PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Rewards

Mnchknbrat1982
08-21-2007, 07:01 PM
How far in advance from your trip should you order your visa rewards? I planned on using mine for drinks for us during that week in the park. We leave in 32 days. So I was thinking I need to order by Sept 1?

Here we go again...
08-21-2007, 07:12 PM
I would order it now. Sometimes you get it in right away and sometimes it takes a couple of weeks.

You can add to the same card while you are in Disney if you have more rewards after you get the card.

mttafire
08-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Another question concerning Rewards...After you get the card, Whats the time allowed to use it?

Here we go again...
08-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Another question concerning Rewards...After you get the card, Whats the time allowed to use it?

If you get one now, it should expire December 2008. Remember, if you order your card make sure you will use all of the rewards. Once the card expires, they are gone. We have never had that problem. :D

LovinWDW
08-21-2007, 10:40 PM
We just received our card (about 4 days after we ordered it online) I think it is good until December of 2008. Using our disney Visa will pay for our 3 AP's this year!:thumbsup:

mttafire
08-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Thats great..I had no idea it would last for over a year. I just assumed that once you order your rewards card it was only good for 2-6 months or so. This is good news!:mickey:

vizsla
08-22-2007, 05:40 AM
I just recently ordered my Disney Rewards card and it took almost 2-weks to receive the card. So to play it safe, I would order your card as soon as you can, and it will have an expiration date of 12/08.

brownie
08-22-2007, 07:07 AM
Order it now; it should have an expiration of 12/2008. You can always add more rewards to it later (until it expires; just make sure you use them before then.)

murphy1
08-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I agree, do it now, I like to do it 5 or 6 weeks prior to a trip. You have to have a certain # of points on your account to transfer them, too. I'm glad you posted this, I need to do this for our trip!

DisneyTeen
08-22-2007, 07:56 AM
I ordered my points 3 weeks before my last trip. The points didn't come in in time and I was told to go to downtown disney, in the hallway type of thing between the sports store and the glass store, where they guy makes the things out of glass using fire and you can watch. (I believe its also in the same area where you get your BBB pictures) From there I was told to give an account number and I was given a rewards card right there on the spot. I don't know if this is something that you can do or if it was something that they do when you already have ordered your rewards card and it doesn't show up in time. But I was able to get the card right at DD.

teamblackwell
08-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi all,
I ordered my card on the 10th of August and it was in my mailbox on the 20th. My card and my customized map arrived on the same day!! that was fun.
See ya in the World (WDW),
Teamblackwell

Beast_fanatic
08-22-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't know if this is something that you can do or if it was something that they do when you already have ordered your rewards card and it doesn't show up in time. But I was able to get the card right at DD.

This is a valid option for getting your rewards card whether you ordered it and it did not arrive in time or if you have not ordered one at all. And, just to be clear, this is available at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney (location as described above).