Labor' day appropriately. Have you tried nail polish remover? The boys and I built, casted and painted a T-Rex a couple of weeks ago -- and the only thing that would remove the green paint from Euan (and by extension me) was nailpolish remover.

Happy Tuesday everyone! Just dropped Harry off at school -- It looks as though he is in with a great group of kids! :thumbsup:

drummerboy
09-04-2007, 12:15 PM
What on earth is kilz? And try mineral spirts for the paint..and then some hand cream.
Kilz is a pre-coat that covers most anything and keeps things like pencil marks, crayon, etc. from bleeding through when you put onthe final coat. (Or at least that's the claim--usually works for us.) It's water-based, so I don't think mineral spirits will help. I think it's going to take an old fashioned scrubbing with a washcloth and eyes un-bleary enough to see it in the first place.

Happy birthday to your DS, Alex. If you want to wonder where the time flies, wait 'til they're in their 30s.

offwego
09-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Happy birthday to your DS, Alex. If you want to wonder where the time flies, wait 'til they're in their 30s.

Ahh primer...What happens when your kids are in their 30's? Should I be looking for weird behavior on the part of my parents. Oh wait too late.

drummerboy
09-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Ahh primer...What happens when your kids are in their 30's?
For one, you stop aging and they start to catch up.

Also, you have the delight of watching them 'discover' all the things you already knew about. And you get to laugh with evil glee as you watch them discipline their children the same way they swore they would never do when you disciplined them the same way. :thedolls:

Anybody got a slug of Geritol to spare? I need a quick pick-me-up. :old:

Mickey'sGirl
09-04-2007, 12:51 PM
. And you get to laugh with evil glee as you watch them discipline their children the same way they swore they would never do when you disciplined them the same way. :thedolls:

I hope that I am half the parent my parents were. :thumbsup: Do you want me to run and get you some ginko? Some fibre? My BinL's grandfather used to take a bottle of Drambuie upstairs to bed with him.... called it his medicine. ;)

disneydrmr
09-04-2007, 12:52 PM

No Geritol, but we have a few cases of Prune Juice out in our warehouse.. want me to snag one for you? OH! We also have Ensure - would that work?

Alex - sorry I overlooked your post on your son's birthday.. I do hope he has a happy one! :party:

ElenitaB
09-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Also, you have the delight of watching them 'discover' all the things you already knew about. And you get to laugh with evil glee as you watch them discipline their children the same way they swore they would never do when you disciplined them the same way.
Maybe that's why my mom's mind has shorted out... because there's no way that I would discipline my DS the way they disciplined my DB and I. :nono: She does really enjoy watching my DS showing some of my wonderful :blush: traits though.

Can someone send me some happy thoughts? Now I really need them!

offwego
09-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Maybe that's why my mom's mind has shorted out... because there's no way that I would discipline my DS the way they disciplined my DB and I. :nono: She does really enjoy watching my DS showing some of my wonderful :blush: traits though.

Happy thoughts? Sure...Ben's face looking at his cake on your cruise. The first time you moved into your very own apartment space. The first meal you cooked for friends in your own space. The first time you wore a "little black dress" and knew you looked good. The last time you saw a puppy...the next time you'll be in WDW.

dlpmikki
09-04-2007, 05:57 PM

You are a wonderful mother and a caring person. The world could do with more people like you.

Now before I get all maudlin lets cheer. :party: Can you believe we will meet up at at last in just a few weeks time? :cloud9::D

disneydeb
09-04-2007, 06:15 PM
:birthday:To Alex's 13 year old son! Time slips away too quickly.
Thank you Christine for such a hearty breakfast. I'll not need to eat again for weeks.
Ellen, You do so much for so many, thank you.
Mikki I'm so excited!I can hardly believe the meet is just a few weeks away!

Can you keep a secret?...... I'm not going to be a pirate for Halloween. SHHHHH! I'm working on something that I could see myself actually doing in the MK one day.If they would hire me, no! heck, I would probably volunteer my time......
Hint #1 It's blue (mostly)

Have you guessed yet?

Natalie,
Congratulations on 6K!

Christine
09-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Can you keep a secret?...... I'm not going to be a pirate for Halloween. SHHHHH! I'm working on something that I could see myself actually doing in the MK one day.If they would hire me, no! heck, I would probably volunteer my time......

Have you guessed yet?

Is it...Fairy Godmother?

alpro2
09-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Yack two teenagers. No wonder you needed to escape to Canada.
I bet you are wondering how I look so young! :D

Happy bday to Alex's son! Are we having a party, Alex? What time should we arrive?

Too late. Party was on Sunday. :D

I just realized I still have paint on my hands after two showers. Finished pulling all the sheetrock off the ceiling to expose the beaded board and cleaned all that mess up, and started painting Kilz on the walls. I'd say I spent 'Labor' day appropriately.

Um, Ken....you are so supposed to paint the walls; not your hands.

:shake:

You are going to be wearing a Stitch costume?

Ken, do you mind if I dress up like you for MNSSHP?

drummerboy
09-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Ken, do you mind if I dress up like you for MNSSHP?
I thought MNSSHP was supposed to be Not So Scary. Why would you want to horrify the little munchkins? Unless, of course, you wanted to borrow my Oktoberfest costume, but then I'd have to say no because I'll be in the middle of fest season.

pogo
09-04-2007, 08:33 PM

Are you going to be a wicked witch ? :witch:......:funny:

ElenitaB
09-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Too late. Party was on Sunday. :D
And you didn't invite us? :sob:

I agree... is it the Fairy Godmother's cape? (I always thought that would be a good costume for me because she's a bit on the rotound size.)

Unless, of course, you wanted to borrow my Oktoberfest costume, but then I'd have to say no because I'll be in the middle of fest season.
I'd pay to see that! :D

Natalie, 6K? Wow! :marg:

Thanks for the happy thoughts, all! Preliminary reports from the coast aren't good (20 ft storm surge; 5,500 houses destroyed and 35,000 people homeless; threats of landslides in the northern mountains due to up to 20 inches of rain), but my oldest stepdaugher just called and in her part of the country they're just getting a lot of rain but no winds.

You guys are the greatest! And for those of you going down for the meet, only 38 more days!

Christine
09-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Evening everyone!

Just a quick hello / goodbye...I have a ton to do tonight.

Hope everyone had a good day. I'm going on an interview in the morning! :fingers:

Has anyone seen the Family Guy where Peter's on a job interview and the guy asks, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" ;) :nono:

disneydeb
09-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Are you going to be a wicked witch ? :witch:......:funny:

EEEEEEeeeehhhhhhehehe! I'll GET YOU my little pretty and your little dog too!EEEEeeeeehehehehe!( ok, that's my best witch imitation)
dododododododooo.....dodododoootooooooooo!(witch music)
I'm melting! I'm melting.............

No! That's not it!:fresh::razz::razz::razz:
I'll tell mom on you!

Christine and Ellen,
You two are great guessers!
If I can find material, a pattern and someone to make it in this little town of ours!
I just went to Wal-Mart (they ran all other fabric stores out of business) and now they don't sell fabric anymore!
Anyone here a seamstress?

Good luck tomorrow, Christine!

Dsnygirl
09-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi all... just popping in for a moment before bed... it's been too crazy for me to get even CLOSE to a computer today!! Tomorrow's the first day of school for my girls.... aaahhh... peace....

Let's see -- what have I missed??

Nat - congrats on 6K!! :party:

Alex - belated Happy Birthday to your DS13... not sure I'm even remotely looking forward to that birthday!! :D

Ellen - a friend like that is NOT a friend - you are such an awesome person, and an inspiration in positive thinking - I think you can let people like her just leave your life. You are too happy for someone like that! :)

Christine - glad to hear you're buying the house - we've had the same question, and ended up finding the same answer. :thumbsup: Wish our answer was leading us to Celebration, though... ;) GOOD LUCK and :pixie: for your interview tomorrow!!

I know there's more, but I'm just too tired to figure them all out -- plus, you all know I'm thinking of you, even when I'm not typing your name!! :D

As far as the anniv. party - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT'S ONLY 37 DAYS AWAY!?! :joy:

Okay - I'm off to bed... catch you all in the morning....

Christine
09-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Well, I'm back! I got my resume done in no time! (Probably not a good thing, is it?)

Nat congrats on 6K!

Ellen, remember when you were welcoming the routine of back to school? Well, I'm on week 2 and ready for summer again! Every day after school Olivia has fallen asleep after school on the couch. Today she made no bones about it and just went up to bed! I had to wake her at 5:30 to get her to soccer until 7:30, then home and in the shower while I cooked dinner. Ate at 8:00, homework until 8:30 and off to bed!

I miss just letting her go til she crashed!

big al, I think it would be a touching tribute to go to MNSSHP as Ken! Remember that episode of Frasier when Niles dresses up as Martin?

Do you think I watch WAY too much tv? I think I can relate almost any life situation to a tv show.

Think I should list that on my resume?? :D

Beast_fanatic
09-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Kilz is a pre-coat that covers most anything and keeps things like pencil marks, crayon, etc. from bleeding through when you put onthe final coat. (Or at least that's the claim--usually works for us.) It's water-based, so I don't think mineral spirits will help. I think it's going to take an old fashioned scrubbing with a washcloth and eyes un-bleary enough to see it in the first place.

How is it that no one else noticed that Ken was missing his question?

Hope everyone had a good day. I'm going on an interview in the morning! :fingers:

Good luck and :pixie: on the way for your interview! Be aware of your body language (don't cross your arms, lean forward slightly as that indicates that you are interested, and smile (but not to the point that you look crazy ;))). Let us know how it goes!

dlpmikki
09-05-2007, 04:54 AM
I'm so excited![/SIZE]I can hardly believe the meet is just a few weeks away!

Have you guessed yet?

Hmmm, if you are not going to be a pirate maybe you are going to be Wendy? I am excited as well - only 26 days till I leave. Suddenly I am thinking it is about time I got organised!

Good luck with your interview Christine!

What's everyone going to be up to this lovely day (when you all get up!)?

disneydeb
09-05-2007, 06:52 AM

Who am I to judge? I don't even notice when I miss a question!:D

Hmmm, if you are not going to be a pirate maybe you are going to be Wendy? I am excited as well - only 26 days till I leave. Suddenly I am thinking it is about time I got organised!

Good luck with your interview Christine!

I'll be Fairy Godmother if I can have it made by then.
Today, I'm off to perform the magic of teaching children to read!

Good Luck, Christine!
Have a great day everyone.

How about meatloaf for dinner tonight?

pogo
09-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Good morning all........ another busy day. Interviewing three potential employee's today. Interviewed one yesterday.:( Not good ! Anybody want to do this for me today ?

I'm going on an interview in the morning!
Please tell me you're not one of my interviewee's........ just kidding... good luck !:thumbsup:

I'll tell mom on you!
In that case.... I might as well make it worth getting in trouble for ! ( as I pull your pigtails. )

I know there's more, but I'm just too tired to figure them all out -- plus, you all know I'm thinking of you, even when I'm not typing your name!!
You are too sweet ! :D

Because you are sooo good at it. :D

Work... work... work. No really...... work. :(

How about meatloaf for dinner tonight?As long as it's Mom's meatloaf...... and NOT yours ! :D

Caroleh
09-05-2007, 08:57 AM
I just went to Wal-Mart (they ran all other fabric stores out of business) and now they don't sell fabric anymore!

Ssshhhh , don't tell anyone that I sew and manage a fabric store. Deb, I just took a peak at the different pattern companies costume patterns and there was nothing for Stitch. We're pretty lucky in the town where my store is at, Walmart didn't run us out of business. In fact, at one time there was my store and a quilt shop that sold fabric, then Walmart and another fabric chain came into town, by the end of October my store will be the only place left selling fabric!! The last 3 monthes my business has been up in sales. I'm pretty excited about that...it helps I get a bonus when sales are up!!!:D

Good luck with your interviews, Pogo!! I'm sure you'll find someone soon. I know its hard to find a good employee.

Also, good luck with your interview, Christine!!:pixie:to help you out!!!

I wanted to share a cute story with you...a few weeks ago one of my staff members was cleaning out her basement and brought me a stuffed Minnie Mouse, well yesterday when I returned to work, there was a smaller Minnie sitting on my desk!! :minnie2: My assistant manager brought it for me. It was her oldest DD and she didn't want it, so she gave it to me!!!

Do you think they want me to get to WDW or to stop talking about WDW?

disneydrmr
09-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Morning all! How did everyone sleep last night? Everybody up and bright eyed and bushy tailed? I would offer you a cappachino but I don't believe they had them back in the 50's - did they?

Nat - congrats on 6k!
Christine - good luck on the interview today!
Ellen - glad that your step daughter is safe.

Um, can we please have something else? I made a delicsious Bacon Cheeseburger meatloaf on Monday and we had those left overs last night.. so I'm kinda wanting something besides meatloaf... though if you are having mashed taters with it I might let you twist my arm! :D

Good morning all........ another busy day. Interviewing three potential employee's today. Interviewed one yesterday.:( Not good ! Anybody want to do this for me today ?

Ok, for the LAST time.... if you would just hire me you wouldn't have to go thru all this trouble.... :D

drummerboy
09-05-2007, 09:33 AM
What, you've never heard of the implied interrogatory? When I mentioned "If you want to wonder where the time flies..." that gets everybody wondering "Where did the time fly?" Then there's a question. Implied. Not asked directly. [Think she's buying it?] :confused::thedolls:

I think we should start a "Just Questions at Work" day where each of us speaks only in questions all day at work. Come to think of it, I have to do that a lot anyway to get information from clients. And boy do I have to do that during arbitrations to get the parties to explain what the heck they're talking about.

