PDA

View Full Version : Toddler lap riding?

kbwatzka
08-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Hello -

My husband and I will be traveling with our kids (ages 7, 5, and 2) for the first time in January. I was wondering whether there would be room for my toddler to ride on my lap (or even next to one parent and another child) on the rides that don't have height restrictions. I'm thinking of rides like Pooh's Big Adventure, Buzz Lightyear, Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride, etc. . .

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks,
Kelly

mrsgaribaldi
08-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Yes, and adult and 2 young kids will easily fit on Pooh, Magic Carpets etc, rides like that. On Buzz there are only 2 guns so if the 2 year old is not going to shoot or the adult is not, you will all fit.:thumbsup:

Welcome to Intercot Kelly :wave:

bkfree
08-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Yes, the 3 of you can fit side by side, but I do not believe they allow a child to sit in your lap on any ride.

Andy_2002
08-22-2007, 08:20 AM
When first riding with my 9 month old DD, I sat her alongside me and was told by a Cast Member to put her on my lap.

I was normally carrying her in a front baby carrier around the parks, so after that I just sat down on each ride and she was automatically sat on my lap, and firmly strapped to me.

kbwatzka
08-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Thank you so much for your replies.

Kelly

teambricker04
08-22-2007, 01:59 PM
We have been to Disney a bunch of times with our now 2.5 yo. He has done really well on our laps on most of the rides. We are going with our 2 month old in Nov (He'll be 5 months at the time) and I too am going to use my front carrier to ease onto the rides better. I have never ever had any issues with having a child on my lap for any of the easy rides.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Some of them do have lap bars, like the Haunted Mansion. Then I'd put the child beside you. It won't squish them but it might be pretty uncomfortable. Welcome to Intercot.

Terra
08-22-2007, 09:47 PM
When first riding with my 9 month old DD, I sat her alongside me and was told by a Cast Member to put her on my lap.

I was normally carrying her in a front baby carrier around the parks, so after that I just sat down on each ride and she was automatically sat on my lap, and firmly strapped to me.

Me too with my 9 month old DS!!!
I wear him all over the parks!
What kind of carrier do you have??
I usually wear a Moby Wrap or Mei Tai.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Hello -

My husband and I will be traveling with our kids (ages 7, 5, and 2) for the first time in January. I was wondering whether there would be room for my toddler to ride on my lap (or even next to one parent and another child) on the rides that don't have height restrictions. I'm thinking of rides like Pooh's Big Adventure, Buzz Lightyear, Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride, etc. . .

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks,
Kelly

Hi Kelly

Our kids were 9,6 and just shy of 3 last year. I would take the youngest and one of the boys (so three of us ;)) and my husband would take the other in another "car".

In rides like Pirates they would give our family of 5 two rows, even though we would fit more then comfortably in one row with three being kids. I guess those are the rules. We would tell the CM's that we could fit in one row. Some would let us and some would make us split up. Not a biggie..We would just laugh at the complex we would receive about the our family of 5 needing two rows. ;)

If your older ones like Splash Mountain, we were able to sit either me or DH with the two boys on either side. I like that since that means one of the boys are not sitting alone. Whichever parent is not riding the ride stays with our daughter.

Hope that helps. :mickey: I hope you have a great first trip. It will be here before you know it!

Andy_2002
08-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Me too with my 9 month old DS!!!
I wear him all over the parks!
What kind of carrier do you have??
I usually wear a Moby Wrap or Mei Tai.

Terra,

Mine is a Tomy Freestyle front carrier. DD can sit either facing forward or facing me. When she gets tired I turn her round and she goes to sleep with her head on my shoulder. I don't know how we would have coped without it.

RBrooksC
08-23-2007, 09:17 AM
I used the Baby Bjorn carrier. It was the more expensive carrier because I needed the lumbar support. My son is now 18 months old and I so do miss him in that carrier. Oh, and I guess I am a departure to the norm because my wife never used it. It stayed in my car and everywhere we went when he was a little baby, I would carry my son in the Bjorn.

As for the rides, unless there is something the specifically precludes him from going on a ride, he will be on the ride.

Now, if I could just make sure my wifes gets on those rides also... ;)

Von-Drake
08-23-2007, 12:27 PM
My son has ridden on my lap on several of the easy rides (Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, etc...) and we never had a problem at all.

Enjoy your trip.

Disney_pups2
08-24-2007, 03:57 AM
I agree with a few of the earlier posters. I would suggest a good front pack.. like a Mei Tai carrier or a hot sling of sorts, wrap. Something that is comfy for you and will be cooler and lighter to carry baby in. It allows for holding onto railing and all sorts of "safe" stuff while getting on the rides. I wish I would have known about them when taking my sister's kids...YIKES! They also work great for transportation part of the day.. baby can sleep and you can step and hold on with ease!!! Vonderbar! But yes.. we always sat the kiddos on our laps too and I will do the same with mine. Have a blast!
Sarah k

Lizzie
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Can kids ride in your lap on Dumbo?