PDA

View Full Version : Question about MGM

Katzateer
08-24-2007, 06:41 AM
What replaced the Tarzan show at MGM?

I seem to remember a new show but don't see it listed on the map of MGM.

Does the High School Musical pep rally group come out before noon? We are going to MGM on a Saturday morning and have to leave at 12 to meet my brother.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-24-2007, 07:03 AM
I think you're referring to the Tarzan show which was at AK. It was replaced by the new Nemo puppet show. We were very, very sad to see it was closed when we were there last. This was a great show for our boys. :sad::sad::sad: Does anyone know why it had to go????

faline
08-24-2007, 07:03 AM
The Nemo show is now located where Tarzan used to be. The theater was enclosed for the new show and is located in the Animal Kingdom park.

When I was there in June, the High School Musical Pep Rally was scheduled for 9:35 a.m.; 10:35 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:10 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 4:25 p.m. It's listed as lasting for 25 minutes.

magicman
08-24-2007, 09:52 AM
I think you're referring to the Tarzan show which was at AK. It was replaced by the new Nemo puppet show. We were very, very sad to see it was closed when we were there last. This was a great show for our boys. :sad::sad::sad: Does anyone know why it had to go????

A friend of mine worked as a Disney Dancer at the Tarzan Rocks show, so we had a natural affinity for it.

She said Disney shut down the show mainly because of noise intrusion expected when Expedition Everest went into operation. Also, she said Disney was pushing back on the expense of shows like Tarzan Rocks which require a lot of Cast Members due to the expense of it.

Katzateer
08-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Was the old Beauty and the Beast location removed when the Lights, Action Motor Show area was added?

Guess that was what I was thinking of.

Thanks!!!

#1donaldfan
08-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Finding Nemo.......not a bad show....the kids loved it.....the seats were a little uncomfortable for the length of the show....

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the info Magicman. Wow...what a shame. I am sure glad we were able to see it on several trips in the past before it was discontinued. If you see your friend who performed in it, tell them it was our disney favorite, as far as performances go. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
08-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Was the old Beauty and the Beast location removed when the Lights, Action Motor Show area was added?

Guess that was what I was thinking of.

Thanks!!!
B&tB is actually on the other side of the park. LMA replaced the part of the backlot tour. You may be thinking of the Hunchback Show over at MGM, but last I saw, the theater was still there, so I'm confused as to why they shut down the Hunchback show.

techgeek
08-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Tarzan left to be revamped for broadway. Tarzan and Beauty and the BEast just closed last month from broadway. By the way Nemo is a pinacle of theatrical innovation but isn't the concert that Tarzan was.

Katzateer
08-26-2007, 08:53 PM
B&tB is actually on the other side of the park. LMA replaced the part of the backlot tour. You may be thinking of the Hunchback Show over at MGM, but last I saw, the theater was still there, so I'm confused as to why they shut down the Hunchback show.

Where the Hunchback show was is where Beauty and the Beast was originally. Just couldn't remember what was there-forgot about the Hunchback Show. Wonder why the theater is still there - it has been a couple of years since the show was at MGM.

Thanks for the responses:mickey:.

J9
08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Wonder why the theater is still there - it has been a couple of years since the show was at MGM.

It's currently being used for storage. If you peek in, you can see some of the Spectacle of Lights decorations and ironworks in there. Most recognizable are the angels and the "peace on earth" globe

EmisDisneyMom
08-26-2007, 11:22 PM
I am so confused now :crazy::search::dizzy::shrug::scratch::unsure:

J9
08-26-2007, 11:28 PM
I am so confused now :crazy::search::dizzy::shrug::scratch::unsure:

Hahaha! Maybe this makes it easier!

Old BatB theatre = Old Hunchback Theatre = current storage shed