Mickey'sGirl
09-05-2007, 09:35 AM
:hi: Mornin' everyone! I am a bit strung out this morning -- it took me 35 minutes to get Harry 3 1/2 miles to his school. Our town is ridiculous with construction and closures. I just sent an e-mail to our Mayor telling him so too!

Good luck with the interview Christine! :pixie:

Good luck with the interviewing Cousin! :pixie:

Good luck finding a pattern Deb! I am still making the costumes for all my guys -- but I'm running out of time and I'm so busy! Maybe I'll put on a touque and call myself a Hoser instead. Anyone hear of Bob and Doug MacKenzie?

Caroleh
09-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Anyone hear of Bob and Doug MacKenzie?

I love Bob and Doug. Need another beer, eh?

Did you find the hem fuser, Sister?

Mickey'sGirl
09-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm going out to get it after lunch with any luck! I go to a Fabricland shop here -- I try to never shop at Walmart. They can leave town if they care to ... they've caused all kinds of small businesses to close down.

It looks like the rain has finally stopped, so we might just get outside! Anyone want to play ball?

drummerboy
09-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Good luck with the interview Christine! :pixie:

Good luck with the interviewing Cousin! :pixie:

All we need is for Christine to move to Rochester and we have two problems solved, right?

drummerboy
09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I try to never shop at Walmart. They can leave town if they care to ... they've caused all kinds of small businesses to close down.
Funny the effect Wal-mart has in different areas. For the most part, the places that they 'closed down' here were ones that were pretty well on their way out anyway for various reasons. (For instance, they might have had really bad customer service and were overpriced but they were the only place in town to go to for a certain item, or the owners were aging out and getting ready to close soon anyway.)

How's mitwoch going for everybody? (Have to get into Oktoberfest mode--first fest is the 14th.)

Dsnygirl
09-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Mornin' all!! Well, my girls are off at school, and my house is blessedly quiet & peaceful... not clean or organized yet, but hopefully, if I can get myself off the computer, it will be later today!! :blush: I love the first few days of freedom... then I miss having them around again. Crazy... :crazy:
Today is their first day at their new schools, so they were SO excited, and nervous at the same time... but each of them met a few girls in their classes over the last few weeks, so that should help. I have to admit, I felt nervous for them, too... they were so familiar and at home at their old school... but this is DEFINITELY a good step for them, and I'm sure they'll fall into the swing of things quickly. Just being a sentimental mom.... :blush:

Well, I guess it'll be a few errands (kitten has to go to the vet again, so I may as well hit a few stores on the way home, as it's a 1/2 hr. away!! :thumbsup:) and then some cleaning and organizing. This house is so much smaller than our old house, and seems to be much harder to keep in order - esp. w/ the girls home all summer as we moved in!! So - now I've got to get control of stuff... plus, I have to get ready for our Disney trip!! My DH says he's seen shuttle launches go off w/ less preparations than I go through for our trips, but I just love it... probably a little bit of OCD there... :blush:

Hope everyone's having a good start to their Wednesday -- where'd all the coffee go??

pogo
09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Ssshhhh , don't tell anyone that I sew and manage a fabric store. Deb, I just took a peak at the different pattern companies costume patterns and there was nothing for Stitch.
:secret: I think she said "Fairy God Mother".

Ok, for the LAST time.... if you would just hire me you wouldn't have to go thru all this trouble....
I wish I could.... I think you'd be perfect ! Are you willing to relocate to Rochester at YOUR OWN EXPENSE ?

Is that plain enough for you ? :D

What, you've never heard of the implied interrogatory? When I mentioned "If you want to wonder where the time flies..." that gets everybody wondering "Where did the time fly?" Then there's a question. Implied. Not asked directly. [Think she's buying it?]

:nope:

Good luck with the interviewing Cousin!Thanks..... I'll need it.....so far.... one down..... two to go !

Anyone hear of Bob and Doug MacKenzie ? I have, eh ? Maybe you and Alex could go as them, eh.... both wear plaid, eh ?
Alex could drink the beer while you spill yours, eh ? :D

All we need is for Christine to move to Rochester and we have two problems solved, right?

I'm sorry..... but once again..... I don't think I could work for Christine....... I love her like a little sister, BUT ! :D

Caroleh
09-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm going out to get it after lunch with any luck! I go to a Fabricland shop here -- I try to never shop at Walmart.
Anyone want to play ball?

Fabricland is good!!!:D Just ask for the hem fuser tape, they'll know what you are talking about. I'd play ball, but I have to go to Fabricland for about 8 hours.:blush:

Does anyone know of a good pick-me-up besides a good :marg:? I'm really having a bad day today.

ElenitaB
09-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Just zooping in to say before we head to the mall to get DS shoes for school which starts TOMORROW! :muscles: (I feel like those parents from that old Staples ad.)

Apparently there are several of us. I've been sewing since I was in grade school. I order my patterns online but finding fabric is a problem around here. The only craft/fabric store has closed down and we do have one fabric store in my neighborhood (the one I used to go to closed down but that's fine because the owners were downright nasty), but I haven't been to it yet. FYI -- no WalMart in NYC. It's an ongoing feud (which is fine with me).

He had us all bamboozled with all his technical talk! :blush:

I'll be Fairy Godmother if I can have it made by then.
Today, I'm off to perform the magic of teaching children to read!

I think you should wear your cape to school too once you have it made! Meatloaf sounds yummy... in fact, I might make some turkey meatloaf myself!

[QUOTE=disneydrmr;1408624]Morning all! How did everyone sleep last night? Everybody up and bright eyed and bushy tailed? I would offer you a cappachino but I don't believe they had them back in the 50's - did they?/QUOTE]
They sure did throughout Europe and Latin America... it wasn't popularized in the US, however, until the advent of Starbucks.

Since I'm going out, what should I get you all for lunch?

drummerboy
09-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Can I take a raincheck? I'll be having lunch at Rotary today (yes, it has been around since long before 1955). By the way, does anybody know the origins of the word 'raincheck'?

I've got to get the little lady to do some ironing. We don't have sta-press yet and my shirt is horribly wrinkled. Hope she doesn't press her pearls into the shirt again. I've had to tell people those were extra buttons.

drummerboy
09-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Okay, I looked up 'rain check' on Wikipedia. The term is credited to Charles Ebbets of Ebbets Field and Dodgers fame, who would issue 'checks' to baseball fans when games were rained out. They could use the checks for entry to a later game.

Did that make your day? Do you feel like Frankie is channeling through me? Speaking of which, where has he been?

pogo
09-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Can I take a raincheck? I'll be having lunch at Rotary today (yes, it has been around since long before 1955). By the way, does anybody know the origins of the word 'raincheck'?

According to "Definitions of Rain Check on the Web:"
"The term might have originated in the era of open-air markets where the occurrence of significant rain usually required a vendor to pack up his goods and leave. "
Did that help ? :confused:

What does one do at a Rotary lunch..... sit and spin ? :D

offwego
09-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Did you see the 24 anniversary specail on cbc last night? Too funny.

[QUOTE=pogo;1408830]: YOUR OWN EXPENSE ?

People do this? Seriously? Nah...your pulling my leg again right?

Apparently there are several of us. I've been sewing since I was in grade school. I order my patterns online but finding fabric is a problem around here. The only craft/fabric store has closed down and we do have one fabric store in my neighborhood (the one I used to go to closed down but that's fine because the owners were downright nasty), but I haven't been to it yet. FYI -- no WalMart in NYC. It's an ongoing feud (which is fine with me).

I'm the oddball then..can't sew at all. Or knit or crochet.

See I leave town every time I get close to being dragged in to Rotary..Chambers bad enough thanks.

Nascfan
09-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Zooping in real quick while I wolf down some lunch. I'm sure I've missed tons, so :pixie: to any that need it. Everyone doing ok?

Hope everybody had a good Labor Day weekend.

disneydrmr
09-05-2007, 04:08 PM
I wish I could.... I think you'd be perfect ! Are you willing to relocate to Rochester at YOUR OWN EXPENSE ?

Is that plain enough for you ? :D

Yep! Plain as day! I would be willing to relocate to Rochester.... can you also find my DH a job though? With all the same benefits you are offering me! :D You know.. the one month paid vacation, the company paid medical/dental/eye insurance, the above average wages... :D

Does anyone know of a good pick-me-up besides a good :marg:? I'm really having a bad day today.

Sorry you are having a bad day... I like to hug my Stitch doll - that always gives me a quick pick me up! Do you want to borrow one?

Guess I'm just a bit late for your kind offer to get lunch... would you possibly be able to pick up some dinner for me? :D

pogo
09-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Yep! Plain as day! I would be willing to relocate to Rochester.... can you also find my DH a job though? With all the same benefits you are offering me! :D You know.. the one month paid vacation, the company paid medical/dental/eye insurance, the above average wages... :D Where do you come up with the benefits part ? I've interviewed all three people today and one.... might.... be worth a second interview.

Here's the deal, $12.50 per hour for the first three month's and if...... IF...... I keep you your pay will increase to $15.50 per hour.

One weeks vacation the first year, after six month of service. Two weeks after two years. Three weeks after five years, and four weeks after ten years.

Medical plan for you alone, family coverage available, you pay the difference. Complete family Dental, no vision. Other benefits available are Disability, Cancer, and Life.

After two years of service we pay 100 % tuition if it pertains to your job. We will not retrain you to leave.

You may NOT take off during the first six weeks unless there is a death in your family (yours) ( I just added this )

Hubby will have to find his own job..... but I have connections. What does he do ?

Guess I'm just a bit late for your kind offer to get lunch... would you possibly be able to pick up some dinner for me? :D

Somebody threatened meat loaf. :D

disneydrmr
09-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Where do you come up with the benefits part ? I've interviewed all three people today and one.... might.... be worth a second interview.

Here's the deal, $12.50 per hour for the first three month's and if...... IF...... I keep you your pay will increase to $15.50 per hour.

One weeks vacation the first year, after six month of service. Two weeks after two years. Three weeks after five years, and four weeks after ten years.

Medical plan for you alone, family coverage available, you pay the difference. Complete family Dental, no vision. Other benefits available are Disability, Cancer, and Life.

After two years of service we pay 100 % tuition if it pertains to your job. We will not retrain you to leave.

You may NOT take off during the first six weeks unless there is a death in your family (yours) ( I just added this )

Hubby will have to find his own job..... but I have connections. What does he do ?

Somebody threatened meat loaf. :D

Wow! If you offer all that to all your employees all I can say is your previous help was STUPID to walk away! Your starting pay is more than I'm making after almost 6 years on this job! And your package sounds wonderful too! If I lived in your area I would be pounding on your door for that job! Hubby is a truck driver.. not over the road though.. he does local so he's home every night. He really needs a better job also as his offers NO insurance, NO holiday pay, NO overtime pay (all straight pay - and this is where we are getting cheated BIG time as he ALWAYS puts in 50 or more hours each week), the trucks are ancient and always breaking down... yep.. he could sure use a new job also! I do wish you good luck on your search! I know you'll find someone that will be a perfect fit!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not meatloaf! :bolt:

If a wood chuck could chuck wood, how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if that wood chuck could chuck wood?

Christine
09-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Well, I got a "preliminary" job offer (they have to wait until the drug screening and criminal background check come back) but I don't know if it will work. I was extremely firm about when I could work (I have to coordinate with John's schedule "just so" or else I don't have care for Olivia).

The lady kept saying, "We could probably do that. And sometimes you may need to work around that."

I reiterated that I would NOT be able to work around those times, and if that wouldn't work with her, that is fine, I totally understand.

She said, "No, we'll make it work. But once in a while you may need to work some different days/hours."

What part of "NO" does she not get?

So I am waiting for her to call me next week with the "hard job offer"...but unless the pay is out of this world (which I doubt) and if she can't give me a set schedule, I don't think this is the one for me.

Do you think the commute to WDW would be too difficult for me from here? :D

Dsnygirl
09-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Well, I got a "preliminary" job offer (they have to wait until the drug screening and criminal background check come back) but I don't know if it will work. I was extremely firm about when I could work (I have to coordinate with John's schedule "just so" or else I don't have care for Olivia).

The lady kept saying, "We could probably do that. And sometimes you may need to work around that."

I reiterated that I would NOT be able to work around those times, and if that wouldn't work with her, that is fine, I totally understand.

She said, "No, we'll make it work. But once in a while you may need to work some different days/hours."

So I am waiting for her to call me next week with the "hard job offer"...but unless the pay is out of this world (which I doubt) and if she can't give me a set schedule, I don't think this is the one for me.

Congrats on the preliminary offer -- at least, if this doesn't work for you, you know you're wanted!! :D That ought to boost your confidence in all the other jobs you go after... One thing I've noticed -- it's funny how the side of the desk you're sitting on when scheduling comes up really changes the meaning of "we can work with this"!! I've had similar situations where I've very nicely stated what I could and could not work -- and the hiring manager agrees... and adds the same 'addendum' yours did!! It's certainly easy for the person who doesn't have to manage your schedule to find it easy to move your times around! Just jokingly tell her she'll have to watch Olivia if you move your hours for her... ;)

What's everyone having for dinner?? I'd like to say we're having something exciting, but DH and I are trying to lose a few, so salads are on the menu for us... our girls want spaghetti and are getting ice-cream cake for dessert!! (It'd be exciting if WE could eat some... :()

How's everyone's evening starting out?

