PDA

View Full Version : Which to bring in park?

Mnchknbrat1982
08-23-2007, 02:14 AM
I am debating about which camera I should bring into the parks with me. I have a dslr and a small point-and-shoot. Which would you bring?

Rodders
08-23-2007, 07:01 AM
I personally prefer to bring a good quality point and shoot when I am in the parks. I find that the size of the unit is more convenient for says like this. Having said that, I like to ride water rides and coasters as much as possible so this influences my decision. My point and shoot clips conveniently onto my belt so I can ride anything.

I have always been very happy with the shots that I have taken. If I had a good SLR then I may consider taking it into the parks on certain days to get better shots of things like Spectromagic and Wishes.

I suppose it depends on what you like to do in the parks and what type of photos you like to take and what other things you are carrying with you.

jwallace378
08-23-2007, 07:36 AM
I too have a point and shoot and a dslr. I always bring the compact point and shoot to the parks. It's just easier to bring on rides and carry around.

CanadianWDWFan
08-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Size is all that matters, OK and a good point and shoot:D. I really don't want to lug a huge camera around all day.

WDW1985
08-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Point and shoot is the way to go in Disney, but it's important to have a camera that takes good video as well for those special Disney moments.

:mickey:

BrerStitch
08-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I would say that I actually have a split opinion about this. We have both cameras also. I would say this, bring your point and shoot for most of the time, especially during the day.

Scout out what you might like pics of with the SLR and then bring it back on a day where you don't plan on doing a lot of bumpy rides or water rides. Or, just bring your SLR back in the evening. You will get much better shots of the firewords, parades, and lighted rides at night with the SLR.

Tinksmom
08-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Early in the week before you're too tired bring your DSLR. Then once you get enough good shots and getting tired later in the week just take the point and shoot.

wedway76
08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
My wife and I were seriously into photography back when we were younger. We each used to have a 35mm SLR around our neck wherever we went. However, those days are long gone.

Nowadays we look to travel light. I put my digital point and shoot in my cargo pants and off we go.

KAJUNKING
08-23-2007, 11:43 AM
i dont have a dslr, but i just hsd this discussion with my father about leaving his home when him and my mother come with us in sept, just to bulky to carry around all day, i know they take much better photos but you kind find most of the night time photos of the parades and such on the web, we have no problems with the point and shoot pics we get of the kids at wdw