PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for folks with food allergies?

mprewitt
08-23-2007, 10:30 AM
I am looking for table service restaurant recommendations. Since my wife has several food allergies (wheat/barley, soy, and shellfish) and is also a vegetarian, we must limit our choices to those places that are willing to prepare special dishes just for her (so most buffets are out). Since we have the Disney Dining Experience card, we also try to limit our choices to places that accept the DDE card. Finally, we typically eat out only for dinner (having breakfast or lunch in our room).

Thus far, we have tried California Grill, Jiko, Citricos, Coral Reef, Grand Floridian Café, Flying Fish Café, Kona Café, Artist Point, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Spoodles, and Narcoossee’s. Most have been very accommodating to my wife’s special dietary restrictions.

Can anyone recommend any other TS restaurants for dinner that would also be as accommodating?

DizNee143
08-23-2007, 11:37 AM
you can eat anywhere...and i mean anywhere...buffets even counter service places and then will be something for your wife! disney really caters to people with allergeries..believe your wife will not go hungry!!! just have it noted that your wife has allergeries when you make your ADRs...and it should all be good!! i hear that the chef usually comes out and talks to the person with the allergeries to get an idea on what they would like!! and at counter services they have a booklet listing all the ingredients in evertyhing they serve.. have a great vacation!! :mickey:

wire0monkey
08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
One of my co-workers is vegetarian and she had good luck at the Italian place in Epcot and Mama Melrose's at Disney Studios.

Also Tangierine (the counter service place in Morrocco in Epcot) has a vegetarian platter, and the Marrakesh has a vegetarian soup and a vegetable coucous entree.

Hollywood Brown Derby at the Studios has a a good Cobb Salad (they'll hold the chicken).

California Grill rocks for vegetarian choices.

In the MK, Columbia Harbor House has a hummus sandwich. Tony's has a couple of vegetarian entrees.

mousaholic
08-23-2007, 12:14 PM
I am a vegetarian with allergies to wheat, oats, barley, rye and I have had amazing luck at all of the TS restaurants in WDW, even buffets. Often at buffet restaurants the chef makes a special meal. Restaurants that do not have a vegetarian option on the menu make them for me too. Garden Grill has an amazing gluten free vegatarian risotto, Sci-Fi Dine In has a great gluten free pasta with veggies, the plaza diner made me an awesome gluten free veggie sandwich, Liberty Tree Tavern makes a really good quinoa veggie dish. Akershus made a great veggie pasta dish as did Tony's Town Square. Raglan Road made a great potato leak soup and veggie dish. (Planet Hollywood - not so good for vegetarians with food allergies!)Most places also made great appetizers and chocolatey or ice cream desserts!

I am heading to WDW today for some more amazing dishes!!!!!!!!! Have a great trip and don't worry about the food!

mprewitt
08-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern makes a really good quinoa veggie dish.

My wife discovered quinoa during a meal at the Grand Floridian Cafe, and she loves it. When we got back home, we started buying it all the time for her.

Thanks to everybody for the feedback. I'm excited that I can try new places without having to worry that my wife may not be satisfied with her meal.

Polynesian Dweller
08-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I have a food allergy and I can eat anywhere. All I do is tell the server and the rest is taken care of. They will warn me if a dish can't be modified by taken the problem stuff out or if it wouldn't taste good. Disney has been one of the best places for this type of service.

On my experience, shouldn't be a problem if you let the restaurant know when you are seated.