Jasper
09-05-2007, 06:16 PM

I spent almost 15 years in Human Resources and can tell you that your instincts about this offer are exactly on the nose. Anytime the business says things like we can make it work and then in the next breath say that there may be times that you will have to do it anyway, you can be sure that there will be more times that you have to adjust to their schedule than you will want.

Since you are already uncertain about this I would walk away before you get into something that goes beyond what you want.

Christine
09-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I didn't think to tell her that she could babysit my child, Blythe! Pretty clever! ;)

Thanks Jasper! I appreciate your advice! I think you're right...I'm gonna keep on walking!

Guess what? Today the builder called about my house. They said that several of the homes under construction out there had been robbed. All my fixtures (lights, etc) were taken, as well as an A/C unit and a carpenter's air compressor!

So I am going out tonight to make sure that the NEW delivery of fixtures, etc. are indeed the ones I ordered.

I'll take some pictures...you won't believe how close we're getting!!! :woohoo:

disneydeb
09-05-2007, 08:34 PM
In that case.... I might as well make it worth getting in trouble for ! ( as I pull your pigtails. )

As long as it's Mom's meatloaf...... and NOT yours ! :D
You are SO in for it!:mad::D

Everyone loves my meatloaf! It is Mom's recipe, that I've improved! I added vegetables!:D

Morning all! How did everyone sleep last night? Everybody up and bright eyed and bushy tailed? I would offer you a cappachino but I don't believe they had them back in the 50's - did they?

Nat - congrats on 6k!
Christine - good luck on the interview today!
Ellen - glad that your step daughter is safe.

Um, can we please have something else? I made a delicsious Bacon Cheeseburger meatloaf on Monday and we had those left overs last night.. so I'm kinda wanting something besides meatloaf... though if you are having mashed taters with it I might let you twist my arm! :D

Smashed potatoes ALWAYS acccompany my meatloaf!:D

[QUOTE=ElenitaB;1408839]

I think you should wear your cape to school too once you have it made!

I was talking to the Kindergarten teachers - they may be Disney Princesses! I would be a part of their group for our Halloween festivities at school.

Beast_fanatic
09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Who am I to judge? I don't even notice when I miss a question!

Very good point. ;)

Morning all! How did everyone sleep last night?

Horribly. I got up with a migraine yesterday (that I'm still battling), and I got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night. So, between lack of sleep and the migraine, I stayed home today. I'm hoping that I sleep better tonight. Anyone got any carb free hot cocoa? It might help me sleep.

What, you've never heard of the implied interrogatory? When I mentioned "If you want to wonder where the time flies..." that gets everybody wondering "Where did the time fly?" Then there's a question. Implied. Not asked directly. [Think she's buying it?]

You know she's not. :nono:

I'm sorry..... but once again..... I don't think I could work for Christine....... I love her like a little sister, BUT ! :D

Now, I thought you were the one hiring. :confused:

Dsnygirl
09-06-2007, 02:20 AM
:mcoffee: Good morning all.... I'm back at work, and taking a break to :surf: a little. I'm tired tonight... my DD9 was in our room at 0445 this morning, and I didn't fall asleep well afterwards. Yawn....

Lynne, my night shift buddy, where are you???

Well, I hope you all have a great morning... I'll be asleep by the time you all read this (well, okay, some of you... ;)) so I guess I'll catch you guys tomorrow evening!!

disneydeb
09-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Carol is helping me with my decisions about fabric and such with my Fairy godmother costume! Isn't she a sweetie?!

I was in such a quandry in Wal-Mart in another town yesterday, that I ran out just about in tears. Then Carol came to my rescue!

She is such a dear person. Just one more reason you gotta love Intercot!
:mickey:
Everyone come to my house tonight for country ham and biscuit.
Rhonda, I hope your head is better..If not, Head-On helps me and my chiropractor showed me a pressure point in the back of my head that is alwys sore when I have a migraine. It is the larg bump at the base of your skull in back. Press your thumbs into it and hold for 1 minute , release and repeat. Your head will feel better.

pogo
09-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Good morning all..... another busy day. This morning I have two meetings and this afternoon I have three interviews before a 3:00 PM Tee time. Tomorrow I will be gone all day doing research and retraining. Actually I'll be fishing with an old friend trying to catch some Lake Ontario Small Mouth Bass. Anybody want to come along ?

Now, I thought you were the one hiring. :confused: I am Rhonda.... I am.

Carol is helping me with my decisions about fabric and such with my Fairy godmother costume! Isn't she a sweetie?!
Are we talking about Caroleh ? :faint:
Well of course she is ! :thumbsup:

I'm on my way.... and it better be good or I'm telling Mom. :D

Caroleh
09-06-2007, 08:21 AM

I was in such a quandry in Wal-Mart in another town yesterday, that I ran out just about in tears. Then Carol came to my rescue!

She is such a dear person. Just one more reason you gotta love Intercot!
:mickey:

Thank you, Deb. I'm always glad to help. I really want to encourage sewing, it's really becoming a dying art!! Ham and biscuits sounds really good!! What's time dinner? Should I bring the sewing machine?

This morning I have two meetings and this afternoon I have three interviews before a 3:00 PM Tee time. Tomorrow I will be gone all day doing research and retraining. Actually I'll be fishing with an old friend trying to catch some Lake Ontario Small Mouth Bass. Anybody want to come along ?

Good luck with your interview's...I want what your paying, it's better then what I'm getting!!! Thanks for the kind words, Buddy!!!

Mickey'sGirl
09-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Christine -- I would personally walk away from the iffiness of that offer -- but you need to make your own decisions. I am so sorry about the break in to your new house! People amaze me!

Cousin -- You need to up the vacation time to attract the best (speaking from experience)!:thumbsup: Good luck at the 19th hole!

Carol I didn't make it to Fabricland yesterday -- I went from one appointment to another from 11 am on -- and I didn't get home until 9! Dinner was a pre-made egg salad sandwich from the grocery store en route to an evening workshop! I'm beat! I gotta get out tonight though.... I have all that cheesecake to make for Saturday... and I still haven't got my shoes .... Nat can you help a girl out? I have a lunch meeting today, so I can't even pop out .... Size 9 plum or indigo -- 2 - 3 inch heel. Thanks!

pogo
09-06-2007, 10:51 AM
I am so sorry about the break in to your new house! People amaze me! Wow... me too, Christine. I'm sorry I read right over that. The same thing happened to a friend here in Rochester. The thieves took the copper plumbing, furnace, light fixtures, and appliance's the night before they were to move in. I think it is some kind of trend. Sorry ! :(

Cousin -- You need to up the vacation time to attract the best (speaking from experience)!
I don't want the best..... I want somebody that is wanting to be the best. Does that make sense ? :D

... and I still haven't got my shoes .... Nat can you help a girl out? I have a lunch meeting today, so I can't even pop out .... Size 9 plum or indigo -- 2 - 3 inch heel. Thanks!

Wow Cousin... you in a 3 inch heel would make you like 6' 10"s, wouldn't it ? :D

offwego
09-06-2007, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=pogo;1410007]Wow... me too, Christine. I'm sorry I read right over that. The same thing happened to a friend here in Rochester. The thieves took the copper plumbing, furnace, light fixtures, and appliance's the night before they were to move in. I think it is some kind of trend. Sorry ! :(

I don't want the best..... I want somebody that is wanting to be the best. Does that make sense ? /QUOTE]
I'm sorry to hear about that as well. I do hear this is a huge issue for many firms in many areas. Can you imagine? Where do they sell the stuff since in many cases they won't have boxes etc.

Pogo, I agree with Jenn re the vacation time and training stuff. At that rate of pay you should be getting some good employee's but to get the great ones (or more settled ones) the vacation and the training may be issues to review. (Perhaps a policy on lieu time?)

ElenitaB
09-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Just zooping in to say Hello! I'll be back later.

Where are the cookies?

Dsnygirl
09-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi guys... just zooping in quickly like Ellen to say hello... my girls just got home a little while ago, so I had to get up...:blush:... and I'm back to work tonight, so it's back on the homework and school train already!!

How's everyone's day going, and who turned up the furnace?? It's over 90 out there... :sun:... my girls walk to school now, as it's so close, and they came home saying they felt like french fries!! :whew: :D

alpro2
09-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Were is everyone?

Originally Posted by Nascfan
Zooping in real quick while I wolf down some lunch. I'm sure I've missed tons, so :pixie: to any that need it. Everyone doing ok?

:rotfl:
That is JQ in a nutshell....pixie dust and cookies! :D

pogo
09-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Where are the cookies? Gone !
It had to be Alex...... who else would eat them all ? :D

How's everyone's day going, and who turned up the furnace?? It's over 90 out there... :sun:... my girls walk to school now, as it's so close, and they came home saying they felt like french fries!! :whew: :D It is warm, isn't it. Cancelled the golf game this afternoon and I'm getting ready for the pool. Our pool temp is 78. :thumbsup:

offwego
09-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Gone !
It had to be Alex...... who else would eat them all ? :D
It is warm, isn't it. Cancelled the golf game this afternoon and I'm getting ready for the pool. Our pool temp is 78. :thumbsup:

You canceled a golf game? Are you allright? Do we need to send paramedics?

disneydeb
09-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Good morning all..... another busy day. This morning I have two meetings and this afternoon I have three interviews before a 3:00 PM Tee time. Tomorrow I will be gone all day doing research and retraining. Actually I'll be fishing with an old friend trying to catch some Lake Ontario Small Mouth Bass. Anybody want to come along ?

I am Rhonda.... I am.

I'm on my way.... and it better be good or I'm telling Mom. :D

My husband LOVES to fish. He is in a pro- bass fishing club. I can neve get enough Disney time because we leave home on Sunday when he gets in off a tourmnament and have to be back by Friday to catch another tournament.:(

Are you answering the age-old question " What's Pogo's name anyway?" But if YOU'RE Rhonda and Rhonda is Rhonda, who is Tom?
Caol is Caroleh--- at least we are sure about who she is.

It's all good! :D

Thank you, Deb. I'm always glad to help. I really want to encourage sewing, it's really becoming a dying art!! Ham and biscuits sounds really good!! What's time dinner? Should I bring the sewing machine?

!
Dinner is anytime you get here. I serve on a rotating basis. Hubby's not home yet, one daughter's here and hungry, another daughter should be here and isn't. I'll start serving in about 30 minutes. Could you bring your sewing machine with you? I NEED lessons!

alpro2
09-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Deb - did you forget your question again?

psyche - just kidding! :D (did you get nervous?)

Caroleh
09-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Dinner is anytime you get here. I serve on a rotating basis. Hubby's not home yet, one daughter's here and hungry, another daughter should be here and isn't. I'll start serving in about 30 minutes. Could you bring your sewing machine with you? I NEED lessons!

I can bring one of my machines...I only have 3 plus my serger. Do you think I have enough?

Christine, sorry to hear about what happen to your house. It makes me more aware what to watch out for with our townhouse.

Christine
09-06-2007, 06:40 PM
The same thing happened to a friend here in Rochester. The thieves took the copper plumbing...

Apparently the copper stuff is more like gold! They had several sites that had that stolen!

It's over 90 out there... :sun:... my girls walk to school now, as it's so close, and they came home saying they felt like french fries!! :whew: :D

Don't they mean FREEDOM FRIES?? :D :flag:

Were is everyone?

I "were" at the grocery store and picking up the dog at the groomers, but now I'm home! :D But not for long! It's off to drop Olivia at soccer practice, then John will pick her up b/c I have to go to a PTA meeting.

Ellen, I hope you're enjoying your school routine...mine stinks! :razz:

alpro2
09-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I "were" at the grocery store and picking up the dog at the groomers, but now I'm home! :D
I think we have another Hermione. What do you think Jenn? ;)

I can't help it if I have fast fingers. (notice I said fingers....I bet Pogo uses one finger at a time to type. :D )

alpro2
09-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by cantgetenuff
I "were" at the grocery store and picking up the dog at the groomers, but now I'm home!

A'hem....excuse me Ms. Granger, I mean, Ms. Christine, but did you read your reply in Mickey's Not So Scary Hallowe'en Party over in the 10th Anniv. section?

Well, let me quote:

Originally Posted by cantgetenuff
Angel, we're not doing hoppers either this trip either. Glad you asked this question b/c I needed to know too!
Christine, you didn't either read my post either before you either posted this either. :D

People in glass houses......

disneydeb
09-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Deb - did you forget your question again?

psyche - just kidding! :D (did you get nervous?)

I almost swallowed my tongue! You're mean! Are you Pogo's brother? :D

I can bring one of my machines...I only have 3 plus my serger. Do you think I have enough?
/QUOTE]
Yes, but how many can you keep going at one time?:D

[QUOTE=alpro2;1410714]A'hem....excuse me Ms. Granger, I mean, Ms. Christine, but did you read your reply in Mickey's Not So Scary Hallowe'en Party over in the 10th Anniv. section?

Well, let me quote:

Christine, you didn't either read my post either before you either posted this either. :D

....need curtains?:D

Christine
09-06-2007, 09:48 PM
A'hem....excuse me Ms. Granger, I mean, Ms. Christine, but did you read your reply in Mickey's Not So Scary Hallowe'en Party over in the 10th Anniv. section?

Well, let me quote:

:funny: :laughing: little al, have I told you how much I look forward to meeting you in October??? :fresh:

Caroleh
09-06-2007, 10:34 PM
...needs lots of window cleaner?

