PDA

View Full Version : Best Beverly Gags

jclightchasr
08-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Lets hear from those who have really gotten someone good with this Deliciously Sweet, crisp and refreshing beverage.

I will be taking my Mom to Epcot in Dec and it will be her first time at ice station. I can't wait to tell her just how good it is and see the look on her face after taking a nice big swig. :thedolls:

Don't worry my mom and I play gags on each other quite frequently.

Any folks out there visiting or living in Atlanta should know that this drink is also in the world of coke pavilion.

mook3y
08-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Lets hear from those who have really gotten someone good with this Deliciously Sweet, crisp and refreshing beverage.

I will be taking my Mom to Epcot in Dec and it will be her first time at ice station. I can't wait to tell her just how good it is and see the look on her face after taking a nice big swig. :thedolls:

Don't worry my mom and I play gags on each other quite frequently.

Any folks out there visiting or living in Atlanta should know that this drink is also in the world of coke pavilion.

hehe I went to world of coke with a co-worker when we were in town for a meeting. I tasted teh beverly not knowing how uhm ** unusual ** it was.

My coworker didnt see my reaction.

So I filled up a cup and handed to him saying "here you got to try this one!" :thedolls:

murphy1
08-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I had to check your profile b/c this guy from Griffin did to his two little goddaughters in June and for a minute I thought it might be you. They were so cute, about 4 and 6 and he told them to try it, it was good and I told him that was not nice. Then he said he was from Griffin and went down there once a month. I'll have to avoid it at World of Coke, we want to visit it since it's newly redone.

Gator
08-23-2007, 04:00 PM
I find it's best to get some strange kid to try it. Once he realizes how bad it is, he makes it his personal mission to get everyone he knows. So I get to see the reactions without getting the blame.:thedolls:

mook3y
08-23-2007, 04:09 PM
I had to check your profile b/c this guy from Griffin did to his two little goddaughters in June and for a minute I thought it might be you. They were so cute, about 4 and 6 and he told them to try it, it was good and I told him that was not nice. Then he said he was from Griffin and went down there once a month. I'll have to avoid it at World of Coke, we want to visit it since it's newly redone.

Awww you got to try a little bit of it. Just to say you tried it! 1 ML should do it. LOL

GreenBeetle
08-23-2007, 04:23 PM
I don't have a story, I'm just laughing at the title of your thread: "Best Beverly Gags". That stuff makes you gag alright! :ack: :sick:

goofiecrazy
08-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Never had it so what does it taste like?

jenperich
08-24-2007, 12:28 AM
I have never really played a joke on anyone with Beverly. But, when my boyfriend and I go in November, I'm totally playing a joke on him!! I can't wait. Oh, I'm laughing harder than ever just thinking about it. Hehehe

Clotho
08-24-2007, 01:56 AM
No good gags, but I can tell you of a letdown!

I am the big planner, and knew all about Beverly when we went in 2004. So I was looking forward to surprising my husband with its uniquely "refreshing" taste.

So I fill up two cups, pretending I have no idea what it's going to be like, and he takes a sip...nothing. I take a sip. Ew. I ask him why he had no reaction. "Oh I tried this stuff in Europe years ago."

DARNIT! FOILED!:thedolls:

tinksmom02
08-24-2007, 10:26 PM

Oh, it's really, really good, you have to try at least one cupful! :thedolls:

Just kidding, it's a very bitter soda, from Italy, I think...someone will probably come along and better explain it...

cheshirecollector
08-25-2007, 12:06 AM
There are actually clips on YouTube of people trying it, from the Coke stores in Atlanta and Las Vegas. Do a search on "Coke Beverly".

ArtDeco
08-25-2007, 12:16 AM
I have a great photo of DD6 and her best friend making awful faces and pointing to the fountain. I made them stage it for the photo, but my DD insisted on setting up her friend the first time by telling her it was 'like Sprite'. Seems like the 'Beverly gag' is understood even at age 6!

And nobody thinks I'm serious, but I like Beverly (in apertif quantities - makes my stomach ache if I drink more than 2-3 little cups). I'd buy it if it was available. It is the perfect setup to a round of snacks in World Showcase!

My opinion is not shared by my family, who won't even taste it anymore.

Clotho
08-25-2007, 03:28 AM
It kinda tastes like super duper watered down beer. Very hoppy...and still soda-fizzy. Not sweet. Not "refreshing"! LOL:sick:

Brooklynos
08-25-2007, 08:53 AM
I got my husband pretty good a couple years ago. I had heard about it so I filled up my cup and tried some without a reaction (it was hard but worth it). I told him wow, he needs to try this one. So my husband being the thirstiest (sp?, it's early here) person I've ever known at the time takes a huge swig and almost spits it out!!!! LOL!!! It was great. He didn't like me for a minute for it but than we took his parents last year and did the same thing to them!!! Great stuff I tell ya! :D

MNNHFLTX
08-25-2007, 09:39 AM
To me it has a strong anise taste (as in black licorice) with a subtle undertone of bubblegum.

My favorite Beverly gag is taking a big cup and then proceeding to drink it down with gusto, disappointing all those watching who are expecting me to make a face or spit it out.

I like Beverly. :tasty:

Wells
08-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Beverely is a quinine based beverage, popular in Italy. It is a bitter apertif and intended to be consumed in small quanties, not guzzled down like a syrupy-sweet soda. It isn't that bad, if you know what to expect. I think more people are suprised than anything when they are expecting a more typical Coca-Cola product.

texasteacher
08-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow. I didn't know about this! I have been to WDW many times and have never gone into the Coke place.
Thanks for the postings. I can't wait to share this "delicious" beverage with my unsuspecting friends and family on our next trip in December!

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Apparently I am one of the few that likes Beverly. :tasty:

Of course my wife and daughter think I'm crazy...:crazy:

Niecyboo
08-26-2007, 12:24 AM
No great stories, but I have a good description for Beverly.

It tastes like fermented ear wax.
(not that I've ever had fermented ear wax).

Oh, and my husband is one of those people who loves it. Go figure.

MinnieMommie
08-26-2007, 12:24 PM

No good gag stories but enjoyed reading these responses. I guess telling anyone that Beverly is delicious and watching their face as they drink is the best gag of all (unless of course someone actually likes the taste).

One more thing: Do you recommend a trip to Coke when visiting Atlanta? :mickey:

threeh
08-26-2007, 05:12 PM
My husband and son LOVE to go to ice station cool and pretend to love Beverly. They freak people out. They get a glass and drink it and pretend to love it. It's pretty funny because other people will whisper stuff like watch that kid he's trying the beverly and then my son says mm mm good and gets more. They actually both got belly aches from drinking too much last trip, but they had fun shocking others. They are currently plotting more evil beverly tricks for 2008.:thedolls:

TTAtravler
08-26-2007, 05:26 PM
The look of utter disgust in my dd9 & dd11 faces followed by a look of surprising disapointment. :sad:Priceless.:thumbsup: How could their mother betray them in such a way?:thedolls:
It's good to be Queen!

garthbarth1
08-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I have been to Epcot several times and have never even heard of the coke station or Beverly...where is this all located? TIA :)Melissa:mickey:

EmisDisneyMom
08-26-2007, 10:41 PM
:goodbad: My daughter and I had tasted the Beverly a few years earlier. W talked the drink way up for months before taking DH to Epcot. We went on and on about how good this drink was. He was so eager he got himself a cup full and tossed it back like a big old gulp of :beer: HIS FACE WAS PRICELESS!!! :rotfl: Now we are working on my step-mom....she's never been to WDW so.......:goodbad: stikes again!!!