PDA

View Full Version : Best thing about Beach Club???

grammy3
08-23-2007, 11:13 AM
DH and I upgraded to Beach Club with a discount this trip (DH choice). :thumbsup:

My question is this, What is it that you love about BC?

I know location is big issue for DH but I really love WL and don't know if this resort is going to compare. I love the decor and comfortable feel to WL:cloud9: and I am hoping we can get the same feeling at BC. We are going in November so I don't know if the pool will be still warm enough to enjoy.

Any way tell me what you love about BC!!!

Thanks for your input.

Grammy3+1

TammiMcMan
08-23-2007, 11:50 AM
I think you'll definitely have the same feeling from the BC. It's very casual and probably the only downside is that the lobby can get a bit loud during character dining hours. For whatever reason, adults tend to gravitate more towards the YC, while families stay on the BC side. Unfortunately, the BC doesn't have a lot of rooms with full balconies either. They have smaller size and standing room only. Not sure which view level you have booked, but if it's standard, I would just try to avoid overlooking the front of the resort. Just a couple of things to keep in mind if you're making any room requests.

As far as location, it's quite different than the WL. We thoroughly enjoyed being within a 5 minute walk into Epcot. Many days, we'd go in just to grab lunch or a snack from one of the countries. The Boardwalk is very romantic for an evening stroll, or you might enjoy watching a football game at ESPN or kicking up your heels at one of the clubs. You may not want to leave that area at all, there's so much to do right there.

Mickie the Pooh
08-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Beach club has the feel of a turn of the century elegant but Cape Cod seaside Hotel, I live on the Cape and it is very accurate to what used to be here.
So no it is not the same as a Mountain Wilderness Lodge.
It is laid back though, more so than the Yacht club for instance and the pool is great and you may well be using it in NOV.
Access to Epcot and MGM is fabulous from there.

Baloo Da Man!
08-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Location, Location, Location! The short walk to Epcot is invaluable. Great for getting a meal and perfect after Illuminations. The short relaxing boat ride to and from MGM (Hollywood?!?!?) is outstanding too. DW and I have done the romantic stroll along the Boardwalk as well - very nice after a long day with the kids. Good restaurants there as well (including a brew pub!). You could walk to Shula's at Swan & Dolphin as well, I haven't done that yet.

The kids love the pool (big slide, lazy river, sand bottom, etc.), and the heated water is great in Nov. The days are usually warm enough, although you can get some chilly breezes on occasion. DW brings a cover up. Great character breakfast at Cape May with Minnie, Goofy and Chip or Dale.

The decor is bright and cheerful, not awe inspiring, but certainly good. The kids liked the arcade and the Beaches & Cream ice cream shop (who doesn't?). The Yachtsman Steakhouse and Cape May are good for dinner. The Beach Club store has good coffee and breakfast bites to take breakfast on the run.

We have had a waterview and a standard courtyard view, but we are never in our room enough to care, so I won't pay for the waterview again.

Disney has many excellent options, but the Beach Club fits our family so perfectly, we may not try another for quite a while. It is Disney home for us.

dog-ears
08-23-2007, 02:17 PM
I think Baloo pointed out the best features.

We have stayed there often - the location near Epcot can't be beat, the rooms are pastel pretty with a beachy feel and we've never had a problem.

brownie
08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
It's our favorite so far. The proximity to Epcot is great, and now you have the Boardwalk nearby. I believe the pools are heated, so the water temperature shouldn't be a problem.

jwallace378
08-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Everything about Beach Club is great. You'll have three ways of getting to MGM and Epcot. By boat, by bus, or by foot. Between BC and YC you'll have around 20 restaurants/snack stands to chose from. Best of all is the pool area. It's like a mini waterpark in the middle of the two resorts. Boardwalk is only a 3-5 minute walk across the lake as well. That gives you many more dining/entertainment options. Enjoy!!

moe513
08-24-2007, 05:33 PM
We love the location.I dont so much like the beach club as I like the location. I think wl has better theming.

BethieTink
08-24-2007, 09:38 PM
You'll have three ways of getting to MGM and Epcot. By boat, by bus, or by foot.

Just to clarify. There are only 2 ways to get MGM and EPCOT - boat or by foot. There are no buses from the resort area to the parks.

WDWFRK
08-25-2007, 02:21 PM
1)The fact that you can walk to Epcot on a moment's notice and
2) stopping for ice cream at Beaches and Cream every night! :mickey:

RALPH
08-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I guess it comes down to themeing vs location. If location is priority, then choose what you like in the area. If themeing is the primary factor, then you deal with the location.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Just to clarify. There are only 2 ways to get MGM and EPCOT - boat or by foot. There are no buses from the resort area to the parks.

There ARE indeed busses from these resorts to the parks. Or at least there used to be. We've taken them from the S&D.

MNNHFLTX
08-26-2007, 09:12 AM
What I loved most about staying at the Beach Club was that you had so many restaurant choices so close by--at the World Showcase pavilions or at Boardwalk. All of which were just a short walk away.

J.T.Toad
08-26-2007, 09:57 AM
It will be our first time staying at the BCV in October, Can't wait
JT

TammiMcMan
08-26-2007, 10:02 AM
There ARE indeed busses from these resorts to the parks. Or at least there used to be. We've taken them from the S&D.I'm sorry, but you cannot get a bus to Epcot or MGM from the Epcot resorts.

playdead88
08-26-2007, 10:05 AM
the best things about the bc:

1. location to epcot - it really is a 5 min walk to world showcase so your dining and entertainment is right outside your door

2. stormalong bay - if its warm enough to swim this is the best pool at disney

3. the boardwalk being so close - endless things to do in the evenings

4. cape may cafe breakfast - its awesome!

5. ice cream - if you like icecream this will be paradise - beaches and cream is right downstairs!

have a great vacation!!! :mickey:

dopeydude
08-26-2007, 10:13 AM
art is a beast!!!!!!!!!
he stands by the entrance and salutes you when you walk through the doors :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
08-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Two things: Location and the pool. The pool is basically a 3 acre water park. Epcot is just a two minute walk away and MGM is about 20-25 minutes away via boat :boat:

Awesome! I loved my stay at BC :mickey:

EmisDisneyMom
08-27-2007, 12:54 AM
BC:thumbsup: For all the above reasons!