PDA

View Full Version : Money Tablets

J.T.Toad
08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
I thought you all might enjoy this one

One year my wife and I decided to give every one in our Family $ 100 dollars for spending money. Instead of just forking over the money I ordered $ 400 dollars in brand new, in sequence, 5-dollar bills from our local bank. We then took the Cash to a local printer and had them divide the money in four stacks of $ 100.oo bills. We had the printer t install a cardboard back and gummed the top edge. “Walla “a Money Tablet that fits in a check book cover. What fun it was to pull off money from a tablet when paying for souvenirs.

JT

mickeyfan2001
08-23-2007, 10:21 PM
I think this is really a neat idea. I never would have thought of it...

shan-ash
08-23-2007, 11:07 PM
That's a cool idea! How fun!:mickey:

martinfamily5
08-24-2007, 10:19 AM
That is really cool. :yay:

angedeaile
08-26-2007, 01:55 AM
What a great idea! About how much did it cost to get that done?

vizsla
08-26-2007, 07:38 AM
That is a very cool idea. :thumbsup:

J.T.Toad
08-26-2007, 09:43 AM
QUOTE]What a great idea! About how much did it cost to get that done?[/QUOTE]

It took about a week to get the new bills. I had to speak with the Branch Manager, as she was the one that could order them. There was no charge for the new bills.

To Gum the edge and add a cardboard back was under $ 10.00

The first year I did this was with one-dollar bills and I gummed the left edge. This was a real pain in the neck. Imagine paying for everything with a one and having to take the time to peel off the money one bill at a time. Fives worked great. Also make sure you gum the top edge of the bill that way if fits right into a check book sleeve. You might be able to buy the gum at Staples and do it your self. Id practice on a separate note pad first

When you get the new bills you have to smell them. There’s nothing like the smell of brand new currency.

Good Luck
JT