[quote=disneydeb;1410754Yes, but how many can you keep going at one time?:D
[/quote]

Maybe only one, but each one has it's own project on the go...don't ask how many projects I have on the go, I've lost track!!!

Deb, your questions are like those implied questions that Ken was talking about, right?

Beast_fanatic
09-07-2007, 12:02 AM
My headache is much better today, thanks for the tips Deb.

So, tomorrow's Friday, huh?

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 04:33 AM
So, tomorrow's Friday, huh?
Nope -- today is!! :D

Anyone awake??? Mikki?? Lynne?? ...anyone??

Well, once again, I'm only on when all of you are asleep... :( ... it's lonely out here!!

Tomorrow's supposed to be another scorcher -- I'm ready for fall!! I love fall... :fall: the leaves... apple picking... going to the pumpkin patch... Halloween... cool nights, bonfires, marshmallow cookouts, lighting yummy smelling candles... :blush:... love it!! But, I won't complain... it's supposed to cool down again by Sunday or Monday, so I'd better just enjoy it, considering where I live and what I'm headed into in the next 2-3 months!! :snowball:

Pogo -- sorry to hear you cancelled your golf game, but I don't blame you... the pool would have won for me, too. Dan had a charity event @ the Turning Stone w/ a couple guys at work (for the Ronald McDonald House :thumbsup:) and he was psyched... (and hot....) $175 round for free!! And free golf shoes, too -- although I haven't seen them yet, so we'll see if they pass the "are they hideous?" test... :D I shouldn't laugh, though... I need new ones, too.

Okay -- gotta run -- hope you're all sleeping like babies!! :cloud9:

dlpmikki
09-07-2007, 05:27 AM
I'm awake! I was already out of the house when you posted picking up a lovely box of cream cakes that Andrew won in a raffle. We are sharing them with our MacMillan Coffee morning and our Church open day tomorrow as well as keeping some for us. Yes, there were that many!

I am now officially happy. Want to know why? Well, I have a trip booked for next year as well as the October trip now! We are heading back to Orlando on 21st April and not coming home until the 16th May. Hurrah! Flights and accomodation all sorted :D

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 06:45 AM
I am now officially happy. Want to know why? Well, I have a trip booked for next year as well as the October trip now! We are heading back to Orlando on 21st April and not coming home until the 16th May. Hurrah! Flights and accomodation all sorted :D
Mmmm.... those cakes sound yummy.... care to bring some in October?? :D

I'm hoping to be as happy as you later this year... I'd love to book a trip for next December!! Hopefully after Dan & I get back in October, and he's missing Disney... :blush: Yeah for you -- that's AWESOME!! :thumbsup:

disneydeb
09-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Deb, your questions are like those implied questions that Ken was talking about, right?
Yeah, That's it.....:D And Thanks!

My headache is much better today, thanks for the tips Deb.

Your welcome. Glad I could offer some help.

Okay -- gotta run -- hope you're all sleeping like babies!! :cloud9:
I did , thank you! And so did my grandson!

I'm awake! I was already out of the house when you posted picking up a lovely box of cream cakes that Andrew won in a raffle. We are sharing them with our MacMillan Coffee morning and our Church open day tomorrow as well as keeping some for us. Yes, there were that many!

Congratulations on everything!

Does a question belong here?
:D

Have a great Friday everyone!:mickey:

alpro2
09-07-2007, 06:55 AM
have I told you how much I look forward to meeting you in October???
Awe, shucks...:blush:

I'm ready for fall!! I love fall... :fall: the leaves... apple picking... going to the pumpkin patch... Halloween... cool nights, bonfires, marshmallow cookouts, lighting yummy smelling candles...

Do you work for Hallmark? What about football? You forgot to say, "sitting on the recliner all weekend with a keg of :beer: watching football (while everybody else is raking leaves :D).

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Awe, shucks...:blush:

Do you work for Hallmark? What about football? You forgot to say, "sitting on the recliner all weekend with a keg of :beer: watching football (while everybody else is raking leaves :D).
Sorry... let me add "sitting in the stands at a Bills game, trying to drink as many :beer: as my DH and then falling asleep at his MIL's house afterwards while everyone else rakes leaves...." :D (Okay, maybe that was about 10 years ago, pre-kids, when I thought I had something to prove... :blush:)

Who's up???

Mickey'sGirl
09-07-2007, 08:29 AM
I think we have another Hermione. What do you think Jenn? I like to think of her as my HiT sister (Hermione in Training). :D

People in glass houses......Spend a lot on HVAC?

My headache is much better today, thanks for the tips Deb.I'm glad you are feeling better Rhonda! My head's been killing me at bedtime all week -- it must be the weather!

I am now officially happy. Want to know why? Well, I have a trip booked for next year as well as the October trip now!Congratulations to Mikki and Andrew! Does Figaro have to be put in cargo, or do they let him fly with you in the cabin? :confused:

I love autumn too -- although it is my worst allergy time of the year -- and Football is a meaningless sport to me :sleepin:-- but winter :hockey: is starting in a couple of weeks! :thumbsup:

offwego
09-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Sorry... let me add "sitting in the stands at a Bills game, trying to drink as many :beer: as my DH and then falling asleep at his MIL's house afterwards while everyone else rakes leaves...." :D (Okay, maybe that was about 10 years ago, pre-kids, when I thought I had something to prove... :blush:)

Who's up???
I have horrid memories of a bills game..and ice and cold and frozen..it was far too cold for Canadians there. How do you do it?

I love autumn too -- although it is my worst allergy time of the year -- and Football is a meaningless sport to me :sleepin:-- but winter :hockey: is starting in a couple of weeks! :thumbsup:
I don't mind Football..hockey doesn't work for me unless it's the Canadians...but I 100% agree on the weather. Yuck!

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Hello everyone.. did anyone miss me yesterday? Work has a way of getting in the way - doesn't it?

Shouldn't live next door to Alex and his pink golf balls...:D

Congrats on the cream cakes and on booking your trip for next year! Not sure which is more exciting though :D....

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 08:52 AM
I have horrid memories of a bills game..and ice and cold and frozen..it was far too cold for Canadians there. How do you do it?

I don't mind Football..hockey doesn't work for me unless it's the Canadians...but I 100% agree on the weather. Yuck!
I don't do the cold and ice and snow games... :freeze:... I tried once, and it was miserable. I even tried putting those little warmer things in my boots, but no dice -- I froze!! So now, I just do the nice fall games -- although to be honest, I haven't been to a game in a few years. Dan goes w/ a couple of friends, and the wives hang out and scrapbook or take the kids to an apple orchard, etc. I used to love to go, but that was back in the days of Jim Kelly, Thurman and Andre Reed. I really don't know the team now, at all.

As far as :hockey: - I enjoy it a lot- my DH is a
hockey player and a huge Sabres fan (can you tell he's from Buffalo?? :blush:) so we're all into it, although he's definitely more-so than us. Being a :soccer: player myself, I think hockey's just fast soccer on ice... DH doesn't agree... :D

Christine
09-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Well, I have a trip booked for next year as well as the October trip now! We are heading back to Orlando on 21st April and not coming home until the 16th May.
Fantastic! Now that will be one heckuva trip report! :geek:

You forgot to say, "sitting on the recliner all weekend with a keg of :beer: watching football (while everybody else is raking leaves :D).

I'm with Blythe! I LOVE the fall!! The only thing I'd say she omitted from her list is "the smell of chili cooking all day" (to later eat while watching football!)

Come on autumn!!

I like to think of her as my HiT sister (Hermione in Training). :D

I am definitely "in training" to say the least...I had to google who Hermione is!! :blush:
Well, I will try to get pictures up in a bit...the house is coming so fast, they think we can close Oct. 2! So much for my plan to "escape the move" by having it occur while I was in WDW :humph: Guess stealing those fixtures didn't buy me enough time! ;)

I will borrow one of Olivia's MANY questions to use as my own...

"Why do we have eyebrows?"

:rolleyes:

Mickey'sGirl
09-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Hello everyone.. did anyone miss me yesterday? Work has a way of getting in the way - doesn't it?.I missed you :hug: and I am glad to see you today :hi: .

IAs far as :hockey: - I enjoy it a lot- my DH is a
hockey player and a huge Sabres fan (can you tell he's from Buffalo?? :blush:) so we're all into it, although he's definitely more-so than us.I was pulling for Buffalo after the Buds were ousted last season ... Blythe, you just keep giving me more and more reasons to like you... even if you play soccer :sleepin:

hockey doesn't work for me unless it's the Canadians...Don't go there...... :nono:

Who brought the coffee???????????

Mickey'sGirl
09-07-2007, 09:05 AM
"Why do we have eyebrows?"

:rolleyes:
Harry used to call them eyeburns. :funny:

Why do we have eyebrows anyway?

Christine
09-07-2007, 09:08 AM
even if you play soccer :sleepin:

Hey now! :soccer: is a fantastic sport!

Speaking of which, can I brag for just a moment?

Yesterday at :soccer: practice, they split the team and played against each other...5 girls offense, 5 defense (Olivia plays defense).

No one could get past Olivia, so they put 6 on offense, 4 on defense. Again, nobody got near the goal.

Long story short, it soon became 8 on offense, 1 goalie, and Olivia in as sweeper, and NO ONE (including two attempted shots by Coach) got to the goal!

I cannot WAIT for Saturday's game!

Mickey'sGirl
09-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Long story short, it soon became 8 on offense, 1 goalie, and Olivia in as sweeper, and NO ONE (including two attempted shots by Coach) got to the goal!

You need to get that girl on skates. She might be able to help the US women's :hockey: in a few years! Isn't a sweeper a position in another sport too? It is familiar to me......

Christine
09-07-2007, 09:15 AM
You need to get that girl on skates. She might be able to help the US women's :hockey: in a few years!

Oh no...I've seen her on skates! :dizzy:

Isn't a sweeper a position in another sport too? It is familiar to me......

I don't know...are there other sports? ;)

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 09:17 AM
I was pulling for Buffalo after the Buds were ousted last season ...
:thumbsup: Is Harry a Pee Wee player? (Do you have the same kid's leagues as we do? Otherwise, that just sounds silly... :)) Dan coached Pee Wee hockey after we were first married in Michigan, and he LOVED it... he'll love talking hockey with him at one of the anniv. meets!! Gotta love puck heads... :D (and I meant that in the kindest way, of course...)

Blythe, you just keep giving me more and more reasons to like you... even if you play soccer :sleepin:
:fresh:

Okay... I'm dragging myself away and off to bed, otherwise I'll be a very cranky mom & wife when I get up this afternoon. (After beating on the alarm clock... :alarm:)

Have a GREAT day, everybody!!

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey now! :soccer: is a fantastic sport!

Speaking of which, can I brag for just a moment?

Yesterday at :soccer: practice, they split the team and played against each other...5 girls offense, 5 defense (Olivia plays defense).

No one could get past Olivia, so they put 6 on offense, 4 on defense. Again, nobody got near the goal.

Way to go, Olivia!! I played half back, and have the utmost respect for sweepers!! You go, girl!! :soccer: :team:

Uh oh... need a question...

Why am I still up???????

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Why do we have eyebrows anyway?

Why do we have eyebrows?

Eyebrows are a very significant aspect of our appearance. They are one of the most distinctive features that make up our faces, and we pay a lot of attention to them. We think of some types of eyebrows as attractive and some as unattractive, and many people spend as much time preening their eyebrows as they do applying makeup to their eyelashes or lips. Eyebrows are also one of our most expressive facial features. One of the clearest ways to tell somebody what you're thinking is to simply move your eyebrows up or down -- we all know what different eyebrow positions mean.
So, eyebrows obviously serve a lot of functions in our culture today -- beauty, nonverbal communication, distinctive appearance. But why are they there in the first place? As we evolved and lost most of the thick hair on our bodies, why did we keep that little bit over the eyes?

Scientists aren't entirely sure why we kept this hair, but they have a pretty good guess. We know that eyebrows help keep moisture out of our eyes when we sweat or walk around in the rain. The arch shape diverts the rain or sweat around to the sides of our face, keeping our eyes relatively dry. The most obvious advantage of this is that it lets us see clearly when we're sweating a lot or out in the rain. Without eyebrows, getting around in these conditions is a little more difficult. The shape of your brow itself diverts a certain amount of moisture, but eyebrows make a significant difference in your ability to see. Diverting the sweat away is also good because the salt in sweat irritates the eyes, making them sting a little.

There are a number of ways these qualities might have helped early man survive. Being able to see more clearly in the rain could certainly help you find shelter, and there are several circumstances when keeping the sweat out of your eyes could save your life. If you were trying to outrun a predator, for example, it's a good bet there would be a lot sweat running down your face. If all that sweat flowed right down into your eyes, you wouldn't be able to see that well, and your eyes would be irritated, which would certainly impair your ability to escape! Because of this slight survival advantage, nature would most likely select for humans with eyebrows over humans without eyebrows.

Did that answer your question? :D

Christine
09-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Here are a few photos of the new house with PAINT! (Once you go to webshots, the picture PRIOR to this one is Olivia after the first day of school...poor kid!)

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2424442270085605958ZWvSmR

Another Olivia question:

"What are the ingredients of flour?"

:shrug:

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 09:45 AM
"What are the ingredients of flour?"

:shrug:

Cake flour is made from a low protein ( 6 - 8%), fine-textured soft wheat so the flour contains a high amount of starch and less gluten resulting in lighter, less dense textures or a more "tender, fine crumb" for various cake and pastry items.

