PDA

View Full Version : Croc-odile Hunting in the Parks

OogieBoogieMan
08-22-2007, 10:06 AM
We have been in the parks this week and found a new pasttime - croc hunting. My wife decided they would be great for our son who is 21 months old. I wasn't convinced, especially at $35 bucks a pair. The best part, however, is how easily they fall off of a baby. On at least three occasions we have looked down to see only one on his foot and then begin Croc hunt and at $17.50 a shoe you can bet I will find them. Last time around it we left them on the Mexico boat ride. So if you buy Crocs for your little ones keep an eye on them, I will pick up the first one I find on my trail that is the same size and color!

MMouse6937
08-22-2007, 10:13 AM
:D Funny!

I always feel bad when I see a little one in a stroller with one shoe, you wonder where they lost the other one and when the parents are going to notice!

BBrinkman
08-22-2007, 10:25 AM
I have a two year old and they do fall off. Word of advice. You can flip the strap on the back under itself and it'll keep the croc on a little better. Hopefully that'll work a little better for you!

Darbylew
08-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Sorry your little one kept losing his crocs. I
think that is always the case with little ones
losing their shoes or socks of any kind. Hope
you have better luck next time. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
08-22-2007, 11:43 AM
MY son lost his hat and X Loop Sunglasses on a ride.....actually didn't lose, but left......we finally got the hat back a month later, the glasses..???? not a big loss, and Disney seemed to go out of their way to get the property to us....that's why I LOVE DISNEY!!!

princessM0m
08-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Don't own a pair yet, but I was thinking, can you mark them with your name? At least they may have a better chance of ending up in Lost & Found and no one else would probably claim them.

mjesq
08-22-2007, 12:24 PM
HUGE Croc fan here - but my monkeys are a bit older (6 and 4)... Santa is bringing Mickey Crocs for both this Christmas - since our first trip is in Jan/Feb! Love that they go from water to land and clean up in the sink ...

BTW - $35 a pair??!!! There is a contract that retailers sign with Crocs that states they won't overprice them (they have to sell tham at $24 a pair for kids Cayman) Not that THAT helps much!

Putting their name in them is a great idea btw - I'll def be doing that!:mickey:

Lizzie
08-22-2007, 12:24 PM
When I read the title of your post I thought you were hunting for real crocodiles in the parks.

But you ment shoes. I think almost every time we go to the grocery store we loose a shoe. Usually I catch it right away but I have had to backtrack and its not fun. I can't imagine doing it in a park and on rides.

Imakejessicarabbitjelous
08-22-2007, 01:22 PM
$35 is steep compared to over here in the UK they are between £3 and £10 over here! :thumbsup: In some shops they are even cheaper!

garymacd
08-22-2007, 01:26 PM
HUGE Croc fan here - but my monkeys are a bit older (6 and 4)... Santa is bringing Mickey Crocs for both this Christmas - since our first trip is in Jan/Feb! Love that they go from water to land and clean up in the sink ...

BTW - $35 a pair??!!! There is a contract that retailers sign with Crocs that states they won't overprice them (they have to sell tham at $24 a pair for kids Cayman) Not that THAT helps much!

Putting their name in them is a great idea btw - I'll def be doing that!:mickey:

Maybe that is $ Canadian. Even with the US and Canadian dollars almost equal, we still seem to pay more for stuff.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-22-2007, 10:18 PM

Mickey crocs retail for $29.99, plus tax even from the Crocs website. The Disney Croclings sell for $34.99. Trust me, I wish I could get them cheaper as all three of my kids love Crocs, especially Disney ones. ;)

Maybe the OP got Mickey crocs. I would think so in WDW. I know we are prepared to get a few pairs next month. My DD flipped over the new Cinderella and Ariel Croclings. Of course, she has to have them both...lol.

teambricker04
08-23-2007, 03:12 PM
My son kept loosing his new green crocs... so he is still wearing his old blue ones (which are getting too small). I can't tear these shoes away from him!! He loves them... even if he does loose them on occasion.

I like them because he can put them on himself! (He's two).

I am going to be putting his name on them and flipping the strap! Great tips.

January-2007
08-24-2007, 06:26 PM
So if you buy Crocs for your little ones keep an eye on them, I will pick up the first one I find on my trail that is the same size and color!

Too funny! :mickey:

Stitchahula
08-24-2007, 06:58 PM
my sister bought my son his crocs to wear to disney. He found an easy way to make sure he doesn't loose them.....he's been wearing them on his hands around the house. What can I say he's really cute.:goof::silly:

bkfree
08-24-2007, 10:44 PM
If you check out crocs.com you will see that they have some new styles for kids that are designed to stay on their feet better. I think it is a new stretchy strap and styles with more straps.
We are also a crocs family. We all wear them and we all have different styles. ANd my daughter must have those Jibbitz to customize hers.
That was all we took to Disney and it was great. We've never lost one though, too funny.
Maybe some of the sports stick spray would help:blush:

mrsHerbie53
08-25-2007, 05:15 PM
My DS8 and I both just got Crocs and we love them!! Of course we had to Jibbitz them with Captain Jack too.

I read on another post that folks that fall in love with them and wear them all the time have worn their crocs out in a month or two. I am now trying to limit wearing them so I don't have to buy a new pair for my Oct trip. So be careful if your tread goes -- they probably will get slippy.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-25-2007, 11:56 PM
My nephew is good about keeping his on his feet. Except when he kicks them off to try on MORE shoes. I've created a shoe monster! I'll have to make sure we write his name on his Crocs.

McGoofy
08-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Santa is bringing Mickey Crocs for both this Christmas - since our first trip is in Jan/Feb! :

Word of advice for the Mickey crocs...I own a pair, and my son owns a pair. We both had cute Disney Jibbitz in our shoes. However, we discovered that they do not stay in the Mickey crocs like they do in regular crocs. Fortunately, we discovered this before going to Disney, and we were able to recover our lost Jibbitz. So, knowing that they don't stay in the Mickey holes, we took all of them out before our trip. The funny thing is when we were in line for a ride, we were talking to a kid behind us. He had on regular crocs, and he was talking to us about our Mickey crocs. I commented on how many Disney Jibbitz that he had in his crocs. He said to me, "Yeah, I keep finding them all over the park!" :DI guarantee they were Jibbitz that had fallen out of other people's Mickey crocs! So the moral of my story is, be careful with Jibbitz in Mickey crocs or you will be doing a Jibbitz hunt around the parks!;)

mjesq
08-27-2007, 04:48 PM
DD just asked me yesterday if she could use jibbitz in Mickey Crocs! I told her that I didn't think they'd stay in ... So I'm right once in a while ;)