PDA

View Full Version : Sea-Sick PART 3 Test Cruise 8/23-26 First Time 1 Adult, 2 Teens

jray21
08-22-2007, 10:29 PM
We were in Dallas for our 2 1/2 hour layover and what stop at Texas would be complete without getting some BBQ for our lunch/breakfast. We went to Dickies BBQ and sometimes they are good and sometimes just ok but today they were perfect. DN also forgot his swimsuit so we walked around to find one but didn’t. Hopefully they will have something at the Orlando airport since we don’t have a car and DN (14) would be sooo embarrassed to have to buy Mickey Mouse shorts.
So after a 1 1/2 hour delay we finally arrived in Orlando. We would have been dead if we tried to fly in the day of the cruise. Good thing we didn't.:thumbsup: The flight was fine but my power adapter for my laptop wasn’t working. Good thing I brought two extra laptop batteries! Being prepared always helps. I did get a little motion sickness headache on the plane but a candy bar, ginger ale, and sleep seemed to help. I never knew a $3 candy bar could taste so good! It was a little weird going to Orlando without a stop at one of the parks but at least I’m still doing something Disney. I couldn’t imagine being this close and not doing anything Disney. Our Shuttle with Happy Limo was waiting for us and it was a nice 40 minute drive to the Port Canaveral Radisson Hotel. On the way to the hotel I was a little bummed to not be staying at a nice Disney resort but this hotel is really nice and well worth it! We have a 1 bedroom suite and I definitely recommend it. It is less than a mile from the port so we don’t have to get up extra early. The people are really nice and friendly. We ordered room service and it was very good. We leave tomorrow morning for our cruise!:party:

ElenitaB
08-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Have a WONDERful time!

It's too late for tonight but there's a surf shop near Port where you could have found a suit for your DN. No worries though... tomorrow night after you leave port, you can check on the shops on board. You should be able to pick up some non-Mickey swim shorts there.

Don't know if you'll be checking your mail before you embark or while on board, but please check your PMs.

GreenBeetle
08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
I can't wait to hear all about it as we are leaving next Sunday (9/2) for our first cruise on the Wonder!! Keep the reports coming - and good luck with the :sick:!

Tavel
08-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Looking forward to reading your reports -- esp. the seasickness tips! Have a great trip!

angedeaile
08-26-2007, 01:28 AM
Oh the anticipation for the next post!