PDA

View Full Version : Major Pixie Dust Needed

Rosanne
08-22-2007, 12:01 AM
I did the disney college program in the fall of 2004. It was hands down the greatest experience of my life. I've been itching to get back down there ever since. Each trip has been more and more depressing. I desperately want to work for Disney. Every semester, I have applied for Disney Professional Internships and never got a response.

I went back to NYC to finish school after the CP. I also just started gradute school at NYU for Public Relations. I did several internships in the area. Today I got a call for a preliminary interview. Now I know it's just a preliminary, but it's as far as I've gotten in 6 semesters of applying.

I'm so nevous. I'm so worried that I won't portray myself correctly over the phone and I won't be able to verbalize my love for Disney and the company through the telephone.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me vent and please send some pixie dust my way.

mrsgaribaldi
08-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Good luck, loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: on the way.

vizsla
08-22-2007, 05:36 AM
:pixie: on the way. Hope everything works out for you.

Melanie
08-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Best of luck! I'm sure you will do great. :pixie:

brownie
08-22-2007, 07:04 AM
Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

Ten of Hearts
08-22-2007, 09:18 AM
I think it's great that you are majoring in public relations (esp. at a big university!) and have a great love of Disney. You will do GREAT! Be persistent!
:pixie:

bleukarma
08-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Good luck!!! You should do great!!!
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Rosanne
08-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the pixie dust guys! I am interviewing tonight around 7:30 pm. I'll post and let you know how it goes.

I just hope I can verbalize how I feel about the company :)

MsMin
08-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Sending :pixie: your way- think positive and think Disney ;) :pixie:

poeticeclipse
08-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the pixie dust guys! I am interviewing tonight around 7:30 pm. I'll post and let you know how it goes.

First off, i'm so excited for you! That's an amazing opportunity and many people would bend over backwards to get that type of job.

I'm not sure exactly how you want to come across to the interviewer. But, how would you verbalize your love for Disney to us? Those who understand it best. That's all you need to say to the interviewer. Exactly how you feel. Let them know that being able to be a part of the magic in any way, shape, or form, would be the dream of a lifetime. Afterall, that IS why you want the job so bad, right?

Good luck with everything!!! :pixie:

NJBelle
08-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Good luck! :tink: Pixie dust coming your way!

BrerSchultzy
08-22-2007, 05:16 PM

Best wishes to you! I hope you get it.

One quick word of warning though...I interviewed for CP and other jobs there years ago...and ended up working in the Disney Stores.

The one MAJOR thing I did wrong was to focus on how much I loved the company. They don't want fans, they want loyal employees. Talk ad nauseum about how much you RESPECT the company, but don't talk too much about how much you LOVE it. Make sense?

The reason being, if they make a decision that Disney fans disagree with, they'll hear about it from the fans...but they need their employees to be behind the decision. It's a Rational vs. Emotional thing.

Instead, focus on what makes YOU so special. That's what will get you the job. That's why you got picked for CP in the first place. That's how you got into grad school. Not because you loved Disney, but because you're good at what you do. Remember, there are MILLIONS of Disney fans out there....but there's only ONE you.

Again, best wishes. I hope you do great tonight. Your Intercot family will be thinking about you! :mickey:

mickey&missy
08-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Ohh!! Its 7:30 now! I hope your doing well!! :pixie:

Jeff
08-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Good luck!:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Rosanne, I wish you all the luck you can handle. I hope your dream comes true and you get the job.

Beast_fanatic
08-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Sorry that I'm late! Hope it went well! :pixie:

Christine
08-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Oooooo, how exciting! Good luck! :pixie:
:fingers:

BrerSchultzy
08-23-2007, 04:42 PM
How'd it go? I'm sure they didn't tell you anything definite on the phone yesterday, but I think we're all dying to find out what you thought of the interview. We're pulling for ya'. :mickey: