PDA

View Full Version : Your "Improvement" List....

ravsluvdisney
08-23-2007, 08:26 PM
OK - if you could choose 5 specific things throughout WDW - anything - that you would improve/alter/adjust, etc. what would they be?

Added speed - I lumped 2 in here. Speedway cars and the Mickey Speedboats need a little mph boost.

More Donald - where the heck do they hide that Duck?!

Lovebug Elimination - is there a spray or something for those little buggers?

RnRC - Bigger building + More Track = Weeee!!

Main Street - More like the local mall. Need to bring back some shops with a little nostalgia. Yeah, nostalgia doesn't pay the Mouse's bills but it would be nice.

teambricker04
08-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Here is my list:

1) Star Wars... too 1980s.

2) Tomorrowland -- costumes and such are not so tommorow.

3) Indiana Jones

4) Space Mountain -- Didn't they change it at Disneyland??

5) Tom Sawyer Island

princessimagineer
08-23-2007, 08:56 PM
MGM (or whatever theyre calling it nowadays) - needs more rides? too many shows that are timed so poorly that its hard to schedual. :coaster:

AK & AKL - needs some sort of convienient form of transportation. somethine else besides buses. they are like on a dead end back there. :teleport:

WS - i want to see more countries!!! i know there is like no place to put them but i think they should expand or something, no good reason really, its not like they neeed it. i just think it would be awesome!:eat:

Disney Classics - Sleeping Beuty, Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Fox and Hound, Jungle Book, etc, WHERES THE JUSTICE? :search:

one little personal adjustment i would make - i'm going to major in architecture in college and i realy want to be an imagineer and build a resort for disney. i have it all planned and i even know where i want to put it. but thats all my little secret :zipped:

#1donaldfan
08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
#1 change would be to have more resorts accomate 5 people with one room...(yeah, 3 kids) are there that few families with 3 kids:confused::confused:

#2 MK, bring back 1,000 leagues

#3 MGM, more thrill rides....why not have two ToT and RRC......gotta love 'em

#4 EPCOT, change the TTrack sounds, after awhile of waiting it starts to grate on you

#5 change is just plain silly....buy 3 get one free trip.....wouldn't that be cool??

Speedy1998
08-23-2007, 09:56 PM
#

??

I will bring back the other 19,0000 leagues.

Actually one major chage I would make is to move COP, I do not think that is fits with the rest of the attractions in tommorowland anymore. I think it would make a good addition to Futureworld. In particular seeing is the show is about the progress of modern conviences in the age of electricity, I think they should add it as an attraction in an expanded Universe of Energy pavilion.

Polynesian Dweller
08-23-2007, 10:07 PM
1. Add at least two minutes to Soarn and make the film and east coast film.

2. Update dinosaurs in Universe of Energy. Getting a little old.

3. Redo Space Mountain to make the double seat cars at DLR and that launch system (not really possible).

4. Make vehicles on TTA more interactive and more things to see on the ride.

#1donaldfan
08-23-2007, 10:11 PM
wow I just stopped laughing.......your right the other 19grand would be good too, huh????? I have no excuses....just a brain lapse.....I am very sorry to leave all that h2o out....that would be a very shallow ride.....thank you for bring my ignorance to my attention....normally I can figure it out on my own.....need to cut off the :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Big Hairy Monster
08-23-2007, 11:06 PM
1. Animal Kingdom - Build Beastly Kingdom.

2. Disney/MGM/Pixar/RKO Radio Pictures Studios (isn't that the name this week?): A log flume/coaster dark ride (similar in concept to Sea World's Journey To Atlantis) that is themed to Disney Villians. Starting with getting swallowed by the whale in Pinnochio, you slowly travel through a long themed dark ride section visiting various villian scenes as you wind upwards through "Villians Mountain". Finally, the whale spits you out and down a steep flume. You circle around, go back up into the mountain (at which point the ride converts from flume to coaster) and you enter Aladin's Cave of Wonders.

3. TOSS UP:
Autopia: This needs to be converted in to a Cars based ride, getting away from the go kart idea. A faster ride, but not to fast, featuring a racing section (where if you ride it once you are racing against someone else in the Doc car, ride it again and you are racing against the king), a bumpy section riding over the messed up main street, the mountain section, being chased by the tractors, cruising through the refurbished Radiator Springs, and finally racing to the finish.
-or-
Getting rid of Aladin's Magic Carpets

4. EPCOT: This would require a major expansion, but...create another ring of countries around World Showcase. How? At strategic locations between current countries, have two or three large hallways that would allow foot traffic to get to the area behind the current countries. Each of these hallways can be themed to a great building of the world (Versailles, Neuschwanstein, etc.) A simple sign would act as a guidepost to a new country, "This way to Egypt" and exiting this hallway would take you into the heart of a new country. The new countries would back up against the existing countries, facing outward and away from the inner circle. I could go in depth on this, but...