Aren't you glad that I'm around to help? :D

Your home is really shaping up! Looking beautiful! And Olivia is really such a cutie!

Caroleh
09-07-2007, 09:59 AM
I was up, Blythe, but I couldn't think of a question!! I woke up about 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep until the DH sent me back to bed at 5:30 when he got up.

Christine, that's great with Olivia...you'll have to let us know how she does in her game!!!

Diane, you're full of information today. Is this experience from answering kids questions?

Where are all the men today?

ElenitaB
09-07-2007, 11:04 AM
OMG, I'm so tired this morning! And why oh why did I allow myself to be scheduled for a 9:00 conference call this morning? 9:00 a.m. on a Friday! ACK! I must have been possessed by someone who thought that they could actually be productive on the second day of school!

Who has the coffee? I need some desperately (there was no parking near Starbucks this morning... and if I had stopped, I would have been even later to the meeting I forgot I accepted :crazy: ).

I missed you :hug: and I am glad to see you today :hi: .
I was pulling for Buffalo after the Buds were ousted last season ...
Why would they oust the beer? :beer: :confused:

Isn't a sweeper a position in another sport too? It is familiar to me......
Quidditch?

Christine, the house is moving right along! Looks great! And way to go, Olivia! :cheer:

Di, did you write the eyebrow thing? Or are you just a good googler? Whichever it is, I was impressed! :thumbsup:

offwego
09-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Who has the coffee? I need some desperately (there was no parking near Starbucks this morning... and if I had stopped, I would have been even later to the meeting I forgot I accepted :crazy: ).

Why would they oust the beer? :beer: :confused:

The buds are some kinda hockey team somewhere near Jenn...very dismal record re the whole staney cup thing. In fact they haven't won in my entire life. Often refered to as Maple Laughs as well. (mind you their payroll and attendance don't reflect this so go know!)

Did you get your coffee? I have some but it's not very good I'm afraid. Does anyone have good weekend plans?

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Diane, you're full of information today. Is this experience from answering kids questions?

Di, did you write the eyebrow thing? Or are you just a good googler? Whichever it is, I was impressed! :thumbsup:

I'm full of information everyday! Or at least every day that I have a computer at my fingertips! :secret:

The men are missing - aren't they? Is there a golf seminar in town?

Did you get your coffee? I have some but it's not very good I'm afraid. Does anyone have good weekend plans?

Let's see - get up at 5am tomorrow... try to work out (ha ha) clean up, be at my church at 8am to help fix breakfast for the monthly Men's Prayer Breakfast, then head down to the Community Pregnancy Center for a 'Work Day" we will be painting trim, cleaning and organizing, hanging shelves, etc. Sunday is Church. On top of this I have :cart::laundry::dishes::mop: to do.... :whew: anyone wanna lend a hand?

Mickey'sGirl
09-07-2007, 01:03 PM
The buds are some kinda hockey team somewhere near Jenn...very dismal record re the whole staney cup thing. In fact they haven't won in my entire life. Often refered to as Maple Laughs as well. (mind you their payroll and attendance don't reflect this so go know!)Sad but true. :sad: The Maple Leafs aka the Buds or the Loafs or the Laughs continue to sell out game after game after game -- we love our Hockey in Toronto.

On top of this I have :cart::laundry::dishes::mop: to do.... :whew: anyone wanna lend a hand? ahhhhh NO.

I have to go home and bake cheesecake for 150 after work today --- then tomorrow, we are all going to the wedding of our dear friends' (and Euan's Godparents) daughter. We will be all fancy like and everything! Anyone want to come as the date of a couple of young folks?

Caroleh
09-07-2007, 01:11 PM
I have a busy weekend also. I have to work on Saturday and it looks like I'm handsewing beads to a jacket for my seminar. Anyone want to sew for me?

Mickey'sGirl
09-07-2007, 01:17 PM
I have a busy weekend also. I have to work on Saturday and it looks like I'm handsewing beads to a jacket for my seminar. Anyone want to sew for me?
Weren't you going to finish sewing our MNSSHP costumes too??????

drummerboy
09-07-2007, 02:12 PM
I will borrow one of Olivia's MANY questions to use as my own...
NOT FAIR! That gives you a limitless supply. Can we all borrow some?

Isn't a sweeper a position in another sport too?
Curling?

Aren't you glad that I'm around to help? :D

You are such a protoge for Frankie. Keep up the good work. Should we start our own JQipedia?

Caroleh
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Weren't you going to finish sewing our MNSSHP costumes too??????

Oh, no..I forgot!!! Not enough time...I'm late, I'm late...

Can I ask questions my DD used to ask?

Mickey'sGirl
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Curling?Ahhh that was it. Thanks Ken!

I was thinking, could crop circles be the work of a cereal killer?:D

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I have to go home and bake cheesecake for 150 after work today --- then tomorrow, we are all going to the wedding of our dear friends' (and Euan's Godparents) daughter. We will be all fancy like and everything! Anyone want to come as the date of a couple of young folks?

Wow! How many cheesecakes does that mean you have to bake? Or are you baking one cheesecake per person? If so, do you need to borrow some NoDoze?

Do you need to have all the stitches straight and even?

NOT FAIR!
You are such a protoge for Frankie. Keep up the good work. Should we start our own JQipedia?

I thought Drummerboys Discount Inc had a line of it's own encyclopedias?

Oh, no..I forgot!!! Not enough time...I'm late, I'm late...

Can I ask questions my DD used to ask?

Hmmmm.. I have no children... so can I ask questions that my doggies would ask if they could speak?

:shake:

Mickey'sGirl
09-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Wow! How many cheesecakes does that mean you have to bake? Or are you baking one cheesecake per person? If so, do you need to borrow some NoDoze?I am going to make 150-160 mini-cheesecakes. I am going to have Brian use some Royal Icing to stick a Sweet Tart (you know those candies with the love messages like "Hug me" or "I LUV U" on them?) to the outside of the decorative gold muffin liners I got to put the finished products in. Fresh Blueberries and mint will adorn the top -- and we're good to go. Want me to send you one?

Hmmmm.. I have no children... so can I ask questions that my doggies would ask if they could speak?Yes. My boo-boo growing up used to ask to go outside -- we swear she said "maaa maaa!"

Caroleh
09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Do you need to have all the stitches straight and even?

:haha: The only way I can do a straight line it to draw it first, when I'm handsewing!!! The machine does a good job for me otherwise.

I'm starting to think we might need to send a search party out on the golf course to find Alex and Pogo and their pink golf ball. Anyone ready to go hunt for them?

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I am going to make 150-160 mini-cheesecakes. I am going to have Brian use some Royal Icing to stick a Sweet Tart (you know those candies with the love messages like "Hug me" or "I LUV U" on them?) to the outside of the decorative gold muffin liners I got to put the finished products in. Fresh Blueberries and mint will adorn the top -- and we're good to go. Want me to send you one?
Yes. My boo-boo growing up used to ask to go outside -- we swear she said "maaa maaa!"

YES!!!! Please do send me one (or two or three) :tasty: They sound yummy! Hope you have a great time at the wedding!

My doggies ask to go outside also.. they stand at the door and stare at us. They also ask where their 'daddy' is if I beat him home.. they will sit staring at the door and look from the door to me to the door to me etc... and they ask for their 'treats' all the time... they are just so cute!

:haha: The only way I can do a straight line it to draw it first, when I'm handsewing!!! The machine does a good job for me otherwise.

I'm starting to think we might need to send a search party out on the golf course to find Alex and Pogo and their pink golf ball. Anyone ready to go hunt for them?

Well, if you give me a quick lesson on a machine I could probably help you out. My only experience in sewing was as a young girl - had that 'fashion toy' (can't think of what it was called) where you put a plate over another plate then threaded some string thru it and it 'created' an outline of an outfit...

I think you are right about the search party.. think we should just follow the trail of pink golf balls? Or should we spread out and do a 50 mile radius search of all the golf courses in the world? I volunteer to search the ones in Scotland/England/Hawaii/Ireland.... :D

Caroleh
09-07-2007, 03:59 PM
I think you are right about the search party.. think we should just follow the trail of pink golf balls? Or should we spread out and do a 50 mile radius search of all the golf courses in the world? I volunteer to search the ones in Scotland/England/Hawaii/Ireland.... :D

I think Jenn and I could cover Canada...lots of golf courses here. Do you think we should avoid the Rochester area, nobody will be golfing there? Or wait maybe we should search Lake Ontario? I recall someone saying something about fishing. What was his name again?

offwego
09-07-2007, 04:02 PM
How does one share a golf ball exactly?

[QUOTE=disneydrmr;1411598]

I think you are right about the search party.. think we should just follow the trail of pink golf balls? Or should we spread out and do a 50 mile radius search of all the golf courses in the world? I volunteer to search the ones in Scotland/England/Hawaii/Ireland.... :D They are not breadcrumbs you know..also how are you going to group those together? I see the whole Scotland/Ireland/England thing but you do know Hawaii is not exactly near them right? I mean Stich hasn't moved the Island has he?

Caroleh
09-07-2007, 04:05 PM

Can you tell I don't golf? I could play with a soccer ball and still miss it!!!

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 04:15 PM
I think Jenn and I could cover Canada...lots of golf courses here. Do you think we should avoid the Rochester area, nobody will be golfing there? Or wait maybe we should search Lake Ontario? I recall someone saying something about fishing. What was his name again?

Um, are you sure he wasn't just SAYING something fishy? :D

They are not breadcrumbs you know..also how are you going to group those together? I see the whole Scotland/Ireland/England thing but you do know Hawaii is not exactly near them right? I mean Stich hasn't moved the Island has he?

Hmmm.. you're right... I guess I"ll need a few weeks off work then to cover these..seeing as how there will be extra travel time and all.. Stitch did talk about moving the island - but couldn't get the proper permits to do it. HEY!!! Why don't we just call out Dog the Bounty hunter and his posse - THEY can find Pogo and Alex I'm sure!

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Why do we have eyebrows?

Eyebrows are a very significant aspect of our appearance. They are one of the most distinctive features that make up our faces, and we pay a lot of attention to them....
Did that answer your question?
Wow.... what do you eat for breakfast??

Here are a few photos of the new house with PAINT! (Once you go to webshots, the picture PRIOR to this one is Olivia after the first day of school...poor kid!)

Your house looks great!! I love the kitchen cabinets... I'm on a white kitchen cabinet kick lately. Can't wait to see it all done!!
Poor Olivia... she looks wiped out. Is she doing better now that school's in full swing??

--then tomorrow, we are all going to the wedding of our dear friends' (and Euan's Godparents) daughter. We will be all fancy like and everything!
You're going to post pictures, right??

:funny:

A golf game called Captain & Crew, where the four people playing use their own ball, but also use whoever's shot is the best to get down the fairway and into the hole. Ever played?

How's everyone doing today? I slept better today, but I'm having trouble getting the "get-up-and-go" to kick-in to go get some stuff done.

What's on for the weekend? Tonight, we're just hanging out and maybe doing a movie night w/ the girls... tomorrow is ballet for them & the gym for us in the am, then off to a fall festival at a local lake/park. Then Sunday, Dan's off to a Bill's game w/ a friend and his wife and I are "playing" for the day at her house -- she has 3 girls who are close friends w/ our two -- can you say madness & mayhem?? But, at least it will be at her house - it was my house last time, and we still haven't recovered.... :D

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Wow.... what do you eat for breakfast??

What's on for the weekend? Tonight, we're just hanging out and maybe doing a movie night w/ the girls... tomorrow is ballet for them & the gym for us in the am, then off to a fall festival at a local lake/park. Then Sunday, Dan's off to a Bill's game w/ a friend and his wife and I are "playing" for the day at her house -- she has 3 girls who are close friends w/ our two -- can you say madness & mayhem?? But, at least it will be at her house - it was my house last time, and we still haven't recovered.... :D

Usually I don't eat breakfast, but this morning I had a package of Disney Apple Slices (the red sweet ones).. think I should eat them more often?

Sounds like you have a busy and fun weekend plan! Have a great time with all you are doing! I think I already touched on my busy weekend several posts back... nothing really fun planned - wanna switch places?

offwego
09-07-2007, 04:44 PM
So Di do you like rootbeer?

Can I ask questions my DD used to ask? Are we there yet?

I was thinking, could crop circles be the work of a cereal killer?:D Oy vey again. Oatstanding effort!

Can you tell I don't golf? I could play with a soccer ball and still miss it!!! the club might not work so well on the soccer ball and the graphite ones would snap for sure!

Hmmm.. you're right... I guess I"ll need a few weeks off work then to cover these..seeing as how there will be extra travel time and all.. Stitch did talk about moving the island - but couldn't get the proper permits to do it. HEY!!! Why don't we just call out Dog the Bounty hunter and his posse - THEY can find Pogo and Alex I'm sure! Now that would be funny....better not mess with Baby Lisa boys!

A golf game called Captain & Crew, where the four people playing use their own ball, but also use whoever's shot is the best to get down the fairway and into the hole. Ever played?
Like best ball here I think...but you also have to use at least each person's drive once and normally a fairway shot or something as well. Is that what you are thinking of?

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Oy vey again. Oatstanding effort!
:rolleyes: :laughing:

Like best ball here I think...but you also have to use at least each person's drive once and normally a fairway shot or something as well. Is that what you are thinking of?
Sounds right.... doesn't sound like a ton of fun to me, but I guess it's popular at events & the like.

What's for dinner?

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 04:50 PM
So Di do you like rootbeer?

Now that would be funny....better not mess with Baby Lisa boys!

