PDA

View Full Version : Single going to WDW

cajunbaby1
08-24-2007, 05:47 AM
Going to wdw for my birthday the last part of October and I can't wait :party: Question is where would y'all recommend staying at on property? Does this sound silly to go alone and pamper myself for a whole week? Also any suggestions as to how to spend the week.
:mickey::marg:

Mandykay
08-24-2007, 06:07 AM
Is it silly? NO!!!!!!! It's GREAT:mickey: I'm not sure which price level your going for, but here are my recommendations (I'm 33, and have been to WDW twice by myself, but about 30 times total).
value...Pop Century
mod...Port Orleans Riverside (just a nice stroll to POFQ if you want to go snack on some beignets, awesome quiet pools, great bar with fun entertainment)
deluxe...Animal Kingdom Lodge (amazing lobby that just begs to be enjoyed, great lounge with tastey drinks)
I've stayed at Pop and PORS on my solo trips, and felt very safe and comfortable at both. One of the nice things about AKl is that it's just one big building-no long walk in the dark by yourself.

Hope you have a wonderful birthday trip!!

RockChalkKimball
08-24-2007, 04:58 PM
If it were me, I wouldn't spend alot on where I stayed, since I would be out in the parks every minute I could. I stayed at POP and it was fine. I would spend the extra money on a couple of nice TS meals in places that my family wouldn't like. And, of course I would buy myself some really great souveniers!!!

kathymk616
08-25-2007, 03:07 PM
You are NOT silly...go and enjoy yourself! While I have never done a trip entirely solo, I have spent half a day at a time on my own in a park or at a pool...and it's just as much fun as being there with someone! You get to go on whatever rides you want (sometimes faster as a single rider) whenever you want, you get to eat whenever and whatever you want, and you get to stay at the pool as long as you want! You should have a great time!:party::marg:

SunnyLee
08-25-2007, 03:38 PM
You are by NO means silly!!!! Gracious there are days I WISH I had gone alone...but I have def gone by myself and had a great time...more to enjoy the scenery and eat at my favorite places, and ride small world over and over if I wanted!!! I have stayed at the Riverside and I loved it! And it's pretty close to the Beach Club if you wanted to use their beach/pool! Make sure you treat yourself to some Main Street ice cream or my favorite a churro!!!! Pamper way!!!!! and Happy bday coming up!!! :party:

J.T.Toad
08-25-2007, 05:14 PM
You will be going at the best time of year as the Food and Wine festival will be going on.
That said I would want to be as close to Epcot as Possible. Since you will be traveling alone, I would think you would want a resort that is a little calmer. I am thinking the Yacht Club. Close to Epcot, Boardwalk, and Jellyrolls. With all of the Kids and Families focusing on Stormalong Bay You should have the quiet pool all to your self.

Have Fun

JT

Crow
08-25-2007, 09:32 PM
ive done solos a few times. its great.
for value-POP
mod-CSR or POFQ
deluxe WL
im doing Pop & WL next month solo.
and hitting the F&W fest.
the good thing is you can do what u want when:beer:

Donalds Duckie
08-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Another seasoned solo Disney traveler here. Absolutely go by yourself, pamper yourself, and ENJOY!:mickey:

I go to WDW solo most of the time and I have just as much fun as when I visit WDW with friends and/or family! Solo trips are a different type of Disney fun. You can do what you like, when you like. Revisit favorite rides and attractions multiple times if you like. Change plans at anytime without consulting anyone else. I find that I really see Disney park/resorts when I travel solo because I am not engaged in conversation.

Have a great trip!

cajunbaby1
08-27-2007, 11:05 AM
:wave:Thanks y'all. I can't wait to WDW!! Wish I could go tomarrow. It'll be nice to hop into the singles line and bypass some of those tired; fussy kids. I'm also thinking a Spa day would be really great.
Thinking about staying at POFQ since I've not stayed there before.
Now if only I could find some cute pool boy to fetch my drinks for me and I would be all set :cool:

teambricker04
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Sounds like fun to me! I would stay away from the values because of all the kids in the pool and not really anywhere to hang.

I think you SHOULD do a spa day! I would stay at the Lodge or GF or poly. I would want to stay near the parks.

Have a fun time!

J.T.Toad
08-27-2007, 11:11 PM
What can I get you ?

2Epcot
08-28-2007, 12:32 AM
I've done some solo trips over the years. I've stayed at the Contemporary, Port Orleans French Quarters, and the All Star Resorts. I enjoyed all the trips no matter where I was. Do what you can afford, and have a great time! :mickey: