PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Wilderness Lodgers

brianlw71
08-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Hi, My wife and I will be staying @ WL in Dec. Can anyone give me specific room #'s they really enjoyed during their stay. I have reserved a courtyard view. I am looking for a room on a higher floor with a nice view of CR, MK, or Bay Lake and has the wrought iron railing to see through while sitting and enjoying the view. Thanks Brian.

medic9016
08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't remember the room #. We stayed on the MK side, I think it was a woods view. We watched the MK fireworks from our room.

lockedoutlogic
08-23-2007, 09:11 PM
I personally would not request a specific room number. First of all the chances of it happening are slim to none and then it peg holes you into only wanting one thing that they might not be able to accomodate and will then give you whatever. It sounds to me that you should call the resort a couple days before arrival and ask for what you want. If you reserved a courtyard view know that it is not possible to also have a view of MK. They don't face each other. Also, the Contemporary is not in view from the courtyard. Knowing this here is my recommendation for the nicest room in the category you have booked:

High Floor
Courtyard overlooking main pool
Room closer to Bay Lake than main lobby

If you make your request more general than if they are not able to accomadate one of the three requests than at least they can try for two of the three etc...

DisneyDudet
08-23-2007, 09:26 PM
The only request we made was to NOT have a certain room. I can't remember where I found it, but it has a view of bushes, and the CM my dad talked to on the phone thought it was funny!

We ended up with a standard view overlooking The Smokehouse and MK!!!!! I think it was room 5028... Not really sure!

Make simple requests, like location (closer to the main lobby or whatever you feel is important to you. If you want to be closer to bus stops, request the south part of the resort, or if you want to be closer to the boat launch, say you want the north side (that is where the view of MK is!

Just make them general, and you are more likely to get what you request. Just remember, requests are never guaranteed, so don't set your trip around them!!

Spaceship Tigger
08-24-2007, 08:04 AM
In 2004 we had room 5165 which was on the courtyard view side facing the MK direction. You couldn't see the MK or Contemporary but there was a nice view of the lake as well as the entire courtyard and pool area. You could see most of the fireworks, though. We also liked the room because it was the last one on that side of the hall and there was a hallway down one side of it, which made for less noise from other rooms.