PDA

View Full Version : Bus theme music update?

ariel03
08-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Does anyone have an update on the buses theme music and signs? Last I heard the signs would be blank sometimes leaving many to ask where the bus was going. Also has the music volume been adjusted? Many said that it would sometimes be to low or way to loud. Thanks for anyone with an update.:thumbsup:

sleepingbooty
08-24-2007, 10:22 AM
We were there two weeks ago. I didn't notice any buses without working 'signs' on the front. The music was fairly quiet, definitely able to talk over it in a normal voice. Another thing I noticed, and I don't know if its new or if I just never noticed it before, was that the music on each bus was themed to where the bus was headed. On the Epcot buses we heard "One little Spark", on the POR bus we heard banjo music, on the MK bus we heard Mary Poppins, you get the drift.

LudwigVonDrake
08-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I was in WDW last month and thought the spiels/music were the right volume. There were a couple of buses where they played the spiel in the beginning and just before we got to a park and there was no music in between. I don't know if it was something the bus driver did or if there was a problem. :mickey:

ariel03
08-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Oh I can't wait. :mickey:I heard they play differnt music depending on what park you are going to and also what resort. Heard that some of the music is actually really good when riding back to the resorts.

Red Randal
08-25-2007, 03:50 PM
That's a pretty cool idea. I heard the spiel on the way to the Magic Kingdom one day in May but they didn't play any special music on the way back to the Beach Club. I'll check it out in October.

Mickey Loves Golf
08-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Disney Transportation Bus Ops is continually tweeking the system. They rely on us bus drivers to fill out "trouble sheets" with specifics as to what the problem is, where, when and how it is happening. There is a team that takes those sheets and makes the necessary adjustments or "repairs". There is also a team that is still driving "test buses" (or at least I saw a few out on property a week or so ago) trying to fine tune the system.

Keep in mind gang that there are several phases we will go through until the sytem fully operational. It is a pretty cool system. The bus plays background music themed towards the area a guest is being picked up or dropped off. The bus does the safety spiels and gives information about theme parks etc. (if in route to a theme park). As drivers we are still able to interact with the guests over the PA system. Some don't but I do. I still like that part. I enjoy giving out information to guests and getting the other guests on the bus to sing "Happy Birthday" to guests that may have on the Bday buttons etc. etc. etc.

Hang in there with us...sometimes implementing a new technology takes time - even for Disney :thumbsup:

Swimmergirl
08-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Hmmm... when did they start playing music on the buses? I haven't been to WDW since May 2006, and I don't ever recall there being anything being played. Sounds cool though!

ariel03
08-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Sounds great Mickey_Loves_Golf! I can't wait to hear it first hand.:thumbsup:

Figment!
08-26-2007, 01:18 PM
when did they start playing music on the buses? Mid-May 2007

See Tidbits May 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103538)

TheMartellFamily
08-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Can not wait to see this when we visit I hope this all works out.

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Not only do they spiel about the park you are headed for, but they also talk about the resort you are heading to as well.

It is also closed captioned on the little screen for those who are hearing impared.

Have fun!!

LudwigVonDrake
08-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Oh I can't wait. :mickey:I heard they play differnt music depending on what park you are going to and also what resort. Heard that some of the music is actually really good when riding back to the resorts.

The music going to the Contemporary was amazingly non-melodic and one of the bus drivers told us that the music for AKL was the equivalent of banging two wood blocks together. The Disney music headed to MK and the movie music to MGM were my favorites :D

martinfamily5
08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I didn't know that they did this. Just one more thing to be excited about our up coming Oct trip.

Thank you Mickey Love Golf for being an interactive bus driver. We love those. My DSs birthday is usually when we are in Disney and a couple of times, the entire bus has sang happy birthday to him making him feel extra special. Thanks again.