PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass in budget?

SunnyLee
08-22-2007, 06:54 PM
It is sadly coming to that time of year again when I have to renew my Disney Annual Pass...and as we all know..the cost has gone up. Well...being the FL school teacher that I am..I'm not like rolling in the dough! :teach: I have been trying to do my best this past and coming year to budget like stinkn' crazy and get rid of all my loans soooo....
....well the other night me and my Daddy were going over the numbers (ugh...and I teach Economics!!!) and it doesn't look like an Annual Pass is going to be able to be in the budget!!!! :fit::pout: What's a girl to do? I mean I realize that probably half the people on this intercot don't have passes..but but but...once you have a PASS it's so hard not to have one again!!!!
...so I am going to ask all those who DON'T have one; how do you coup? How often do you go? How do you afford it? Should I just go to the special event parties and get my "kicks" then!? HELP...I might need a support group once the pass expires. Gracious what am I gonna do w/o my fix???!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sob::sob:

me...
08-22-2007, 08:35 PM
I know being a school teacher you have little to no free time and this won't make up for your pass but I know in the past if you become a sports enthusiast (http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/) and if you volunteer for at least 3 shifts within one calendar year you get a 1 day 1 park ticket. Granted it's not a park hopper and sometimes you're doing more than the ticket is worth. But I have done it in the past and had a blast to help out a cause and you meet alot of fun people. Send me a PM if you want more info.

-Christie

Ian
08-23-2007, 09:57 AM
I have no idea what your personal situation is, how close you live to WDW, etc., but have you considered applying for a part time job there. I know you don't have to work many shifts a month to qualify for free theme park admission.

Maybe you could pick up a shift or two to basically "pay" for your admission?

ibrowse17
08-23-2007, 10:24 AM
School teachers here as well, and we put $10 a week aside for our AP's. You could also check out Florida residence passes for a bit cheaper idea. I had them in the past when I was a Sunshine Stater, and seemed to work out ok with school schedules.:thumbsup:

bleukarma
08-23-2007, 10:32 AM
I’m going through the same thing, except I never had a pass. I planned on buying my first one next month but after careful thought and consideration I thought that I shouldn’t spend the money. But I’m so disappointed since I hyped myself up for having my first one! Oh well…one day!

I too live in Tampa and I have thought about working at WDW part time on the weekends, or even the reservation center here in Tampa.

I think I might buy another 3 day FL resident ticket though. It’s cheaper then the pass and it gives me three more days of enjoyment. I know…it’s nothing like having the freedom of the pass but it’s something! I still have one day left on my last one I bought in June that I plan on using in September for my aunts birthday. I know it sounds stupid because for the price of the two 3 day passes I could’ve paid for a pass but $120 is a lot easier for me to shell out at one day then the $250 price of the (season) pass. Something to think of!

me...
08-23-2007, 04:03 PM
To be considered part time with the company you have to work 2 days per week. And with that you get yourself in for free whenever you want as well as a maingate pass which gets 3 people in 12 times a year.

If you go Seasonal you usually only have to work only 2 or 3 times I'm not sure if it's per month or even per year. You get your id for a year and you also get a main gate which gets 3 people in 6 times a year. So that is also something to talk about.

bleukarma
08-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Also, I just found out that if you purchase a 3 day FL resident ticket and decide to upgrade to a pass then the entire price of the ticket is applied toward the pass. Even if you use a day or two the entire $125 will be credited toward the price of the pass. Now I’m still considering getting one next month. I thought only the 1 day I had left would apply. So it would spread out the cost a little. You could buy a 3 day pass one month and then upgrade to a season pass another. The only drawback is the pass expires on the first day you use the 3 day ticket, not the day you buy the pass. But…if you don’t want to spend the entire amount at one time, it’s an option. :mickey:

anewvision
08-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Stay home this year and save $5.00 a week. So
next year you can buy your AP. pitiful

I myself need to renew 7 APs in january. (by
12-16-07 we will have used current APs 45
days this year all stays on proerty) But not
to worry, I picked the easy way out in life, no
collage. Just started a little construction
business 26 years ago.