PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi vs. Pizza Planet

jenperich
08-24-2007, 12:43 AM
I have FINALLY gotten the final ADR for our Nov. trip. Now that we have made an ADR for the Hoop-dee-Doo Revue, I need to make another choice. I LOVE the Sci-Fi, but as I'm thinking of it, it's not necessarily a must. So, my question is...do we pay for Sci-Fi OOP and just get apps or eat at Pizza Planet OOP? Either way is fine, I just want to get feedback. Thanks!

mouseketeer mom
08-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Skip Pizza Planet!
The one and only restaurant that was disgusting to us!
The pizza was like a wet doughy biscuit with gluey cheese.
Honestly.
I love all food. Not picky at all. Not one of those pizza picky people.
It was awful.
How about a different counter service at MGM if thats where you want to dine? Theres other choices with yummier food.

jwallace378
08-24-2007, 07:47 AM
I'd have to agree. Stay away from Pizza Planet. It was like eating a blob of dough with some tomato juice and wallpaper paste on top of it.

January-2007
08-24-2007, 08:54 AM
I would go to the Sci Fi and pay out of pocket. That's what we're doing, we love it there. :mickey:

moe513
08-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Sci fi is fun but if you ve already done it and your trying to save money try something else.

goofiecrazy
08-24-2007, 11:28 AM
We eat at the Sci-Fi ever trip and we plan on it next time we have ate at the Pizza Planet only once.

JCDarzi
08-24-2007, 12:12 PM
To me, Pizza Planet was just another pizza place with just ok pizza.

SCI Fi is a place that you would only find at WDW.

If I was choosing between the two, I would definitely go to Sci Fi. If you are hungrier than appetizers, then go for a counter service meal. I'm not sure where to recommend at MGM. We've had bad luck with ABC Commissary. So I would skip it.

KylesMom
08-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Unless you're watching your pennies that closely, I wouldn't hesitate to pay OOP for Sci-Fi versus Pizza Planet. :beer:

poeticeclipse
08-24-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm in the minority. I'm not a Sci-Fi lover... at all. The atomsphere is pretty neat but other than that.. it's an over-priced burger joint. I'm not even crazy about the appy's there.

On the other hand... I loev Pizza Planet for a CS meal. You get the pizza, a salad, and a dessert. Most CS places you only get your entree and a dessert. Sure, it's mediocre pizza but, i've had much worse (pop century delivery). C'mon... It's Pizza Planet!!

crazeedizneefinatic
08-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I fortunately have never had a "wet" pizza here. Sounds gross! Everytime we have eaten there it has been okay. It's not fresh made pizza but it's not bad. One thing we were hugely disappointed in though was the themeing. We expected Pizza Planet from the movie, after all this was MGM! My son was so expecting it, and it was a huge letdown.

We also like Sci-Fi. We have almost always done lunch there and the burgers are good too. It is overpriced but what isn't in Disney, lol! Since we like both places, food wise, it would be a toss up.

Now if I had to pick I would choose Sci-Fi just for the atmosphere. It's a nice break from the hub bub of the park. I would choose Sci-Fi, but I don't think you would be disappointed with either.

jszczur5
08-24-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure where to recommend at MGM. We've had bad luck with ABC Commissary. So I would skip it.

Our family really likes the ABC Commissary. We ate two or three CS meals there last summer. I loved the Cuban sandwich with the plantain chips, and my kids really liked their burgers.
We will be at Disney in 5 days, and I've had them on burger restrictions for the last 2 weeks because of how many CS burgers they will be eating at Disney. I don't know what it is about the burgers at Disney, but my sons claim each one is better than the last. They've already given me their list of CS burger meals they want: Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills, ABC, POP Century dining hall, etc.

ldc12377
08-25-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm going to be different here...I say go with Pizza Planet. We ate there in May and it was really good. The menu is only pizza and salad but that works for us. My oldest son (8) is a very picky eater especially about his pizza and he loved it so such that he request it for our trip in Oct. We also ate at Sci-Fi. We liked it too but if you're only getting apps. then you won't have a great selection. We were a little disappionted in the apps. but we liked the entrees. My son liked it here too but only because he got to sit in front of a huge "TV" for a whole meal....LOL He isn't allowed to do that at home.

GrmGrninGost
08-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I would say you will be very disappointed in Pizza Planet if you expect it to be anywhere near as good as Sci-Fi. We go to Pizza Planet a lot, and the pizza is so-so. Our children enjoy going there to play the video games.