PDA

View Full Version : Passport in a little over a week!

mprewitt
08-23-2007, 05:34 PM
My wife applied for her passport at our local post office on Tuesday, August 14. Well, her passport arrived today, August 23.

That's only a little more than a week! With all the talk of delays, this totally surprised me. We did pay extra for expedited service, and it was worth it!

ElenitaB
08-23-2007, 05:44 PM
The expedited service is well worth it if you're on a tight schedule.

I did it many, many, many moons ago, back when you could wait around for your passport at one of the main offices. I was all of 17, and the opportunity to travel to Spain for a pre-freshman year program arose kind of at the last minute. My dad took the day off from work and took me into Manhattan where I got my first passport at the Rockefeller Center office. Both my dad and my teen years are long gone, so thanks so much for reminding me of that! :)

DisneyDudet
09-05-2007, 10:25 PM
I got mine the summer before our cruise and it took about 6 weeks or so. My friend got hers in about 6 weeks as well just this July, right after all this craziness of trying to get them happened. We didn't expedite it or anything, but she did have one before but lost it in a house move. I don't know if that helped or not, but maybe they are getting through them faster now!