PDA

View Full Version : Lunch instead of dinner?

PrincessTracie
08-23-2007, 12:32 PM
I posted yesterday with my ADR's - see "My ADR's..kinda disappointed", but I was starting to think maybe I should try to get lunch seating for the restaurants that I REALLY wanted to eat at but had no opening for dinner anytime. What are thoughts on lunch instead of dinner? Are the portions smaller?

We are thinking about Le Cellier & Coral Reef... does anyone know if Whispering Canyon Cafe serves lunch?

Scott C
08-23-2007, 12:50 PM
We always do LeCellier for lunch. Menu is slightly reduced -- but prices seem to be lower. Usually a little more relaxed. Try it

Thanks
Scott C

tinkergal
08-23-2007, 01:04 PM
If the portions are smaller at lunch, that's not necessarily a bad thing. At least from my experience, there was more than enough to satisfy a big ol' appetite. I've eaten at both Le Cellier & Whispering Canyon. LC is a wonderful break...cool & dark...it's incredibly relaxing. Not the same can be said for WC but it's sure a hoot!!

faline
08-23-2007, 01:15 PM
We sometimes eat a late lunch at a table service restaurant - around 2 or so and then just have appetizers or something light for "dinner".

DessertDivaFL
08-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Yes, the Whispering Canyon Cafe is open for lunch.

We make our ADR's for lunch all the time because the portions are usually too big at dinner and it is easier to get a table around lunch time than dinner. In addition, it helps my 15 year old son with autism have a break from the crowds and the noise.

bleukarma
08-24-2007, 11:20 AM
I usually try to schedule my TS ADR's for lunch because it's cheaper. :thumbsup: Some of the menu's are the same, some are limited. But even if it has a smaller menu at lunch then I can always find something that I will like. :mickey:

MickeyMousse
08-24-2007, 11:35 AM
This time around we are going to eat our table service meals at lunch. First, it's cheaper and second I have found that it was easier to make the ressies for lunch versus dinner.
And we can always find something to nosh on later in the evening if we are hungry! There is never a lack of choices in WDW!:mickey:

Momof2boys
08-24-2007, 02:56 PM
This is what we normally do. Since we're not big breakfast eaters, we hit our must do restaurants for lunch. Then we can snack and enjoy the rest of our day and not have to worry about staying a certain park just because we have ADRs.

moe513
08-24-2007, 05:29 PM
We are doing a mix of lunch and dinners. i think the lunches will free up the nights.