5. Lastly, the return of the old dining plan.

GrumpyFan
08-24-2007, 12:14 AM
4. EPCOT: This would require a major expansion, but...create another ring of countries around World Showcase...

Actually, if you look at Google Earth or Microsoft's Live Search maps, you can see lots of space still available in World Showcase. Going clockwise, starting with Mexico,

There's a spot between Mexico and Norway.
There's the outpost which has a large plot of unused land right after the bridge from China.
Between Germany and Italy, there's another spot.
Between Japan and Morocco, there's another potential spot.
Between Morocco and France, there's another potential spot.Speaking of space, there's a large building behind both Germany and Japan, that were both rumored to be space for an attraction when the park originally opened, but they never did anything with. I don't think they aren't currently being used for anything except for storage and miscellaneous use. It would be great if someday they actually finished these two and put attractions in there.

pink
08-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Ooh, good thread!

1) I agree- AK needs to make a Beatily Kingdom.

2) Each All-Star hotel needs there own bus to and from each park instead of sharing within all of the other two resorts.

3) TTA needs to be renovated, it's a nice ride to relax on but the visuals are getting old and fast!

4) BTM needs some renovating as well. It's a great ride but I think it needs something new added to it.

5) Takes out Snow Whites Scary Adventures and add in some new FantasyLand rides. (Preferably Classic Disney)

:mickey:

Imakejessicarabbitjelous
08-24-2007, 07:26 AM
#1 change would be to have more resorts accomate 5 people with one room...(yeah, 3 kids) are there that few families with 3 kids:confused::confused:

#3 MGM, more thrill rides....why not have two ToT and RRC......gotta love 'em

#4 EPCOT, change the TTrack sounds, after awhile of waiting it starts to grate on you

#5 change is just plain silly....buy 3 get one free trip.....wouldn't that be cool??

I agree wiv the 5 people room! there are 5 ov us 3 kids n my parents! we have 2 get 2 rooms:(

Spaceship Tigger
08-24-2007, 07:56 AM
1.) Do something - anything - with WoL, and cut out this "private events" garbage.

2.) Add at least one new country to WS.

3.) Add another couple of good but non-headliner rides to AK.

4.) Come up with something big for the 20K space in the MK.

5.) Do something with the entire Backlot and Animation Studio spaces of the Studios.

Ian
08-24-2007, 08:04 AM
These are probably my top five:

1. Add some rides to Animal Kingdom. Even with the addition of E:E it's still barely a half day park for our family. And I'm not talking about some off-the-shelf schlock that you throw up to help keep costs down ... I mean real rides. Pirates and Haunted Mansion quality rides.
2. Same as above, only substitute "Disney Hollywood Studios" in place of "Animal Kingdom."
3. Stop with the empty Epcot pavilions. Build something where Wonders of Life used to be and do it now. Also, say one hundred and thirty-seven Hail Marys as pennance for what you've done to Journey Into Imagination. Put it back the way it was. NOW!
4. It's time to spend a nickel or two on the Indy Speedway. A Cars overlay is slap-your-forehead obvious here ...
5. Take a dozen sticks of TNT, wait until MK is empty, set them underneath Stitch's Great Escape, light them off, and start over. In order to purge yourselves for building such a pathetic attraction in the first place, this spot needs to now be occupied by a new E-Ticket attraction.

**a_spoonful_of_sugar**
08-24-2007, 09:08 AM
huh? why would you want to change big thunder? space mountain? mina street? SPLASH!!? :confused: they're total classics!!

but heres my list:

1) Finding Nemo the Musical GET RID OF IT! its terrible

2) Get those fast passes sorted! they need to be worked in an orderly fashion, stop just piling all the fast passes through and forgetting the standby

3) Whats the point in having early hours when hardly any of the rides are open until normal rope drop time?? Thats got to be changed.

4) Introduce some bigger, faster, better roller coasters/rides! I think Disney would get a good responce from that

5) More attention needed in rides such as Pirates of the Caribbean with people taking pictures using flash photography! its annoying!

:thumbsup:

martinfamily5
08-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Ian, I agree with you on all acounts. I also agree with the needing a room for 5. We stay at POR and with the trundle it sleeps 5, but as the kids get older, I don't think that this will be an option.

I know that many of you will disagree, but I loved Mr. Toads Wild Ride as a child and would really like for my kids to experience it.

