PDA

View Full Version : Another room makeover ?

yasmina
08-23-2007, 09:34 AM
We are finally moving dd11 into her own room. We're done with the painting (think bright, but dark blue!). She wants mickey mouse designs, but not stick-ons or wallpaper.

Does anyone know where I can get Mickey head stencils? I checked at Home Depot, and all they have are Princess decorations. I have an artistic eye, but no talent, so this isn't something I could do myself :mickey:.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

pixiesmimi
08-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Get a picture of Mickey, put it on an overhead projector and project on the walls. Then trace it off with a light pencil or chalk. You will have your outlines. Just fill it in with whatever colors of paint you want. We did this with our DGSs room with their favorite team's logos. WAR EAGLE! :) You will come out with a very professional looking paint job. Maybe your library, church, or school will have one you can borrow if you don't know where to get one. We borrowed one. If you don't have a picture that large, just put it on a copier and keep enlarging until you get it the size you want.

yasmina
08-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Get a picture of Mickey, put it on an overhead projector and project on the walls. Then trace it off with a light pencil or chalk. You will have your outlines. Just fill it in with whatever colors of paint you want. We did this with our DGSs room with their favorite team's logos. WAR EAGLE! :) You will come out with a very professional looking paint job. Maybe your library, church, or school will have one you can borrow if you don't know where to get one. We borrowed one. If you don't have a picture that large, just put it on a copier and keep enlarging until you get it the size you want.

OOHH, what a great idea! I'm a teacher, and we go back to school next week, so I can "borrow" my overhead for a night, then take it right back. We have inservice all next week :ack: so I won't have to worry about using it in class. WooHoo!

A big thump on my head for not thinking of this. Thank you!

Goofeygal
08-23-2007, 10:47 AM
He:mickey::number1:y that is a great idea.