Yes, as a matter of fact I have a case of A&W Diet Root Beer in my fridge at home!

Not just Baby Lyssa, but Beth as well! :eek::hide: Hmmm... maybe you and I should go with them on the hunt... make sure they get the right people... I'll ride with Leland in the front seat.. do you wanna ride in the back?

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 04:51 PM
:
What's for dinner?

I don't know.. what are you making?

I'm either gonna make salmon patties, or we are going out to Bob Evans to eat... which should I choose? ;)

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
I don't know.. what are you making?

I'm either gonna make salmon patties, or we are going out to Bob Evans to eat... which should I choose? ;)
I'd choose going out - definitely!!
Our dinner will be quite boring, although it sounds good to me -- coneys & hot dogs, beans, salad & ice-cream cake for dessert. Anyone want me to throw a dog or a coney on the grill for them?

offwego
09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Dh is cooking so I'm sure it will be good...and it's popular for tournies cause it goes much faster (no trying to get out of ugly shots unless the whole foursome ends up in the rough)..takes about a 1/3 less time at least.

[QUOTE=disneydrmr;1411674]Not just Baby Lyssa, but Beth as well! :eek::hide: Hmmm... maybe you and I should go with them on the hunt... make sure they get the right people... I'll ride with Leland in the front seat.. do you wanna ride in the back? You want stitch and Leland? Shouldn't you have to choose at some point?

I'm either gonna make salmon patties, or we are going out to Bob Evans to eat... which should I choose? ;) What does bob evans serve anyway?

offwego
09-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I'd choose going out - definitely!!
Our dinner will be quite boring, although it sounds good to me -- coneys & hot dogs, beans, salad & ice-cream cake for dessert. Anyone want me to throw a dog or a coney on the grill for them?

What is the difference between a coney and a dog?

disneydrmr
09-07-2007, 04:58 PM
You want stitch and Leland? Shouldn't you have to choose at some point?

What does bob evans serve anyway?

Why choose? Can't I have both? ;) They both do live in Hawaii you know - so it would be quite easy! :D

Bob Evans serves down home country cooking! YUM! It's a very popular chain around these parts!

offwego
09-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Why choose? Can't I have both? ;) They both do live in Hawaii you know - so it would be quite easy! :D

Bob Evans serves down home country cooking! YUM! It's a very popular chain around these parts!

What is down home country cooking? does it involve spaghetti again? Theres one near the airport in detroit and I was thinking of going there for lunch prior to our flight...Can you get a little bit more specific? Is it breakfast stuff? Sandwhiches? Meatloaf?

Caroleh
09-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Anything sounds better then what we're doing...Mac and Donna's Supper Club(better known as McDonald's). The Dh usually cooks and he doesn't like cooking on Friday and Saturday nights, so we do fast food. I think tomorrow night I'll convince him it needs to be Popeye's or to take me out to eat.

To use one of my DD's questions--Why?

Christine
09-07-2007, 05:08 PM

She's still got it, ladies and gentlemen!

Your house looks great!! I love the kitchen cabinets... I'm on a white kitchen cabinet kick lately. Can't wait to see it all done!!
Poor Olivia... she looks wiped out. Is she doing better now that school's in full swing??

his wife and I are "playing" for the day at her house -- she has 3 girls who are close friends w/ our two -- can you say madness & mayhem?? But, at least it will be at her house - it was my house last time, and we still haven't recovered.... :D

She still takes naps every afternoon! She's a big sleeper though...

Good luck this weekend! I remember what a shambles they made of your house when you hosted...

Well, the builder and the banker (and the candlestick maker :D ) arranged for us to close on October 2!!! So when I see you that are going to WDW in October, I should be in DIRE need of a vacation after all that moving! Be sure and have the :marg: and :beer: ready, okay?

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 05:13 PM
What is the difference between a coney and a dog?
Hmmm.... I had to look that one up!! The coneys popular around here are Hoffmann's, so from their website - "Ingredients: Pork, Water, Veal, Egg Whites, Nonfat Dry milk, Dextrose, Salt, Flavorings"
Doesn't sound very yummy, but they've got a bite to them, and are SO good!! They're known as "white hots" other places. Want to try one??

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Well, the builder and the banker (and the candlestick maker :D ) arranged for us to close on October 2!!! So when I see you that are going to WDW in October, I should be in DIRE need of a vacation after all that moving! Be sure and have the :marg: and :beer: ready, okay?
Absolutely!! Where shall we go for them??

offwego
09-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Ya know I should get to know a candlestick maker that would be funny. I'm glad the house is going so well though. It looks fantastic!!

Hmmm.... I had to look that one up!! The coneys popular around here are Hoffmann's, so from their website - "Ingredients: Pork, Water, Veal, Egg Whites, Nonfat Dry milk, Dextrose, Salt, Flavorings"
Doesn't sound very yummy, but they've got a bite to them, and are SO good!! They're known as "white hots" other places. Want to try one??
one of these :marg: or the hot dog thing? I'll pass on the hot dog coney thing...I thought they had chili on them or something.

Christine
09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Absolutely!! Where shall we go for them??

Epcot seems like a good answer! How 'bout that?

Ya know I should get to know a candlestick maker that would be funny. I'm glad the house is going so well though. It looks fantastic!!

Thanks! You know what? Whenever I think of bankers, I think of the song from Mary Poppins (with the Dad and the "old man" played by Dick Van Dyke!):

:sing:
All from tuppence, prudently
Fruitfully, frugally invested
In the, to be specific,
In the Dawes, Tomes
Mousely, Grubbs
Fidelity Fiduciary Bank!

drummerboy
09-07-2007, 05:54 PM

Oatstanding effort!
Wheat are you all talking about?:thedolls:

"Captain and Crew" is called "Captain's Choice" around here.

ElenitaB
09-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Christine, good news on getting a closing date! The house is looking great.

What's for dinner?
The other day I allowed DS to order McD's new burger (he wanted it with Swiss cheese but no mushrooms). He really liked it so tonight (being that it's a Friday and Friday nights are "make what's easy to cook nights" in my house), we're having turkey burgers and he can put Swiss cheese on it. We'll have salad and oven-baked fries with them. I like making lower-cal versions of his fast food favorites for him. Is that strange?

Uh, not so much! The only "coneys" I'll eat are from Nathan's — the original Coney Island hot dog. The only hot dogs that make it into our house (besides those nasty NutriSystem ones :ack: ) are Hebrew National. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. :old:

DS wants to have a Doctor Who viewing party tomorrow with some of his friends from school. Anyone want to come?

Nascfan
09-07-2007, 08:01 PM

You mean like Scrambles? At least that's what it's called here.

pjbs35a
09-07-2007, 08:51 PM

Do I smell Root :beer: ???

disneydeb
09-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Just zooping in to say, I'll be back when life is less hectic. DD's question, "Can I have some money?"

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 08:57 PM
one of these :marg: or the hot dog thing? I'll pass on the hot dog coney thing...I thought they had chili on them or something.
I'll make you a :marg: -- no problem!! As far as the chili, what a good idea.... :cloud9:

Epcot seems like a good answer! How 'bout that?

You got it... shall we do :marg: in Mexico, or :beer: in Germany?

Uh, not so much! The only "coneys" I'll eat are from Nathan's — the original Coney Island hot dog. The only hot dogs that make it into our house (besides those nasty NutriSystem ones :ack: ) are Hebrew National. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. :old:

DS wants to have a Doctor Who viewing party tomorrow with some of his friends from school. Anyone want to come?
Mmmmm... Nathan's... haven't had one of those in YEARS!! That sounds SO good... but I believe you've got to be in NYC for them to taste just right...
Can I come to the Doctor Who party? I love him... no one else in my family watches him yet, so I'm all alone... :cry:

alpro2
09-07-2007, 09:05 PM

The men are missing - aren't they? Is there a golf seminar in town?

Why don't we just call out Dog the Bounty hunter and his posse - THEY can find Pogo and Alex I'm sure!
I'm here, so keep your shirts on (well, on second thought.... ;) :D)

Took DS1 driving today for the first time. He will be 16 in March, so I think it is in my best interest to let him practice. Do our elder memebers care to share their experiences (yes, that means YOU Ken and Pogo :D)?

Caroleh
09-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Can I come to the Doctor Who party? I love him... no one else in my family watches him yet, so I'm all alone... :cry:

I've gotten hooked on THE Doctor because of the DH. What time is the viewing?

Took DS1 driving today for the first time. He will be 16 in March, so I think it is in my best interest to let him practice. Do our elder memebers care to share their experiences (yes, that means YOU Ken and Pogo :D)?

So Alex, how many grey hairs did you add to your head today? You know from now on they are going to be popping out all over the place.:secret:

Dsnygirl
09-07-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm here, so keep your shirts on (well, on second thought.... ;) :D)

To quote other JQ'ers... Ohhh, be-have!! :)

So - now that you and your DS16 are going out driving, will you be gray by the time we meet in October? ;)

Caroleh
09-07-2007, 09:23 PM
So - now that you and your DS16 are going out driving, will you be gray by the time we meet in October? ;)

Okay Blythe, are we thinking the same way now? :blush:

Christine
09-07-2007, 11:23 PM
You got it... shall we do :marg: in Mexico, or :beer: in Germany?

YES! :yes:

I don't know if Ken and Pogo will share their experiences, but I'm sure Ken will offer legal representation if he gets in a fender bender, and Pogo will be happy to cover his insurance (and add to you LIFE insurance!) ;)

DD's question tonight: "Would you die if you ate a cricket?"

Hand to God, the child really asked me that! :confused:

Beast_fanatic
09-08-2007, 12:54 AM

Perhaps that goes along with the whole theory about crickets being good luck, and you shouldn't kill one. That's my theory behind the question. My neighbor's cat ate one while I was over taking care of her one day and she didn't die, so I think the answer is no.

I did not sleep well at all last night, so I have no idea why I'm still up tonight. Last night, I think it was the "too excited to sleep" syndrome since Debbie at MJ was able to save us some money on the October trip, so it was fresh on my mind. :thumbsup: Today, I've been trying to plan our last few ADRs since we are now on the dining plan, staying 10 nights, and I only had 6 table service meals scheduled. Any suggestions?

dlpmikki
09-08-2007, 01:54 AM
Congratulations to Mikki and Andrew! Does Figaro have to be put in cargo, or do they let him fly with you in the cabin? :confused:

Figaro does not believe in travelling Cargo. He always goes in the hand luggage on on Premium Economy seats gets out and sits between us :blush:

Congrats on the cream cakes and on booking your trip for next year! Not sure which is more exciting though :D....
I think I know which is more exciting - lol

Fantastic! Now that will be one heckuva trip report!

the house is coming so fast, they think we can close Oct. 2! So much for my plan to "escape the move" by having it occur while I was in WDW

Figaro might go on strike and decide not to do a report. What do you think? ;)

Congrats on the house completion date - I'll be thinking of you that day as I sit on the verandah at AKL! I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it when I see you a couple of weeks later! :D

Yes please! :party:

I did not sleep well at all last night, so I have no idea why I'm still up tonight. Last night, I think it was the "too excited to sleep" syndrome since Debbie at MJ was able to save us some money on the October trip, so it was fresh on my mind. :thumbsup: Today, I've been trying to plan our last few ADRs since we are now on the dining plan, staying 10 nights, and I only had 6 table service meals scheduled. Any suggestions?
Sorry about the lack of sleep! Um, as far as ADRs go at this stage of the game I think I would suggest anywhere you can get into! Le Cellier, Yachtsman steakhouse, Victoria and Alberts, Artist Point, Jiko.......

pogo
09-08-2007, 09:59 AM
A groggy good morning to you all........ I'm very tired from getting up yesterday at 4:00 AM and fishing all day in the 95 degree temps we had yesterday. We had a GREAT day of fishing in spite of all the heat.

Deb.... tell your DH that we caught about an 18 lb. bag on Rats, Spinnerbaits, Jig & Pig and flipping tubes. He'll know exactly what I meant.

I logged on last night and read all the slams..... er comments..... that you guys were throwing around and I was laughing out loud. Poor Patti looked at me like I was crazy. I read her some of the comments and she laughed so hard she was snorting.... just like Cousin does. :thumbsup: And no, Diane... you don't have to send out a search party for me..... I'm here typing with my one finger, Alex.

We are relaxing today with a little yard work and if the weather permits, we'll throw a couple of steaks on the grill. Anybody hungry ?

Christine.... the house looks great and I know you are excited about moving in.

Mikki...... after reading about your trip booked for next April, we are in danger of meeting. :faint: The 20th of April is our anniversary and we try to go to WDW during that time. If we go we will be there from April 17th untill the 24th.

I'll zoop in a couple of times over the weekend..... have a great time and remember, Love is a wonderfull gift.... share it with someone today. :D

Mickey'sGirl
09-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Do our elder memebers care to share their experiences (yes, that means YOU Ken and Pogo :D)?I am among the younger members -- but I am also the youngest of 4 children. By the time it came for me to drive, my Dad refused to teach me -- my older siblings did him in! I had to pay for lessons!
You got it... shall we do :marg: in Mexico, or :beer: in Germany? Yes. I will meet you there.:D

Not if you are a Gecko .... we always have crickets in the house, as they are the mainstay for Harry's :lizard: Magnet ... them and silkworms. Would you die if you ate a silkworm?

Today, I've been trying to plan our last few ADRs since we are now on the dining plan, staying 10 nights, and I only had 6 table service meals scheduled. Any suggestions?I really really LOVE the Kona for dinner. WE also really really LOVE Marrakesh. What's your favourite?