DessertDivaFL
08-24-2007, 10:34 AM
1. Update the Speedway in MK.
2. Bring back 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
3. Add Ireland to Epcot
4. Add Spain to Epcot
5. Start a Frequent Vistor Discount program

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
08-24-2007, 11:49 AM
1. I love the flume ride idea in MGM (or whatever they are calling it now)
2. I also agree with the return of 20,000 leagues under the sea, I do think if they bring it back as only 1,000 it would be a little sad (JK)
3. I agree that AK needs some more ride, even if they are not huge rides, just some more POTC/COP/IASW size rides to add a little more time to your day at AK.
4. I would also like better transportation to and from AKL, we are staying there for our honeymoon and I wish their was more fun transportation.
5. Lastly, as someone said, more of the "Classic" Disney characters around the parks, Donald, Sleeping Beauty, etc. And maybe do a ride for all of them.

A few that don't effect me yet because I do not have kids.......I agree with the Indy Speedway being "Cars" themed & the rooms that hold 5 people (i would think that would be very annoying to families).

Toad
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
1. Replace Pooh's Playground with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2. Restore the original Journey Into Imagination attraction (or at least build something that better resembles the original than the current incarnation).

3. Bring back the original Enchanted Tiki Room show.

4. Restore the nostalgia on Main Street, USA (bring back the Main Street Cinema, the House of Magic, the Penny Arcade, the Book Store, etc).

bkfree
08-24-2007, 11:01 PM
1) Widen the paths at AK. Between strollers,ECV's, people who want to stop and take photos or take in the sights and meanderers, it is the most frustrating park to actually walk around in.
2) More countries at WS. Those empty buildings such as Wonders of Life could be a country or two. I want to see Russia, Greece, Thailand, India, Egypt, all countries with the unique architecture, food, history and crafts that are essential for a WS Pavillion.
3) More rides that have the great animatronics like Dinasaur at AK. They all do not have to be scary, but hey, this is Disney -more AHHH rides.
4) Make Soarin longer and add more international fly overs and well as a little outerspace-How cool would that be.
5) Get rid of Lilo and Stitch- that was a big waste of time and very disappointing-it has much more potential than that.

mttafire
08-25-2007, 12:57 AM
At 37 most probably think im foolish but i LOVE Peter Pan. With modern technology ALOT could be done to really update that ride.
Also...
2-5 Universe of energy..I LOVE it. BUT..Lets update it. Do ANYTHING with the Raceway. Add some TLC to BTM and lets refurb Space Mountain.:thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
08-25-2007, 10:55 AM
1. Peter Pan needs at least a facelift. Can't they reglue or attach the foil in the volcano so it doesn't look poorly kept up? This has bothered me for years!

2. A better variety of characters around the parks! They seem to have the same ones out all the time. I want more princesses and princes for photos!

3-5. Bring back Mr. Toad, old Imagination, Skyway, Horizons, and Motion!!!

texasteacher
08-25-2007, 11:34 AM
1. Add Disneyland's Indiana Jones ride to MGM.
2. Go back to the original Journey into the Imagination ride, especially the great original beginning.
3. Update Peter Pan's Flight, but don't change the ride vehicles!
4. Add Scotland, Ireland, or Australia to WS.
5. Bring back Horizons (of course, an updated version).

DisneyBarb
08-25-2007, 01:57 PM
1) Get rid of Lilo and Stitch Ride and replace with anything!

2)Bring back Horizons!

3)Bring back old Figment, Journey into Imagination Ride

4)Something more in Animal Kingdom (not sure what!)

5) Get rid of the Sounds Dangerous at the Studios

6) Make real movies at the Studios that we can see!

TheMartellFamily
08-25-2007, 02:34 PM
I totally agree with adding more countries to WS. They are great as it is but I feel there is alot of waisted space. I do not like to see buildings stay vacant such as WOL at EPCOT. I agree with Mr. Toads Wild ride even though I do love Pooh.

jclightchasr
08-25-2007, 03:20 PM
1. Add more rides at world showcase
2. Bring back a new version of Horizons where the Wonders of life pavilion is.
3. Take out the indy speedway and put in a meet the robinsons ride.
4. Improve the que at peter pan
5. put in an icredibles ride

disneynarula
08-25-2007, 03:33 PM
1. Rehab Peter Pan. I am not sure what I would do but at least repaint the whole thing. I could do with less of the black light stuff.

2. Bring back Journey Into Imagination to it's original glory. I just don't get what they were thinking. I understand but don't like the Horizons and World of Motion thing but Figment was great. They destroyed it.

3. Bring back the Wonders of Life pavillion with some kind of great attraction. I can't believe it is gone.

4. Make an alternate route for Splash Mountain so the preschool set can enjoy. (I know this is impossible) Kind of a green team Splash Mountain.

