PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Picture Place!

BrerSchultzy
08-22-2007, 04:27 PM
This is my honest-to-goodness 1000th post, and I wanted to make it special.

When I go to WDW in June 08, I'll be experiencing something I've never experienced before. Being a dad in WDW. Our little boy, Sam, is due in December, and my entire family is headed down when Sam is 6 months old.

So, what I want to know is, where in the World were your favorite pictures taken?

I know we'll take his picture in front of the castle, but where else do I ABSOLUTELY need a picture of Sam, DW and myself?

Thanks Intercot, for everything!

DunkieKong
08-22-2007, 04:43 PM
My fav. spots for pics are:

In the shop in Norway with the giant troll.

In the Wilderness Lodge standing next to the totem pole.

And the best picture spot ever is obviously right in front of the castle.

iheartmickey
08-22-2007, 05:13 PM
One of my favorite spots for a picture is in the MK as your walking from Tomorrowland towards the 'hub' on the right hand side is a walk way towards the castle. It's an awesome picture place. We had a photopass guy stop us as we were walking by and asked us to walk down there for a pic. It's now my favorite spot!

I also love to have our picture taken in Epcot at night with Spaceship Earth glowing behind us! So pretty! :cloud9:

MrPeetrie
08-22-2007, 05:47 PM
I also love to have our picture taken in Epcot at night with Spaceship Earth glowing behind us! So pretty! :cloud9:

I agree. This makes for such a picturesque photo. Take it with the fountain and the Epcot Ball in the background at night with all the lights on. It should be beautiful!

Tink#64
08-22-2007, 11:40 PM
We have several of those exact shots from Epcot at night. Just beautiful. During the day there are so many pretty places in Epcot for pix. I love to take pix in the WS & around the lagoon. Epcot also has the Character Connection & you can get to see so many of the characters in one place. When we did this, we had absolutely no wait! It was wonderful! No rush, no one was waiting for us to hurry up! Lots of one on one time, and many adorable pix!

The Castle is first, we are among the ones that actually like the hat at MGM, I love it, so we always get a few in front of it.

Another really good photo op is beside the Christmas shop at DTD. We had my DM take one of us there, it's a cute Holiday snow scene with characters, we put it in our Christmas cards! Another cute pic in DTD is in front of the Lego Loch Ness Monster, totally a boy thing! We take one of DS's there every trip!

Enjoy making those memories of your son's first trip!:magic:

Queen Stephanie
08-23-2007, 12:24 AM
First of all, congrats on the 1000 posts!!!:congrats::
Now, all the spots above are wonderful
places for pictures, but don't forget
the resorts. For instance, the Poly
has absolutely breathtaking spots inside
and outside for photos. Each year that
we come home, our photos of O'Hana
and the Poly Resort and grounds are
always our favorite. There is a lagoon
outside with a boat dock, a volcano
pool, beautiful landscaping, waterfalls,
tiki torches and furnishings, which
makes you feel like you are in a tropical
paradise. Trust me, you will love it...
especially when you gaze across the lagoon
and you spot a vision of the castle...
Great spot for photos. :mickey:

Disney_pups2
08-23-2007, 02:47 AM
OH... so cool... We are FINALLY going to be able to do the same with our first son Jer. He is going to be 2 next month but probably won't go for a while still. Anyways, I would say If you stand in the right spot on the main street there in MGM studios and hold him up, if the photographer does it right then it will look like he is wearing the big hat on his head. Did this one year and it was TOO COOL... also I would say In front of Epcot ball, great signification of your bright future together and there are some great water falls back behind Canada that makes a great green and relaxing family picture that are usually great later for handing out, France in front of the flowers with Tower behind you. In front of the "cinderella" and birds statue in the Kingdom, and in front of the miniature houses in Mickey's toon town.
There are several great spots, too many to name with the wonderful landscaping for taking pictures of just baby or the family in front of. Just look around and find benches with flowers surrounding them or greenery, maybe some exotic plants and then snap away. If it is bright out, have everyone close their eyes until you say three then open them and smile at once so there isn't a lot of blinking too.... Great tip for Florida pictures..lol. Have a blast with baby!
Sarah k

RAIDER
08-23-2007, 03:48 AM
Entrance of Main Street and Entrance of Epcot :thumbsup:

jwallace378
08-23-2007, 07:38 AM
There's a spot coming out of Tomorrowland looking towards the castle that is a great spot. My favorite is in front of SSE at night when it has that purple hue to it.

