PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing TS Restaurant

mulderxcoltrane
08-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Hello everyone - ok - we need some recommendations. We'll be on the DDP on our next trip and have one more TS credit yet unaccounted for. We have whispering canyon booked - but it seems as if everyone says the food is simply OK and instead raves about the atmosphere. Below - I will list the ADRs we've already made. In addition (based on tastes in our 8-person party) we need to stick to the following areas (in order of priority):

1) No seafood
2) meals that make using a TS credit worthwhile
3) preferrably dinner

Existing ADRs
1) O'Hanas
2) Planet HollyWood
3) Mama Melrose's
4) Chef MIckey's
5) Le Cellier
6) LIberty Tree
7) Garden Grill

Fire Away!

vamaggie
08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Kona Cafe

LauraF
08-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Chefs du France
Teppan Edo (if it's open - you didn't say when you're going)
Maya Grill

mulderxcoltrane
08-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Chefs du France
Teppan Edo (if it's open - you didn't say when you're going)
Maya Grill

Early December.

LoriMistress
08-21-2007, 06:17 PM
For CM I would suggest CP for breakfast or LTT for dinner.

As for other restaurants I would suggest maybe 50's PTC or Sci Fi Dine Inn.

Jared
08-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Besides 'Ohana, my next two favorite restaurants in Walt Disney World are Kona Cafe in the Polynesian and Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Kona Cafe is a traditional table service restaurants with incredible appetizers and an open dessert kitchen. The entrees are pretty delicious, too.

To start, I strongly recommend the crab cakes and chicken wings. My favorite main courses are the shrimp and scallops and the Mahi-mahi. If you like chocolate, the Kilauea torte is a killer finish.

Boma is an incredible buffet with especially delicious soups and interesting salads. Make sure to try a spoonful of several soups. I really like the salmon, but the prime rib is supposedly also great.

Good luck and happy dining!

:tasty:

mulderxcoltrane
08-21-2007, 06:40 PM
To start, I strongly recommend the crab cakes and chicken wings. My favorite main courses are the shrimp and scallops and the Mahi-mahi. If you like chocolate, the Kilauea torte is a killer finish.

:tasty:

These do sound good - but no one in our party eats seafood.

Jared
08-21-2007, 06:44 PM
These do sound good - but no one in our party eats seafood.
I saw that in your original post but forgot when I replied. Sorry! Still try one of the restaurants, though!

TheSorcererofFantasia
08-21-2007, 07:21 PM
In no particular order:

Boma at AKL
Beirgarten at Epcot
Chefs de France at Epcot
Grand Floridian Cafe at GF
Yacht Club Galley at YC
1900 Park Fare at GF
Rose & Crown at Epcot
Raglan Road at PI
Wolfgang Puck Cafe at DtD

kdsjjb
08-21-2007, 09:17 PM
BOMA - Hands down, no doubt.

We had a party of 9 the first time we went, and we had some reeaaalllly picky eaters.

I booked Boma without telling them what it was for fear of complaints, but everyone found something that they liked. All 9 people left there happy and full.

Big buffet, good selection, soups are fantastic, and the prime rib was awsome.

I say go gor it! :thumbsup:

Natazu
08-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Kona Cafe or Wolfgang Puck Cafe. Both of these have spectacular food and service. Awesome appetizers, entrees and desserts.