PDA

View Full Version : Rooms at POFQ

dmewd
08-22-2007, 04:46 PM
We are planning our next trip for March, 2008. :cloud9: We are looking at trying POFQ this time, since the pool we be undergoing rehab at CBR. Was just wondering since POFQ is smaller and quaint if there is really any difference between a Standard and a Waterview? Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

AuntDJ
08-22-2007, 05:58 PM
First~ Welcome to Intercot!!!:welcome:

2nd~ I LOVE LOVE LOVE POFQ!! I have never stayed in a waterview room so I cannot speak to that, but I love that everything is sooo close here. The pool is great and the waterslide is fun!

The food court has a nice variety of food and the beinets are really good!

have fun!
DJ

moe513
08-22-2007, 06:24 PM
PoFQ is beautiful and the small resort has many perks. Since there are no balconies I dont understand the benifit of the better view. We had a garden view. As long as your not looking at a parking lot I think both are good.

BritCody
08-22-2007, 06:32 PM
We love POFQ. We have stayed and had both a Garden View and a Water View. The Garden view was nice, but the Water View we had was something extra special. We had a first floor room right along side the river. It was beautiful. Every morning opening the door to the river view and there was always a family of ducks waiting. It was a very special view

Horizon93
08-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Love POFQ! I have only had a garden view, but have walked along the river many times. I think that a water view would be really nice. You will love this place!

garymacd
08-22-2007, 09:09 PM
We have stayed in both water view and garden view. We never overlooked the pool, though. The garden views are fine. I have never actually seen the parking lot from the rooms. They are well camouflaged by a high tree screen. The gardens are actually more beautiful than the view of the river. You just won't see the boats or the horse drawn carriages. Relax on that issue. If you are looking for a King bed, they are only available with the standard view.

Relax, anywhere you get placed in the resort you will love it. It is beautiful, quiet, quaint and with jazz music to calm the savage soul and beignets to quiet the...aww forget it! Just eat 'em. They're not good for you; but they are good!

CleveRocks
08-22-2007, 10:59 PM
We are planning our next trip for March, 2008. :cloud9: We are looking at trying POFQ this time, since the pool we be undergoing rehab at CBR. Was just wondering since POFQ is smaller and quaint if there is really any difference between a Standard and a Waterview? Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:
At POFQ, exactly like at CBR, the only difference between a standard room and a water view room is that in a water view room you have a view of water (either river or pool). The name speaks for itself.

At both resorts, a water view room puts you neither closer nor farther from other parts of the resort ... the only advantage is the view. The large size of CBR and the small size of POFQ have nothing to do with it.

kakn7294
08-22-2007, 11:15 PM
If you plan to spend time in your room staring out the window at the view you have, then it's worth paying for the water view but you will not be guaranteed a view of the river - your water view could be of the pool. However, if you are like us and only use the room to sleep, shower, and store your stuff, the standard view rooms, even parking lot views (which are semi-obscured by gardens anyway) are just fine.

Rodders
08-23-2007, 09:23 AM
The view isn't important to me as there is no balcony.

I just called to book POFQ for next year and the rep on the phone sold me a guranteed King Size bed for £112UK (about $225USD). I'm wondering if I should bother. Virgin Holidays said that I needen't bother as you can simply request a king size bed.

Anyone know how likely I am to get a king size if I request it rather than paying to guarantee it?

dmewd
08-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks so much for all the information! It has all been very helpful. We can't wait!:D:yay:

CleveRocks
08-23-2007, 04:36 PM
The view isn't important to me as there is no balcony.

I just called to book POFQ for next year and the rep on the phone sold me a guranteed King Size bed for £112UK (about $225USD). I'm wondering if I should bother. Virgin Holidays said that I needen't bother as you can simply request a king size bed.

Anyone know how likely I am to get a king size if I request it rather than paying to guarantee it?If you want a king bed room, reserve it and pay for it. And while you're at it, consider not taking any more advice on Disney World from Virgin Holidays. Here's why ....

POFQ has about 1,000 rooms. It has precisely 62 rooms with king size beds. Only 62 rooms with king size beds. Only about 6% of the rooms come the way you want ... I'd pay extra to guarantee one of those few rooms, if I were you! I think the odds are very very low that you can just go in and request something, something in very short supply, that others already had the opportunity to tie up and guarantee for themselves.

Spend the money, make the king bed reservation, and keep coming back here for pointers!;)

:rocks:

Rodders
08-23-2007, 06:01 PM
If you want a king bed room, reserve it and pay for it. And while you're at it, consider not taking any more advice on Disney World from Virgin Holidays. Here's why ....

POFQ has about 1,000 rooms. It has precisely 62 rooms with king size beds. Only 62 rooms with king size beds. Only about 6% of the rooms come the way you want ... I'd pay extra to guarantee one of those few rooms, if I were you! I think the odds are very very low that you can just go in and request something, something in very short supply, that others already had the opportunity to tie up and guarantee for themselves.

Spend the money, make the king bed reservation, and keep coming back here for pointers!;)

:rocks:

Hey, thanks for the info. We would, no doubt have been dissapointed. I'm really glad you pointed out the stats to me.

Intercot does indeed rock. I'm going to call in the morning to book the room with the king size. :mickey:

Thanks again :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
08-24-2007, 09:29 AM
We once had a room that overlooked the parking lot and the experience was absolutely NO different than a room with a better view. The windows don't open ( I think) and we never even looked out the window. Most of the time we are out and when we are the room, I keep the curtains drawn;)

brownie
08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
We had a water view overlooking the river, but it without a balcony, I don't think it makes much difference. If you spend most of your time in the parks, you might as well go for the standard view.