Figgyluv03
08-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Mine is the sign going into Adventureland. My dad has a picture of him sitting on it before I was born, then theres one of me, and I can't wait to get back and get one of my boyfriend and I!

Momof2boys
08-23-2007, 10:53 AM
On our last trip, we were lucky enough to ride in the front of a monorail. The "pilot" asked if he could take our picture, so we gave him our camera. He waited until another monorail was coming towards us and then snapped the picture. It looks like we're flying because up by the tree tops and you can see the other monorail coming towards us. It's our favorite picture of the entire trip !

BBrinkman
08-23-2007, 10:56 AM
My parents always made me and my two sisters pose in front of the tiki statues in Adventure Land. You know, the ones close to the Jungle Cruise ride. We've got a picture there from every year we've gone and when we go in 2008, I'll have a picture for the first time with my wife and 2 year old son! Ahhh....memories.....:mickey:

WDWgoofy
08-23-2007, 01:26 PM
We always get a picture of my daughters in front of the flowers that form a Mickey image outside MK behind the train station.
:mickey:

ncscgirl2005
08-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Anyways, I would say If you stand in the right spot on the main street there in MGM studios and hold him up, if the photographer does it right then it will look like he is wearing the big hat on his head. Did this one year and it was TOO COOL... Sarah k

This is what I was going to suggest also. We did this and it looked great!
And of course you have to get one with the castle. Like one poster said, right by the bridge going into Tomorrowland is a fantastic photo op. That's the photo we used to send out to all our family. Oh and another poster suggested the Poly. I totally agree. Those beautiful grounds are spectacular as backdrops.

huzzah4
08-23-2007, 03:21 PM
I've got to say that one of my favorite spots is in Animal Kingdom. As you walk across one of the bridges on the way to the Kilimanjaro Safari ride, there if you look to the right there is a view down the river and across the lagoon of Expedition Everest. It looks just like the real mountain. Of course, you have to love the Stormtroopers on the top of MGM's (Oops, I mean Hollywood's) entrance during a Star Wars weekend.

BrerSchultzy
08-24-2007, 10:18 AM
These are great! Thanks everybody. I hadn't thought of taking a picture of the three of us in the same spot as older pictures of me and my wife. There's a great picture of the two of us at Pirates that we'll have to "update".

A friend on a non-Disney site (I know, I don't know why I'd bother either) said I had to get our picture taken with the Goofy Statue in front of Tony's Town Square restaurant, and every time we go, we take a picture of Sam with that statue, so he can grow up with Goofy. Pretty cool.

KylesMom
08-24-2007, 10:40 AM
One of our favorites that we have taken year after year is Mickey in the Judge's Tent and Camper Mickey at Camp Mickey-Minnie. :mickey:

Congrats, Steve! :mickey:

k_reile
08-24-2007, 11:13 AM
how about a family picture taken with mickey and minnie...they are the reason why you are there after all :mickey:

#1donaldfan
08-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Our "normal" place is also our favorite....in front of MK perfectly centered.....can't think of a trip without that pic....

McGoofy
08-26-2007, 06:55 PM
:congrats: Congrats on the 1000th post! That's a lot of posts!:D

My favorite spot was the Flick bug statue that was in the food court area by the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground at MGM. The reason it was my favorite was because the very first time we took our son, he was 11 months old. He stood right beside Flick, and I took his picture. The next time we went back I took another one, and I realized how much he had grown in a year. Then it hit me that I should do that every time we go back, and it could be like a growth chart. So I did. We have been there many times in the last 9 years, and I have lots of pictures with my son and Flick. However, I just noticed that the last time that we went, Flick was not there anymore.:cry: I was sad because I couldn't get my picture that had become a tradition.