Poor Patti looked at me like I was crazy. I read her some of the comments and she laughed so hard she was snorting.... just like Cousin does. :thumbsup:Hey -- You sharing family secrets Cousin??? I am proud to say that I am one in a long line of accomplished snorters! :bow:

I finished the 150 cheesecakes by 10:30 last night -- but couldn't get to sleep until after 3 because I was worrying about transporting them.... DH helped me to change the wrappers and put the blueberries on top this morning..... I'm pleased with our effort! Have a great day everyone!

disneydeb
09-08-2007, 11:40 AM
A groggy good morning to you all........ I'm very tired from getting up yesterday at 4:00 AM and fishing all day in the 95 degree temps we had yesterday. We had a GREAT day of fishing in spite of all the heat.

Deb.... tell your DH that we caught about an 18 lb. bag on Rats, Spinnerbaits, Jig & Pig and flipping tubes. He'll know exactly what I meant.

... have a great time and remember, Love is a wonderfull gift.... share it with someone today. :D

I'm so indoctrinated into fishing that I even know what you mean. Scary isn't it?
Today is my wonderful husband's birthday! We are having some of his favorites for supper: ribs, potato salad and corn on the cob.
Got to get cookin'!:D

Are you getting philosophical on us? I thought that job was reserved for Frankie, but I must thank you for the moment of sentimental thought. It was a nice one.:thumbsup:

Carol, I'm going out of town this afternoon to get the material you suggested. Again, my Halloween outfit would not have been possible without your help! Thank you!

Tink&Goofy
09-08-2007, 12:55 PM
You guys are having WAY to much fun....can I join?:)

We are relaxing today with a little yard work and if the weather permits, we'll throw a couple of steaks on the grill. Anybody hungry ?

So.....IF you actually caught fish, why is there steak on the grill and not fish??:D

Christine
09-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Well, I'm guessing you all already know the outcome of today's soccer game...

What? You mean you couldn't hear me cheering from where you are??? :D

They were never scored on (thanks largely in part to Olivia on defense!! :cheer:) and I truly lost count of our goals scored after 12.

What a way to kick off the season! :soccer:

I'm off to make a fruit bowl for our team party this afternoon. Have a great day!

ElenitaB
09-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Go, Olivia and Team! :cheer: (Lynne's boys must have been in some athletic event this week/weekend so we're cheering them on to. Speaking of which, where is LYNNE? Did Capt Jack take her away on the Black Pearl?)

Happy birthday to Deb's DH! :party:

Mmmmm... Nathan's... haven't had one of those in YEARS!! That sounds SO good... but I believe you've got to be in NYC for them to taste just right...
Can I come to the Doctor Who party? I love him... no one else in my family watches him yet, so I'm all alone...
Considering we live around 20 minutes from the original Nathan's (and the summer crowds are now gone), you're welcome to come and visit on both accounts! And bring Carol and Mikki too! Maybe someone could send along a nice grilled steak or some ribs?

Took DS1 driving today for the first time. He will be 16 in March, so I think it is in my best interest to let him practice.
:eek: Be afraid... be very afraid! :eek: I still remember the first time my dad took me out driving. :secret: If you happen to be driving through an area with puddles, you might consider closing your window.

I finished the 150 cheesecakes by 10:30 last night -- but couldn't get to sleep until after 3 because I was worrying about transporting them.... DH helped me to change the wrappers and put the blueberries on top this morning..... I'm pleased with our effort! Have a great day everyone!
She tells jokes, she throws family parties, and she bakes mass quantities of cheesecake. Our Galatic Warrior has done it again! :notworth:

Welcome to JQ! You may join us but you must bring cookies (and maybe coffee too)! Do you know what biscotti are? And do you like root beer?

Nascfan
09-08-2007, 02:50 PM

You ate 150 cheesecakes? Oh wait, made, never mind. ;)

Hi Tink! Join in the fun! We always seem to have something to eat around here.

Way to go Olivia and team! You must be proud Christine!

Christine
09-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Way to go Olivia and team! You must be proud Christine!

I am...and I am not trying to brag...it's just that she gets so down sometimes. Being defense is an "unsung hero" in this league. She never gets to SCORE and doesn't understand that keeping the OTHER team from scoring is just as much of an accomplishment.

Today, some of the other girls (who scored goals) were giving her a hard time and teasing her b/c she didn't score a goal like they did. It's hard not to :angry: at them that "yeah, you guys together scored 12 goals, but Olivia stopped 30 which is what won the game!"

I shouldn't let kids being mean get to me this much, should I? :blush:

disneydeb
09-08-2007, 04:11 PM

So.....IF you actually caught fish, why is there steak on the grill and not fish??
We would love to have you join us! Especially if you are going to needle Pogo!:thedolls::D

What? You mean you couldn't hear me cheering from where you are???

They were never scored on (thanks largely in part to Olivia on defense!!) and I truly lost count of our goals scored after 12.

What a way to kick off the season!

I'm off to make a fruit bowl for our team party this afternoon. Have a great day!

Christine that is wonderful! Give Olivia a high five for me! I went back to look at the pics of your house. It's looking great and good to hear about the closing date finally set. You have a lot going for you. And I just know that a great job is going to come your way.:thumbsup:

I am among the younger members -- but I am also the youngest of 4 children. By the time it came for me to drive, my Dad refused to teach me -- my older siblings did him in! I had to pay for lessons!Yes. I will meet you there.

Not if you are a Gecko .... we always have crickets in the house, as they are the mainstay for Harry's :lizard: Magnet ... them and silkworms. Would you die if you ate a silkworm?
I really really LOVE the Kona for dinner. WE also really really LOVE Marrakesh. What's your favourite?
Hey -- You sharing family secrets Cousin??? I am proud to say that I am one in a long line of accomplished snorters!

I finished the 150 cheesecakes by 10:30 last night -- and put the blueberries on top this morning..... I'm pleased with our effort! Have a great day everyone!

You should be well-pleased. I don't think I would have had to courage to take on that task.

So, What is everyone going to be for Halloween this year?:mpumpkin:

DD- Amy is going to be Pocohantas, DDBF Brittany will be Cinderella, and I'll be Cindy's Fairy Godmother. Grandson will be whatever I like at the costume shop @ WDW when I get there. That will be one of his soveigneers from my Intercot Birthday Bash trip.

I leave in 31 days!:party:

drummerboy
09-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Only if the little umbrella got caught in your throat. :thedolls:

Welcome in. Sounds like you're fitting in already. By the way, I like chocolate chip.

Is it Monday yet? The honey-do's are about to kill me.

alpro2
09-08-2007, 07:20 PM

So.....IF you actually caught fish, why is there steak on the grill and not fish??:D
Judging by your reply, it looks like you fit in already.

Hey...what is Tink&Goofy's real name anyway? (inside joke)

Caroleh
09-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm so indoctrinated into fishing that I even know what you mean. Scary isn't it?
Today is my wonderful husband's birthday! We are having some of his favorites for supper: ribs, potato salad and corn on the cob.
Got to get cookin'!:D
Carol, I'm going out of town this afternoon to get the material you suggested. Again, my Halloween outfit would not have been possible without your help! Thank you!

Happy Birthday to Deb's DH!!! Let me know how it turns out. I'm glad I could help out, Deb. I'm at my best when I can be creative!!!

Welcome, Tink..chocolate chip cookies sound really good. Picking on Pogo is always a good thing!!! :D

What? You mean you couldn't hear me cheering from where you are??? :D

I thought I heard something this afternoon, but I wasn't quite sure what it was. Give Olivia a high five for me. Way to go!!!

Is dinner done yet, Pogo? or are you burning the steaks? I should be quiet, he may burn me at the stake!!!:D

Christine
09-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Welcome Tink! Are you going to the I-COT anniversary bash in October?

Tink&Goofy
09-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Sounds like I have new friends already! (And likely at least one thats less than thrilled with my input - sorry POGO! :blush:)

Welcome to JQ! You may join us but you must bring cookies (and maybe coffee too)!

Coffee? Did someone say coffee??:coffee:

We would love to have you join us! Especially if you are going to needle Pogo!:thedolls::D

Glad I could add to the fun! :blush:

Welcome in. Sounds like you're fitting in already. By the way, I like chocolate chip.

Well chocolate chip cookies don't last long around my house. I never make them from scratch anymore because DH INHALES them. A double batch might last us 2-3 days!! :tasty:

Welcome Tink! Are you going to the I-COT anniversary bash in October?

I wish. I would LOVE to go - but coming from the west coast gets spendy. We just got back from DL last week, and are planning WDW next March. You guys will have to have a:marg: (or two, or three) for me!

Is anyone else crazy enough to go to WDW next March - the week of Easter??:crowd:

Christine
09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Is anyone else crazy enough to go to WDW next March - the week of Easter??:crowd:

:here: We are! We are booked for March 18-25 2008. So hello, fellow lunatic! We should plan a meet, shouldn't we?

pogo
09-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey -- You sharing family secrets Cousin??? I am proud to say that I am one in a long line of accomplished snorters!
It's no secret..... you've even said that you snort, Cousin. Want me to take it back ?

Are you getting philosophical on us? I thought that job was reserved for Frankie, but I must thank you for the moment of sentimental thought. It was a nice one.
OK.... if you say you understand.... what is rat fishing ? And I don't mean fishing for Alex. :D

You guys are having WAY to much fun....can I join?

So.....IF you actually caught fish, why is there steak on the grill and not fish??
You sure can join....... have you got thick skin ?

Would you believe I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat fish ? :D

Is that what that noise was ? I thought somebody steooed on a cat's tail. :D

We would love to have you join us! Especially if you are going to needle Pogo!
Now wait a minute....... I'm telling Mom on you. :D

Judging by your reply, it looks like you fit in already.

Hey...what is Tink&Goofy's real name anyway? (inside joke)
All I want to know is which one of you is Goofy ? :D

Welcome, Tink..chocolate chip cookies sound really good. Picking on Pogo is always a good thing!!!

Is dinner done yet, Pogo? or are you burning the steaks? I should be quiet, he may burn me at the stake!!!
Be carefull Buddy......... be carefull ! :D

Sounds like I have new friends already! (And likely at least one thats less than thrilled with my input - sorry POGO!
Hey Tink&Goofy..... welcome to the fun and bring on your best shot. I can take it and I can dish it out. :D

pogo
09-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Is that what that noise was ? I thought somebody steooed on a cat's tail. :D
Oooppppsss.... typo.....
should have been s t e p p e d instead of steooed.

Can you tell I've had too much :wine: ???? :D

disneydeb
09-08-2007, 09:52 PM
OK.... if you say you understand.... what is rat fishing ? And I don't mean fishing for Alex.

Now wait a minute....... I'm telling Mom on you. :D

Rat Fishing is done on top water with a plastic or rubber mouse or rat , could be a frog too. They are usually around matted grassy areas.:mouse::razz: Careful, did you know you are dealing with a pro?:D
I have a pair of earrings made out of spinner bait blades (wllow-leaf #3s). DH gave them to me for my 25th wedding anniversary. Can you believe it?:D

pogo
09-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Rat Fishing is done on top water with a plastic or rubber mouse or rat , could be a frog too. They are usually around matted grassy areas.:mouse::razz: Careful, did you know you are dealing with a pro?:D
I have a pair of earrings made out of spinner bait blades (wllow-leaf #3s). DH gave them to me for my 25th wedding anniversary. Can you believe it?:D
I do believe it ! He is a special guy indeed. I've got to meet this guy. :thumbsup:

Why do I feel so not worthy ? :notworth:

disneydeb
09-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I do believe it ! He is a special guy indeed. I've got to meet this guy. :thumbsup:

Why do I feel so not worthy ? :notworth:

I read this part to DH five minutes ago. He is still laughing!

Can you believe he will be at a fishing tournament whil DD#2 and I are at WDW?

pogo
09-08-2007, 10:49 PM
I read this part to DH five minutes ago. He is still laughing!

Can you believe he will be at a fishing tournament whil DD#2 and I are at WDW?

I'm glad I entertained another bass fisherman. :D

So he is sitting right there with you ? :confused:

Tell me he didn't give you the answer to my question. This is soooooo unfair. I feel so used. :faint:

Tink&Goofy
09-08-2007, 10:53 PM
:here: We are! We are booked for March 18-25 2008. So hello, fellow lunatic! We should plan a meet, shouldn't we?

Most definitely! We have ressies for 23-31, but the dates aren't definite yet - until I find a good airfare (like below $600 :D)

You sure can join....... have you got thick skin ?

You have no idea - lets just say if we meet sometime we can discuss careers, OK?