5. A new 3-D movie for Imagination. I love Honey I Shrunk The Audience but I think it is pretty dated.

RockChalkKimball
08-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I think it is interesting how many of you came up with things you want to bring back. Our first visit was in 2000, so some of the things you mentioned, I have never seen.

1. I love the discount for returners idea. It makes me crazy when I see people getting the cards for great discounts. I have am planning trip #8 and have never gotten one. My mom went once and got one the next year.

2. Any new resort being built need to have slightly larger rooms. I agree with those of you that have 5 in your party. Even though AB in POR can accomodate 5, the bigger your kids get, the more cramped the rooms become.

3. I agree with the poster who mentioned the scheduling of the shows. Shows are our favorite part of the parks. If they would spread the times out more, I could spend the whole day just doing that.

4. It would be so cool if the monorail system was expanded. Considering the amount of people they move, the buses work really well. But it would be great if the monorail went right to more resorts.

5. I would appreciate it if you all would stay home when I go. If they could have a day just for me, that would be nice....

pook@wdw
08-25-2007, 06:08 PM
1. Longer Soarin and over "America"
2. Something (anything) new instead of Stitch
3. Run TTA tracks all over MK
4. More countries @ Epcot
5. More attractions @ AK

bkfree
08-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Ohhh, I love the suggestion to run TTA tracks all over the Kingdom, we love that ride and usually stay on for several passes around.

I also agree with some larger rooms,with a mini kitchen ,like suites in hotels. Although we are only a family of 4, we'd like the extra rooms. I think they could easily add more resorts between MK and Epcot and let them have a monorail system that travels between the two parks.
Although I have two young kiddos, I think one BIG thing that is missing at Disney is an adult only resort. With so many weddings and honeymoons that take place at WDW along with couples with no kids and empty nesters and Disney Seniors, there is a real demographic and need for this. And not a "singles" hangout or teen/college student party central, but for real "adults" that want kid free pools and kid free hot tubs and adult ammenities and great dining that doesn't have kid menus and ketchup.
It will be many years before I could enjoy it, but it would be something to look forward to.:dance::cheers::yes::clappy::silly::yay::high5:

disneynarula
08-25-2007, 09:55 PM
5. I would appreciate it if you all would stay home when I go. If they could have a day just for me, that would be nice....

:funny:

Magic Smiles
08-25-2007, 10:37 PM
WOW what a lot of great ideas from you people. I can make most of my top 5 out of others suggestions
1. More countries in Epcot
2. Use MGM as a real movie studio. Watch animators work on real films
3. An Adults only resort :mickey:
4. Big Hairy Monsters idea of the flume ride sounds amazing
5. Make fast passes for resort guests only

MouseHouser
08-26-2007, 06:13 AM
Agree with Toad about the Tiki Room. Gilbert Godfried gets on my nerves.

Time for a new restaurant operator for San Angel Inn. The facility is great, but the food and service has gone way downhill. Is making and serving basic Mexican food such rocket science? Where's Ratatouille? Bet he could handle it.

WDWgoofy
08-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Bring back E-ticket night to the MK
Add a new ride to the Magic Kingdom
Add countries to the World Showcase
Add the Indiana Jones ride to Hollywood Studios
Put something in place of Wonders of Life (I hate empty buildings)

DizneyRox
08-26-2007, 10:55 AM
1. Eliminate all outsourced jobs at WDW. Bring everything back in-house.
2. Bring back a real Traditions training class and all CMs would be required to take it, INCLUDING all exisiting CMs. I think they all could use a refresher.
3. Hire back all the lost Imagineers. WDI is in dire need of a creative kick in the pants.
4. Fire whoever is in charge of merchandise down at WDW. Get some variety and uniqueness back in the different shops.
5. Bring back a parade to Epcot. Sorry, I need to be a little selfish in my to-do list.

GrmGrninGost
08-26-2007, 05:48 PM
one big one:
Add some rides to Mickey's Toontown Fair!

wdwfansince75
08-26-2007, 10:19 PM
If DisneyQuest is to be closed this year.....
Move some of the DQ attractions to the parks...
In Epcot...in Innovations and in Wonders of Life...
In the Studios....in place of Sounds Dangerously...(aka: Zounds, Dunderheads!....), and on Mickey Ave....
In the MK.....in Toontown, and as replacement for Stich's Great Embarassment.

Oh yes, and bring back E-Ride Night and Mr Toad's Wild Ride.

And something to do in AK in the afternoon....other than waiting for the bus!

EmisDisneyMom
08-26-2007, 11:14 PM
1. Monorail system to all 4 parks
2. Rooms for 5 (as mentioned several times)
3. More characters meeting and greeting in Epcot.
4. TTA inside Ecpot that lets you load and unload at different locations.
5. More sit-down restaurants to pick from at AK.