With that said, maybe since you are going as a new dad this next trip, you could find a spot that you could get a repeat picture trip after trip and see how your son grows each time. ...but pick something that you think may stay there a long time!;)

Also, you had asked about a spot for the 3 of you to have photo taken. Outside the Carousel of Progress, there is a fixture that has the name of the ride on it, as well as the year. We like to take our family picture there since it is dated.

playdead88
08-26-2007, 07:07 PM
of course in front of the castle and by the fountains at epcot but also:

for a great holiday pic there is a spot at DTD where goofy and mickey statues are covered in snow and there is a happy holidays banner behind you

then there is a great spot in morocco at world showcase and at the fountains at france

on the bridge at AK with mt everest in the background or on the bridge in front of the tree of life

wow i could go on forever!! :mickey:

Exo
08-26-2007, 08:10 PM
On the speeder bike outside Star Tours. One every trip :thumbsup:

EmisDisneyMom
08-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Favorite spot.....next to Mickey :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Don't forget to try on all the headwear that you can put on your little one and snap a picture. We put the Canadian Moose and Racoon hats (http://family.webshots.com/album/558746007IfUtbD?start=192) on our DGD. We also did princess ears and mickey ears. These are always fun photos.

The Flying Dutchman
08-27-2007, 10:02 AM
A great place to take pics is the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. As you wind around the exterior up in the tree, you get fantastic views. During the day, you can get a pic of you and the family with the entire MK spread out behind you. At night, the castle lit up makes a great picture with all the surrounding lights!
Combine the scenery with the fact that it is not too heavily traveled so you can get the "perfect" pose and picture makes this a must do picture location
:pirate:

BrerSchultzy
08-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Don't forget to try on all the headwear that you can put on your little one and snap a picture. We put the Canadian Moose and Racoon hats (http://family.webshots.com/album/558746007IfUtbD?start=192) on our DGD. We also did princess ears and mickey ears. These are always fun photos.

Why hadn't I thought of that? Everywhere DW and I go, we take pictures of ourselves in silly hats. Everywhere. Even Target.

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody. This is fun!

carley
08-28-2007, 06:48 AM
hey congrats.... a new baby

wonderful news

Jeff G
08-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Great news about the little boy due soon, enjoy every moment & :congrats: on 1000!

This is a fun post to read. My suggestion is to take a lot of pictures of the three of you and the one you least expect to turn out will. Last year my wife snapped a picture of me with my three kids in the Mexico pavilion wearing sombreros and it turned out awesome.

We always get a family shot on the path that runs between the Tree of Life and the river. There are a few waterfalls that make for an excellent backdrop and the path is usually pretty quiet.

beksy
08-31-2007, 08:58 PM
This doesn't help but just reading the posts brought back so many memories of my sister's early trips to WDW (she's 6 years younger). I remember before they changed the Mickey area of the MK (I can't remember the name for some reason? :blush:), they had all these tiny little building fronts. They were like business, houses, etc. and each had a step or something in front. Anyway, for those of you who remember, they were the perfect size for a toddler or young child to stand in front of or sit down on the step. Beka (my sister (my name is in her honor!)) used to insist on sitting in front of each of these for her picture at least once each trip and often more than that. So we have pictures of how she changed from year-to-year by looking at these pictures. Of course after the 2nd time each trip dad pretended to take the pic but Beka was satisfied and I got to go on "big-girl" rides with Mom while she was occupied! :thumbsup: Ah, the memories. This is our first trip together alone and we're going to WDW (at 25 and 19!) Can't wait for more pics and memories! :cloud9:

EmmMOM2
09-01-2007, 07:58 AM
The bridge outside Crystal palace in the MK. After breakfast their the park was still closed to guests for another 10 min so we got to take pictures on the rbidge overlooking the water with NOONE in the backround at all it was great. Good castle shots can be taken at this time too. :)