Would you believe I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat fish ? :D

OK, next question - why were you grilling steak??:D:D

All I want to know is which one of you is Goofy ? :D

One and the same - depending on my mood:crazy:

Now you guys really have me wanting to go to the Oct Meet. Lets see...frequent flyer miles for the air, annual passes since I will be going back in March, and I could alway borrow points if a studio villa was available. How's that for "if there's a will, there's a way"? Besides I have over 3 weeks of vacation I have to use before the end of the year. Just because DH doesn't, why should that stop me????:D

disneydeb
09-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm glad I entertained another bass fisherman. :D

So he is sitting right there with you ? :confused:

Tell me he didn't give you the answer to my question. This is soooooo unfair. I feel so used. :faint:
I do know of those fishing toys of which you speak, A dozen of 3 different kinds each are housed behind me in what used to be a wet bar.
Don't forget you're talking to a pro (not me - HIM)
He also told me to tell you I had earrings made from spinner baits. My response was --- "Do I?"
He told me , " No, you don't"

Made for a good story, though , didn't it?:D

Good Night :cloud9:

pogo
09-08-2007, 11:01 PM
OK, next question - why were you grilling steak??
Becasue I threw the fish back, silly. What was I supposed to eat ? Oh, I can see you're gonna be a tough one to train. Almost as tough as DizzyDeb and Christine. :D

Now you guys really have me wanting to go to the Oct Meet. Lets see...frequent flyer miles for the air, annual passes since I will be going back in March, and I could alway borrow points if a studio villa was available. How's that for "if there's a will, there's a way"? Besides I have over 3 weeks of vacation I have to use before the end of the year. Just because DH doesn't, why should that stop me????:D

I think you ought to put your foot down and tell him you're going with or with out him. Then you can write a trip report and tell me what I missed...... OK ? :D

ElenitaB
09-08-2007, 11:03 PM
It's so nice to see how well you fit in here! :yes:

Has anyone else noticed Pogo's new signature line? :rotfl:

Alex, how did the driving session go? You're not :hide2: or :sob: , are you?

pogo
09-08-2007, 11:04 PM
I do know of those fishing toys of which you speak, A dozen of 3 different kinds each are housed behind me in what used to be a wet bar.
Don't forget you're talking to a pro (not me - HIM)
He also told me to tell you I had earrings made from spinner baits. My response was --- "Do I?"
He told me , " No, you don't"

Made for a good story, though , didn't it?:D

Good Night :cloud9:
Tell him that Ray Scott wants his membership card back. He shouldn't do that to another B.A.S.S. member.

He is a member isn't he ? :confused:

Good night.......... we shall resume this conversation another time. :D

disneydeb
09-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Hello Ellen, good to see you!

I saw Pogp's new line,too. I thought it quite apprpopriate :archer::faint:

So - Tink&Goofy one peson? or a husband and wife combo duo?

disneydeb
09-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Tell him that Ray Scott wants his membership card back. He shouldn't do that to another B.A.S.S. member.

He is a member isn't he ? :confused:

Good night.......... we shall resume this conversation another time. :D

He is. I throw his magazines and newsletters away when I get the chance because he never does.
Who is Ray Scott? Is that your real name anyway? And what does he have to do with the price of bass gills in China?:D

Caroleh
09-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed Pogo's new signature line? :rotfl:

:archer:Did I hit a bullseye?

disneydeb
09-08-2007, 11:18 PM

Good to see you too Carol!
Yep! What is your score now?

Caroleh
09-08-2007, 11:20 PM
My stepfather use to make his own lures. I remember back in the 70's I'd steal his feathers for earrings!!! He wasn't a bass fisherman, he perferred Northerns and croppies.

Can you believe I know a little about fishing?

Dsnygirl
09-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi everybody... missed you all today...

I finished the 150 cheesecakes by 10:30 last night -- but couldn't get to sleep until after 3 because I was worrying about transporting them.... DH helped me to change the wrappers and put the blueberries on top this morning..... I'm pleased with our effort! Have a great day everyone![/QUOTE]
Way to go!! I'll bet they're yummy... are you saving any for us??? :blush:

You guys are having WAY to much fun....can I join?

Absolutely!! Welcome!! It's pretty fun around here!!

They were never scored on (thanks largely in part to Olivia on defense!!) and I truly lost count of our goals scored after 12.

What a way to kick off the season!

:party: Yeah!! Glad to hear it went so well!! Cheers to another soccer junkie!!

Considering we live around 20 minutes from the original Nathan's (and the summer crowds are now gone), you're welcome to come and visit on both accounts! And bring Carol and Mikki too! Maybe someone could send along a nice grilled steak or some ribs?

Lucky you!! I'd love to come out -- I'll bring the :marg:...

I am...and I am not trying to brag...it's just that she gets so down sometimes. Being defense is an "unsung hero" in this league. She never gets to SCORE and doesn't understand that keeping the OTHER team from scoring is just as much of an accomplishment.

Today, some of the other girls (who scored goals) were giving her a hard time and teasing her b/c she didn't score a goal like they did. It's hard not to yell at them that "yeah, you guys together scored 12 goals, but Olivia stopped 30 which is what won the game!"

I shouldn't let kids being mean get to me this much, should I?
Comes w/ the territory... occupational hazard of being a mom, I think.... ;)

Oooppppsss.... typo.....
should have been s t e p p e d instead of steooed.

Can you tell I've had too much wine ????
Glad you caught that before I had to rag on you... :D

Now you guys really have me wanting to go to the Oct Meet. Lets see...frequent flyer miles for the air, annual passes since I will be going back in March, and I could alway borrow points if a studio villa was available. How's that for "if there's a will, there's a way"? Besides I have over 3 weeks of vacation I have to use before the end of the year. Just because DH doesn't, why should that stop me???
I think you should DEFINITELY let nothing stop you!! :thumbsup:

Has anyone else noticed Pogo's new signature line?

The man knows the truth when he writes it... :D

Hope you all had a great day... ours was quick, and we just ended it with a part of POC-DMC, and we're off to bed.

See you in the am!! (Well, maybe... we're off to Rochester bright and early... I probably won't be around until tomorrow night... so have a great Sunday, too!!)

Tink&Goofy
09-09-2007, 12:04 AM
So - Tink&Goofy one peson? or a husband and wife combo duo?

Just me, myself and I :crowd:. (Sometimes it gets really crowded:laughing:)
DH thinks all of the time on the computer is for making the detailed WDW plans for next March :D - that is until I laugh at the computer....then he just thinks I'm nuts. :funny:

alpro2
09-09-2007, 07:57 AM
I saw Pogp's new line,too. I thought it quite apprpopriate :archer::faint:

I like having Pogo around. :thumbsup:I remember when I use to be the target. :D

Ok.... but that is three people. Don't you need another name in there like "Tink,Goofy & IForgottheQuestion"? :D

alpro2
09-09-2007, 07:59 AM
What a bunch of party animals you guys are. Two pages of posts on a Saturday night. :D

Who's going to watch the NFL today?

pogo
09-09-2007, 09:04 AM
See you in the am!! (Well, maybe... we're off to Rochester bright and early...
Are you coming to see me ???? :D

Just me, myself and I :crowd:. (Sometimes it gets really crowded)

Kinda like the three stooges ? Larry, Curly and Moe. :D

Ok.... but that is three people. Don't you need another name in there like "Tink,Goofy & IForgottheQuestion"? :D
Thanks Alex...... I knew there was a reason.

But don't be too hard on T&G..... she didn't know what the "JQ" stands for. Just Questions ! Any time you post here you MUST include a question.

What a bunch of party animals you guys are. Two pages of posts on a Saturday night. :D

Go Eagles !!!! :D

disneydeb
09-09-2007, 09:17 AM
/QUOTE]

Don't worry Alex. I have more Nair!:D
Are you needing another dip?:D

[QUOTE=alpro2;1412879]What a bunch of party animals you guys are. Two pages of posts on a Saturday night. :D

And Where were YOU Saturday night, young man?:D

Go Titans!

Caroleh
09-09-2007, 09:25 AM

Go Steelers!!!

Good to see you too Carol!
Yep! What is your score now?

How did the shopping go for the fabric go?
I think it's 180

He was hiding from us, thinking we'd aim for him instead of Pogo now that we're armed with :archer:

So what's everyone doing today, besides watching football?

I'm sewing Christmas stockings!!

disneydeb
09-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Carol, I didn't get to go.:( DD work hours changed at the last minute and I got to keep my grandson ( which is not all together a bad thing!). I have reformulated my plans to go Monday after school is out.:)
I haven't been able to get in touch with the lady that does my work when I need it, so I may need to wait for her OK.
I would love to see your new Christmas stockings-- how soon can you post those pics?:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
09-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Being defense is an "unsung hero" in this league. She never gets to SCORE and doesn't understand that keeping the OTHER team from scoring is just as much of an accomplishment.I hear you HiT.... Harry plays defense, but managed to get a couple of points last year (for assists :hockey: ) He doesn't care though ... He likes "protecting the goalie" . Congratulations to Olivia the killer sweep!!

Only if the little umbrella got caught in your throat. :thedolls:
That's really funny. :funny:

DH thinks all of the time on the computer is for making the detailed WDW plans for next March :D - that is until I laugh at the computer....then he just thinks I'm nuts. :funny:Ahhhh T&G -- you fit in well. We are all nuts here. Welcome aboard!

Anyone want to come out to the huge Costume Superstore in the west end with us today? I just can't find the time or energy to make all the costumes for our trip ... so Brian ordered his from Thailand (through e-bay), and we're going to see what we can see for Harry and I at the Superstore. I'm a little disappointed in myself -- but I'll get over it! Who brought the cookies anyway? Wasn't T&G supposed to???????????

disneydeb
09-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Anyone want to come out to the huge Costume Superstore in the west end with us today? I just can't find the time or energy to make all the costumes for our trip ... so Brian ordered his from Thailand (through e-bay), and we're going to see what we can see for Harry and I at the Superstore.

I wish we had a costume superstore here. I am going to have to get mine made. Good luck finding the perfect costume! What do you think you will be?

Caroleh
09-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Carol, I didn't get to go.:( DD work hours changed at the last minute and I got to keep my grandson ( which is not all together a bad thing!). I have reformulated my plans to go Monday after school is out.:)
I haven't been able to get in touch with the lady that does my work when I need it, so I may need to wait for her OK.
I would love to see your new Christmas stockings-- how soon can you post those pics?:thumbsup:

Let me know how it goes!!! My DF wants to buy 6 stockings, so I'm making 10 to give her a choice. No 2 are alike. I'll try to get all 10 pictures up tomorrow. I'm hoping to finish the last 3 today. Then the other 4 I hope to sell to whoever I can.

I just can't find the time or energy to make all the costumes for our trip ... so Brian ordered his from Thailand (through e-bay), and we're going to see what we can see for Harry and I at the Superstore. I'm a little disappointed in myself -- but I'll get over it! Who brought the cookies anyway? Wasn't T&G supposed to???????????

It takes a lot of time to sew things, Jenn. Even though I work with fabric all day long, I'd rather buy my clothes then sew them. I'd rather sew crafty type things..like Christmas stockings and quilts. After that, one of my teenage staff members is trying to convince me to make a Halloween costume and wear it Halloween night. I told her that I could do my belly dance outfit, but I'm not in the mood. Now I'm starting to think a pirates outfit might be fun.

Where's the store on the west end? (wondering if I'm missing something.)

Okay, now where did I put my pins and scissors?

Tink&Goofy
09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Kinda like the three stooges ? Larry, Curly and Moe. :D

But don't be too hard on T&G.....

I was thinking more of Huey, Dewey and Louie, but you got the idea.
Do I sense an air of sympathy? Its best not to show weakness! :D
T&G....I like it!:)

Ahhhh T&G -- you fit in well. We are all nuts here. Welcome aboard!

Who brought the cookies anyway? Wasn't T&G supposed to???????????

Thanks, I'm feeling quite at home! As for cookies, DH took a deep breath last night and POOF...all gone! Maybe I can con DD into making more?

pogo
09-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Are you needing another dip?:D

Go Titans!
Hs is a dip ! :D

Go Steelers!!!
:shake: Are you crazy ?

Ahhhh T&G -- you fit in well. We are all nuts here. Welcome aboard!
Aint it the truth ! :D

I wish we had a costume superstore here. I am going to have to get mine made. Good luck finding the perfect costume! What do you think you will be?
She could go as a tourist, right Cousin ? :D

disneydeb
09-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Hs is a dip ! :

Who are you talking about?

Okay, now where did I put my pins and scissors?

In Pogo or Alex is my guess!:D

ElenitaB
09-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Just zooping in to say hi!

My wireless router died this morning (maybe that's why the past few weeks I've been losing my connection every 1/2 hour or so?) so we're off to BestBuy to get a new one.

Since T&G is not living up to her end of the bargain ;) I'll get us cookies while I'm out, okay?

dlpmikki
09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
When did T&G become the target? How much did Pogo and Alex pay?!

Oh Pogo - shall I bring my darts next April? Figaro thinks I should as you were talking about someone standing on a cats tail! :thedolls: Still it is a large place: maybe you could hide?

alpro2
09-09-2007, 05:35 PM

:thedolls:

In Pogo or Alex is my guess!:D
That's enough, you!

Since T&G is not living up to her end of the bargain ;) I'll get us cookies while I'm out, okay?
Are you back yet? I'm hungry!

alpro2
09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh Pogo - shall I bring my darts next April? Figaro thinks I should as you were talking about someone standing on a cats tail! :thedolls: Still it is a large place: maybe you could hide?
Yes, let's get him Mikki. That Pogo is quite the character. Can I be on Figaro's side?

dlpmikki
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Yes, let's get him Mikki. That Pogo is quite the character. Can I be on Figaro's side?

Are you going to be there in April? Will you survive meeting Figaro in October?

Beast_fanatic
09-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I was thinking about making some lemon bars. Would those suffice?

They aren't quite cookies, but they are quite tasty. :tasty:

alpro2
09-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Are you going to be there in April? Will you survive meeting Figaro in October?
Figaro luuuuuves me! A little birdy told me. :D

I was thinking about making some lemon bars. Would those suffice?

They aren't quite cookies, but they are quite tasty. :tasty:
Oooh, yes. Love lemon bars. Do we have to share them Rhonda?