PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

princessimagineer
08-22-2007, 10:03 PM
someone a while back started a thread about myspace, so i was just wondering who out there has joined the facebook craze?

i had a myspace, but facebook is absolutely soo much better (in my oppinion). idk i just feel safer?

ALSO: i typed in "intercot" in the facebook groups and there is an intercot facebook group! (naturally i joined!) so is anyone reading this part of the 12 other people in that group?

SorcererJim
08-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Well... I wasn't a member before... but just joined in!

Jared
08-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Everyone in college uses Facebook. I had no idea their was a group dedicated to the site. I just joined.

:)

ElenitaB
08-23-2007, 01:35 AM
Thanks, just joined the group too.

conorsmom2000
08-23-2007, 07:49 AM
I just signed up for Facebook the other day because something came up about it with the non-profit event my family runs. I'll have to look for the Intercot group! :mickey: I'll be honest, having just joined, I haven't explored much of it yet....

The Flying Dutchman
08-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Just joined the group! Great find!:pirate:

SpecJoe Magic
08-23-2007, 12:55 PM
I joined today. The group is much larger than twelve people now. :thumbsup:

princessimagineer
08-23-2007, 01:03 PM
yesterday when i started this thread there were only 12 members of the intercot group. now there is 24. i feel like an advertisement! sweet!

poeticeclipse
08-23-2007, 01:08 PM
I joined the group this morning! Don't ya love my picture of Daniel Radcliffe and myself? hahahaha!

Jeri
08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
I just joined too.
I actually joined Facebook after my cousin lost her only child (20 yrs) in a car accident in April to see his memorial page.:(

I found I have a few family members on and now Intercot, how great is that.:)

DisneyTeen
08-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I also just joined.
Craig is my "real name"
haha

Kairi_7378
08-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Just joined today. Facebook has a group for everything!

PirateLover
08-23-2007, 06:45 PM
I joined the group this morning! Don't ya love my picture of Daniel Radcliffe and myself? hahahaha!

I joined too, and I saw your pic. LOL!!!!

DisneyDudet
08-23-2007, 08:43 PM
I've been a member of Facebook for a few years now. You won't believe how much it has changed in the last year!!

Yay for Intercot!:party:

PirateLover
08-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Just to let you know I'll be adding all of you in the group lol. If you're requested by Maryanne from Philly with Pirate Mickey ears on the tea cups, it's me! I like facebook a lot more than myspace. It's much cleaner even with all the junk you can add on now... I guess it's because I just got out of college too. It used to be really exclusive and you had to wait for your college to be invited but now it's open to everyone.

pink
08-24-2007, 01:27 AM
I'm apart of Myspace and Facebook. What's the name of the Facebook group?

Facebook is great, but I still perfer Myspace because I can make my profile completely private. With Facebook it's only partial, people can still stalk what you say to your friends vice versa.

:mickey:

kaerbear178
08-24-2007, 01:49 AM
I just added Intercot as well! It's up to 33 now.

Flower
08-24-2007, 05:01 PM
I just joined Facebook last week after my B-I-L had a car accident - I wanted to see the pics of his wreck. I joined the I-COT group today.

Anyway, when I looked at the Intercot group there was only 11 members so I thought it probably wasn't used much - glad to see it has tripled in size!

I had spoke to so many people this past week that I lost touch with, it is very nice! And now - I have Intercot friends to chat with too!

rnin02
08-24-2007, 05:10 PM
I just joined Facebook recently, and just joined this group. Yay!

poeticeclipse
08-24-2007, 07:09 PM
hooray! I love seeing everyone from the boards... I just wish I knew who was who! haha. We all need to post our ICOT names on the thread there!

PirateLover
08-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Facebook is great, but I still perfer Myspace because I can make my profile completely private. With Facebook it's only partial, people can still stalk what you say to your friends vice versa.

:mickey:

Actually, there is a way to turn all of that off. I did it on mine. And it used to be that even if you weren't friends with someone in your own university, you could still see their profile, but you can turn that off too now. It's all in the privacy controls at the top right corner of the page.

Jeff G
08-25-2007, 02:23 PM
I've been on Facebook for a year or more using it to communicate with a friend of mine who is serving over in Iraq.

A few weeks ago I read the post about myspace and noticed they had a Intercot group there so I did a check on Facebook and found an Intercot group and joined. It's great to see so many of us on there.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you see me there.

sportsguy2315
08-25-2007, 06:22 PM
ALSO: i typed in "intercot" in the facebook groups and there is an intercot facebook group! (naturally i joined!) so is anyone reading this part of the 12 other people in that group?

There's an Intercot Facebook group? :Runs and joins:

In all seriousness, I like Facebook a lot more than MySpace. A lot more of my friends are on it, and I feel it's safer than MySpace.

J9
08-26-2007, 09:49 PM
There's an Intercot facebook group?!?!?! I'm SO there! I'm Janine (hence the J9!) Nice to meet you all!

MMouse6937
08-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Good Lord I'm old, this was all a blur.

The story is there was a post on here about a fellow intercotee and her doggie. Someone answered that they had seen pictures of her dog on her myspace page so I tried to find them. Let me just say that was the most confusing thing Ihave ever tried to do. I was looking at pictures but I think they were of her "friends" or something. Well needless to say, I didn't see any dog pictures.

Now facebook, yikes, who knew 33 would be so old! :old:

poeticeclipse
08-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Good Lord I'm old, this was all a blur.

The story is there was a post on here about a fellow intercotee and her doggie. Someone answered that they had seen pictures of her dog on her myspace page so I tried to find them. Let me just say that was the most confusing thing Ihave ever tried to do. I was looking at pictures but I think they were of her "friends" or something. Well needless to say, I didn't see any dog pictures.

Now facebook, yikes, who knew 33 would be so old! :old:

How funny! I know people my age that can't get around on those websites so age has nothing to do with it. Facebook is a little bit more "idiot proof" IMO. I didn't like it at first but now that i'm used to it I find it to be a lot less cluttered than MySpace. It's safer and doesn't have all of the spam like MySpace does. It's funny to see some of my friends' parents on there. I never though i'd see a 60 some year old advertising themselves for dating on MySpace. Dating websites are one thing... MySpace is quite another.

May524
10-26-2007, 05:00 PM
I just joined the group on facebook! :D

Marker
10-26-2007, 05:51 PM
who knew 33 would be so old! :old:

33 old!!!!!! Yeah right.

I vote it's not age related at all. I'm rapidly approaching 50 and I've used Xanga, MySpace and Facebook.

I've used them to keep track of friends and family near and far. I also use Facebook group for my Venturing Crew to help distribute information to the crew about meetings and activities. They're all college and high school kids, and what better way to pass information.

I wasn't aware there was an Intercot group, I'll have to check it out. I know there are many Disney related groups including one I randomly joined call "I'd rather be in Walt Disney World", and one called "I wish I was at WALT DISNEY WORLD right NOW!!!" that created on a whim one day that for no particular reason has grown to 42 member, all but a couple of which I don't even know.

BriarRose0708
10-27-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm on Facebook! I'll join the INTERCOT group. Feel free to Friend me, my pic is of Goofy and me in LTT. Just send me a note with the friend request letting em know you're on INTERCOT.:mickey: