PDA

View Full Version : Passports

NewmanFamily6
08-21-2007, 05:00 PM
I know this isn't a big thing but our passports just came in the mail today:party:We aren't cruising until Jan but I was paranoid about not getting them in time. Just seems closer now:mickey:

ElenitaB
08-21-2007, 10:00 PM
With passports in hand, aren't you ready to start planning more trips abroad? I know that I am!

RobWreck
08-22-2007, 07:30 AM
How long did they take to arrive? I just dropped off my application at the Post Office on Monday... we're cruising 12/29, so that's more than 4 months from now. Did it really take more than 3 months, as my local post office advises?
Thanks,
Rob

TheDuckRocks
08-22-2007, 08:25 AM
With passports in hand, aren't you ready to start planning more trips abroad? I know that I am!

And here I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Even though we've never cruised before after I booked our Disney cruise we applied for our passports. When the passports came in the mail I was so excited I went to the travel agent and got brouchures for cruises to basically everywhere.:D
I now have a cruise booked to New England and Canada for Oct. 2008 and my sister and her hubby are going to be joining us from California for the trip and we are going to stay a couple of nights in New York City and go to a Broadway play.
AND the four of us are now waiting to see what itineraries for European cruises will be in 2009.
That little blue booklet has really become a very expensive item.

NewmanFamily6
08-22-2007, 11:48 AM
The Govt site is advising 12 weeks but we actually received ours in closer to 8. I think they are swamped and just trying not to disappoint folks.:mickey:

AbeeNormal
09-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey there,

Please excuse my newness. This is my first post. My family applied for passports on the 24th-ish of Aug. and we recieved all four Sept 17 - Needless to say we were shocked. Of course now I'm excited as ever. We are going on the 3day DW & 4day DC starting Jan 3rd.
From what I've heard here in CA the long waits seem to be subsided and the backlog is gone.

Good luck to all applying and hope to see you there :thumbsup:

RobWreck
09-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah, that reminds me... we got our passports over a week ago, so it looks like the Government is turning around passports in 3 weeks... far less than the 12+ weeks that have ben referenced.
Rob

GreenBeetle
09-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Yeah, that reminds me... we got our passports over a week ago, so it looks like the Government is turning around passports in 3 weeks... far less than the 12+ weeks that have ben referenced.
Rob

Ha! That's pretty funny to me. Ours took nearly 4 months. In fact, the day we came home from our recent cruise, there was a Fedex note on the door saying they tried to deliver them that day. :D

Tinkermom
09-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Rob

We just got ours in the mail yesterday! It took just TWO WEEKS! We went to the post office on 9/6 and got them 9/20! I had told the postal worker that I was reading online that some folks were getting their passports in 3 weeks without expediting them. She looked at me strangely and said that they MUST have expedited them. She then said that if we got ours in 3 weeks she wanted us to come back to tell her. Won't she be surprised! :D

Our cruise is not until February. It is nice to have one big thing done and checked off my list!:thumbsup:

pinkpebble83
09-21-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm so excited for you! Ours took over 3 months! I was ripping thoes envelopes open when I got them!!!! Have fun and happy planning.