PDA

View Full Version : I need help with countdown ideas!

wdwcarrie
08-22-2007, 03:19 PM
So...I posted our trip announcement the other day. Here's the deal...DH & I are going to the World this June with two of our best friends, a couple who haven't experienced WDW since they were kids (we're all late 20s-early 30s now). We're all excited, but DH & I are particularly excited to share WDW with our friends. :mickey:

To that end, we want to send "countdown packages" when our "days-left-till-Disney-World" reaches a milestone number (i.e., 300, 250, 200). I need about 6 ideas (but if I get more ideas, I can send more packages) and I knew Intercot was the place to ask. Anything to add to the planning magic! Here's what I have so far:

*A CD of Disney park music (I'm already burning my favorites)
*Ordering the custom maps from the WDW site
*The planning DVD
*Envelopes and Disney stickers to prepare for Mousekeeping tips.

I can't wait to hear what Intercotees come up with! :thumbsup: Thank you in advance!

mook3y
08-22-2007, 03:41 PM
:goofy: Gwarsh...

Sounds fun!

Things that came to mind besides the ones you already thought of...

Disney Dollar(s)
Disney themed postcards (could write a message from Mickey ;) )
Small Disney plush.
Make sure to use the Disney stamps that are currently out when you mail packages.
Disney pins.
Make mickey shaped cookies.

hmmm running out of ideas, but there are a few, I am sure other very creative ideas will be along soon!

tealady
08-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Don't laugh but I am going to Walt Disney World in October and I started packing my suitcases two or three months ago!

Not toothbrushes or underwear mind you!

I bought some really cute "Disney" postcards at our local dollar store for ten cents each and I am addressing them and putting the stamps on now!

I know that this job would not get done if I waited until we got to the park but right now it is really exciting!

Everytime I go shopping I buy Disney "souvenirs"! The dollar store, again, is a great place to go!

:mickey:

BrerSchultzy
08-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Go ahead and check out the Mickey Mail Sticky at the top of Mousellaneous....maybe somebody will send your friends a postcard from WDW.

Some of my favorite ideas are:

Find some autograph books on Ebay or Disney.com (adults will have JUST as much fun with them, I promise).
The Disney CDs are great, and if you want some background music, google Mouse Bits.
Your favorite Disney Planning book (Birnbaum, Unofficial Guide, etc.)--make sure to highlight the things YOU are most excited about.
Get the menus for the restaurants you're going to, and "fancy them up" with Publisher or Word.
Start a scrapbook (a small one), and tell your friends they have to fill it in with pictures when you get there.
Send a pineapple, and tell them it's hard to believe that a simple pineapple could be turned into the wonder that is Dole Whip! (maybe that's a bit crazy).
Disney Trivia or Disney Scene-It (if it's not too pricey).
The Hidden Mickeys book

Have fun!

mook3y
08-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Go ahead and check out the Mickey Mail Sticky at the top of Mousellaneous....maybe somebody will send your friends a postcard from WDW.

Some of my favorite ideas are:

Find some autograph books on Ebay or Disney.com (adults will have JUST as much fun with them, I promise).
The Disney CDs are great, and if you want some background music, google Mouse Bits.
Your favorite Disney Planning book (Birnbaum, Unofficial Guide, etc.)--make sure to highlight the things YOU are most excited about.
Get the menus for the restaurants you're going to, and "fancy them up" with Publisher or Word.
Start a scrapbook (a small one), and tell your friends they have to fill it in with pictures when you get there.
Send a pineapple, and tell them it's hard to believe that a simple pineapple could be turned into the wonder that is Dole Whip! (maybe that's a bit crazy).
Disney Trivia or Disney Scene-It (if it's not too pricey).
The Hidden Mickeys book

Have fun!
Woot, Just wanted to say congratulations on making 1000 ghosts, err I mean posts.

Ok so at the moment says 999.

But reply to this and you will become the 1000 ghost... er post...

Got HM renovations on the brain... can you tell?

BrerSchultzy
08-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the congrats!

This reply would have been #1000, but I had plans for that post.

Thanks again! :mickey:

Anborn
08-22-2007, 04:59 PM
maybe photos/slideshow with common characters you may see at the park. or tidbits of information about each character (how to tell chip&ale apart, etc. etc.).

mickey&missy
08-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Like love the ideas of Mickey cookies, park music and pins. You can get quite a bit of WDW merchandise on Google, you maybe able to get lanyards and start one for them!

Good luck!

Tink#64
08-22-2007, 11:19 PM
You could order matching Disney T shirts for all of you. Buy them a guide book and plan some meal experiences with them, or "100 Things You Never Knew About Walt Disney World". I love when I find things at the dollar stores like Disney ink pens & note pads. Make up a Seek & Find or word scramble with Disney attractions. Get the Magic Kingdom board game & share an evening playing it!

There are so many cool things you can do to share your excitement with them! Think of how much fun it's going to be for - you sharing what you love with people you love!:magic:

J.T.Toad
08-25-2007, 10:37 AM
We had our girls make a paperchain , They would color each months links a different color. They kept it in there room and after each day passed they took off a link. When it got down to 30 days we brought it in the living room. That same day I would get the suitcasses down from the attic.

k_reile
08-25-2007, 09:21 PM
get together with your friends and have a cookout. I have seen mickey head hamburgers and mickey head (small) pieces of cheese at the grocery store. Too bad they do not have mickey shaped buns.