PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Courtyard or Woods view

Alpha Jeanie
08-22-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm trying to decide if it is worth the money to book a Courtyard view-Bunk room at the Wilderness Lodge or if it is better just to go with a Woods view-Bunk room.

We had a Courtyard view-bunk room on our last trip and had a view of the pool that is by the Villas. Although it was pretty and we could watch alot of bunnies every morning, it was not that great of a view. I have booked our next trip for May 2008 for a
Courtyard view-Bunk again, but am thinking of changing it to a Woods view-bunk because it is $1000.00 extra for the courtyard view. I'm sure it would be nice to look out if we got the view of the main pool area, but is it worth $1000.00?

Please let me know what your experience is.

Also any tips on which wood-view rooms that are better to request would also help.
Thanks for any info.:mickey:

MartyS
08-22-2007, 11:11 AM
We stayed last March in a court yard view - w/ bunkbed on the 6th floor, and while it was a nice view of the Villa's pool, there wasn't $1000.00 worth of a view. Besides, we usually got back to the room late and there wasn't all that much to look out and see. Next time, I think we'll go with std view and use the $$ on something else. Just my opinion...

MickeyMousse
08-22-2007, 11:13 AM
We stayed at WL Villas as DVC members, and were very happy with our view of the woods! It was serene and quiet...which we really enjoyed after a day of being in the parks! In the morning we'd take our breakfast out on the balcony and it was sooo nice.....my boys eventually took it over as their "peace place" and my DH enjoyed spotting different birds in the trees.

Alpha Jeanie
08-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Ok, I was wrong. The saving to change from a Courtyard view-bunk room to a woods view-bunk room is not 1000.00 for a seven night stay, it actually comes out to $275.66. When I was comparing the pricing on Disney's web site, I was mistakingly :blush: comparing the price of the Deluxe room to the price of the woods-view and that was where the 1000.00 savings was.

I'm not sure if we will change from courtyard to woods afterall with just 275.00 savings but then again, that's almost the price of a nights stay. :confused:

Thanks to everyone who responded.:mickey:

boobalk
08-22-2007, 02:37 PM
As you can see from my signature, we LOVE the WL. We've had all views...MK view, Lodge view, Standard (woods) view, and Courtyard view, our fave was the Courtyard view! 4th floor overlooking the pool, Troutpass Bar, and Bay Lake. LOVED IT! We originally had a standard view, and was upgraded to a courtyard @ a $200 discount as we are Disney Visa cardholders. Most definitely a good move for us as we used our balcony alot to watch our other family members (DD, nephews, in-laws, etc...) around the pool and bar. But if your not planning much time in the room, it's probably not worth it! :mickey: