PDA

View Full Version : Freaked about POP WARNER! Emailed TA...

streudel423
08-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Ok...I've been stressing ever since I found out Pop Warner will be staying at CBR this December. Earlier, I heard the moderate resort choice was POR and POFQ. I just emailed our TA to see if we can switch to CSR. Anyone else doing the same?:confused:

TammiMcMan
08-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Ok...I've been stressing ever since I found out Pop Warner will be staying at CBR this December. How did you find this out? According to our league and the Pop Warner website, there's been no releases yet on the Pop Warner accomodations package :confused:.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-22-2007, 11:53 AM
We stayed at CBR during Pop Warner week back in 2005, although at that time they stayed at the value resorts, so we didn't notice anything different at CBR.

Other than the Magical Express. The day we departed was a zoo. I think too many of the buses were transporting Pop Warner guests back to the airport that we had problems with people making their flights. We were lucky to get on a bus in time, but I know there were several people on our bus and who didn't make our bus that were going to miss flights because of Disney delays. I kept hearing apologetic CM's talk about the Pop Warner impact.

CBR is a big resort, if they are staying there, other than the pool area I would think you would be fine. We didn't really notice much difference in the parks.

ThanxForNoticin
08-22-2007, 12:31 PM
When they run these sporting events at Wide World of Sports (such a Pop Warner, baseball tournaments, basketball tournaments, etc), the participants, coaches, and even families have to stay at Disney on a package. From past experience, you will find most families will stay at the All-Star, Pop, or at an off-site 'good neighbor' hotel during the event. I'm sure you'll find some families and teams staying at CBR, but the percentage will be small. And as stated above, CBR is a large resort. I really don't think you need to stress over your resort.

moe513
08-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Cbr is designed so different than the values, I dont think it will be a big deal.

TammiMcMan
08-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I cannot get any confirmation that this is true, so I still don't know where the OP got this info from.

Unfortunately, it's been my experience that when people go into a vacation expecting a problem, they usually end up having a bad time. If the OP is more comfortable moving, then that's what they should probably do.