PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship Earth Question

WDW1985
08-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I was just wondering what they are changing/updating in SE besides taking the wand down? Unfortuntely, it will still be closed when we arrive in October. :mad: Oh well. I was just making sure that they weren't turning it into a roller coaster or something - wouldn't that be hysterical!?!?!?!? :laughing:

:mickey:

BrerSchultzy
08-21-2007, 02:24 PM
They aren't turning SE into a roller coaster....or into anything new at all. They are simply updating the technology and some of the scenes, and adding a "choose your own ending" to the final descent. There's a discussion of this over in the Rumors section, but I can't figure out how to link to it here.

Personally, I'm really excited...

though I'd be more excited if they'd bring back Tomorrow's Child.

P.S. Anyone remember when they were rumored to be turning it into a roller coaster, as part of the whole Discovery Land thing? Or am I imagining things again?

Victor Kelly
08-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Will be interesting to see.

jszczur5
08-22-2007, 01:40 AM
We will be in Disney in less than a week, so I will miss the new and improved Spaceship Earth.:cry:
So, I guess that means that we will absolutely have to go again next summer/fall so that I can experience it, and the new Haunted Mansion.

texasteacher
08-25-2007, 12:47 PM
We will be in Disney in less than a week, so I will miss the new and improved Spaceship Earth.:cry:
So, I guess that means that we will absolutely have to go again next summer/fall so that I can experience it, and the new Haunted Mansion.

The new Haunted Mansion? What are they doing to it?

jclightchasr
08-25-2007, 04:14 PM
They aren't turning SE into a roller coaster....or into anything new at all. They are simply updating the technology and some of the scenes, and adding a "choose your own ending" to the final descent. There's a discussion of this over in the Rumors section, but I can't figure out how to link to it here.

Personally, I'm really excited...

though I'd be more excited if they'd bring back Tomorrow's Child.

P.S. Anyone remember when they were rumored to be turning it into a roller coaster, as part of the whole Discovery Land thing? Or am I imagining things again?

What was tomorrows child?

CandleontheWater
08-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Tomorrow's Child was the totally awesome song that used to play at the end of Spaceship earth, which dissapeared around 1994, if I'm not mistaken.

iDisney
08-26-2007, 12:07 AM
That is a really good song. I have it on the Official Album of DisneyLand and Walt Disney World. Does anyone know who the singer was? I have always wondered about that.