PDA

View Full Version : Thanks !!

motherhamv
08-22-2007, 10:14 AM
:thumbsup:A few weeks ago, I asked advise about taking DD out of school for 2 days. I want to say thanks :mickey: to you for your advise. I talked to DD's teacher Monday, and it turns out she will be out of town the same time. I worried for nothing. She said the same thing I heard here: It's a life lesson. Now, I can get truly excited about our trip !! :yay:

glenpreece
08-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I wished my parents would've taken me out of school for a WDW trip. Although they never took me at all, lol. My Dad's a teacher and will not take time off for a trip during the year but he doesn't care if the kids do.

faline
08-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Glad it all worked out for you!

Darbylew
08-22-2007, 10:41 AM
That is great now you can go and really enjoy
your trip. Have a FUN time! :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2007! :D

murphy1
08-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I do the same with two and three day trips being in GA. I see you are in St. Pete, I grew up there! I have some friends who teach down there in Pinellas ( we all went to school together for our degrees) it would be funny if one of them was your dd's teacher. Have fun!! I wish my drive was still an hour and 10 min as opposed to seven I do now! Someday I will be back in the area or have a second place.

martinfamily5
08-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Murphy 1, I grew up in Tarpon Springs (Pinellas County).

Anyway, about taking the kids out of school, my grandmother once told me family time is more important and so we usually take our kids out for 3 days to go to Disney. It is the 3 right before fall break. It works very well for our family.