PDA

View Full Version : Which to visit first?

MollyKat1527
08-21-2007, 12:09 PM
This is my first vacation to Disney World, so really what I know about it is from what people have told me and what I've read in the books I've read so far. My boyfriend and I are going in November and we are trying to figure out what order we should visit the parks in. We have the five day hopper tickets. Any thoughts?

KAJUNKING
08-21-2007, 12:14 PM
youve got to go to magic kingdom first, there is no feeling like when you make the turn down mainstreet and see the castle for the first time its priceless :thumbsup: i dont think it matters in which order you do the rest, just remember mk and epcot have the most to see, so you may want to dedicate 1 1/2 days to them and 1 day to the other 2, AK is really a half day park if you manage it right, good luck

Dave H
08-21-2007, 12:17 PM
For my money, there's nothing better than introducing someone to the Magic Kingdom first off, to get that look down Main Street. So I'd suggest starting with MK.

However, I would caution structuring your trip too much. Leave yourself some flexibility. With only five days you won't be able to see it all, but you're going to want to visit each of the four parks for sure. Unless you're into the shows and parades and such you likely won't need more than a half day for Animal Kingdom, so you can head back to EPCOT or some such after you're done there. If you want to maximize your time, you can follow the extra magic hour schedules for the morning/evening.

Also, which part of the month of November you go will have an effect on how much you can do. The closer you get to Thanksgiving, the more crowded it will get.

If you go into it realizing that it's impossible to "do it all" you'll enjoy the bits you do get to do even more, and you'll want to come back.

grumpyguy
08-21-2007, 12:26 PM
congrats on your first visit to wdw,i'm sure all of us are jealously happy for you!!like the others have stated,magic kingdom is the first park to visit first.it will make a disney person
feel like you're really there and help a not so disney obsessed person (like me) "understand"
what all the fuss is about...
mk is still the first park we visit when we go.
hope you have a great time!!
gg out:thumbsup:

bleukarma
08-21-2007, 12:27 PM
I agree, do the MK first if it's your first time!
Then I would look at the EMH schedule and see which parks open early or stay open late and plan around that.
Have fun! :mickey:

MollyKat1527
08-21-2007, 12:30 PM
[COLOR="Magenta"]Thanks for all the input![COLOR]

OctDisney
08-21-2007, 12:39 PM
I have to disagree with doing the Magic Kingdom first. If you are flying or driving after your wedding day, you will be tired. Trying to the Magic Kingdom, with say Spectromagic and/or fireworks, could be exhausting.

I would recommend doing AK the first day, since it closes by 5:00 pm. You will have to evening to relax and enjoy a nice meal together, then I would go to Magic Kingdom -day 2, Epcot - day 3, MGM - day 4 since this is close to Epcot, once done at MGM could go over to Epcot for dinner. 5th day I would start at MK and then see what happend.

disneymom15
08-21-2007, 01:02 PM
I agree with the majority, MK is a must do first. The feeling you get when you enter Main Street is magic.

ncscgirl2005
08-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Yep I can now speak from first hand experience. There is nothing like Magic Kingdom. You have to do that first! Also make sure you see Fantasmic at MGM. It's really worth it! Have a Blast! I wish I could be there in November too!

#1donaldfan
08-21-2007, 01:15 PM
I agree with most everyone........you HAVE to start with what started it all, at least in FL....Magic Kingdom........you are so lucky, we've already been there this year and unfortunatley have to wait till next July.......have fun.....

rnin02
08-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I think it depends on how you are getting there, what time of day you will arrive, how early you had to leave home, etc, etc. For example, this year we have to leave home by 5:30am to be sure we are at the airport in plenty of time. That means getting up real early to make sure we have enough time to get the dog walked, and any last minute stuff done. So, in our case, our first day will most likely be at MGM, which for us is a park we can do in less than a day. Especially since Rock n Roller Coaster will be in rehab:(

Anyway, I think you definitely need a full day for MK, and at least one full day, if not 1 1/2 days at Epcot. I personally can breeze thru MGM, but I love to spend a full day at AK. So I would probably do MGM, MK, AK then Epcot world showcase for dinner and Illuminations, then Epcot again. Or something like that. But remaining flexible is always easiest!

MickeyandTink
08-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Definitely MK.

Even if you are too tired to stay more than a couple of hours, you really need to go there first to "feel" the magic.

KylesMom
08-21-2007, 03:06 PM
I, like many others, would have to say Magic Kingdom.

Although we've now been to Disney World countless times, we switched our schedule around this summer due to Star Wars Weekends. We visited Disney-MGM Studios our first day of arrival, but it just wasn't the same.

Even after being up before 3 am, we ended up leaving the Studios so that we could experience the wonder of MK our first day. It truly is the most magical park! :mickey:

Since you have park hoppers, there's no reason why you couldn't
1) Go to MK your first day (even for awhile)
2) Spend your second day (morning) at Animal Kingdom & hit Epcot in the evening for dinner and Illuminations
3) Journey back to Magic Kingdom on your third day, visit MGM in the evening for Fantasmic
4) Epcot in the am, followed by MK in the evening for SpectroMagic & Wishes
5) Pick your favorite parks and visit each of them!

Since I don't have your exact dates, I can't recommend EMH - I definitely would take a look at them when you are planning your days!

jsdt
08-21-2007, 03:11 PM
One thing I would disagree with some of the others on. We have a hard time doing MGM in 1/2 a day. Since there are shows to see which take 30 minutes each and only happen at certain times (i.e. Indiana Jones, Beauty & Beast, Lights Motors Action) we actually find that it takes most of the day. It's not as hectic a day as in EPCOT and MK since we aren't running quickly from ride to ride, but if you go to all the shows and do all the rides it can take most all the day.

jwallace378
08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
I always head to MK first thing and walk down Main St. and head left to PotC.

LoriMistress
08-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Normally, I plan which parks will be the less crowded that day. I hate dealing with people.:mickey:

mttafire
08-21-2007, 07:20 PM
youve got to go to magic kingdom first, there is no feeling like when you make the turn down mainstreet and see the castle for the first time its priceless :thumbsup: i dont think it matters in which order you do the rest, just remember mk and epcot have the most to see, so you may want to dedicate 1 1/2 days to them and 1 day to the other 2, AK is really a half day park if you manage it right, good luck
I agree 100%. For us M.K. is a two day park and even sometimes 2.5 days. Epcot is always for us a 1.5 day park.:thumbsup:

mickey&missy
08-21-2007, 08:47 PM
I completely agree that you should MK first. Walkinjg on to Main Street for the first time is truely the most magical experience! Enjoy planning and your trip!

teambricker04
08-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I agree... there is nothing like MK. You MUST get there early to see the performance for the opening of the park. I get all weepy just thinking about it. It feels so magical, like you are the first people ever to enter MK.

Have fun!!!

Brooklynos
08-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Congrats on planning your first trip. Remember, which ever order you go in, you won't see it all, there's something we haven't noticed every time we go. I love MK, but my husband's first stop is AK. Look at the park info, see what strikes you both and go with it. You'll love it either way. Have a great time!!!

jszczur5
08-22-2007, 01:36 AM
When most people think of Disneyworld, it's the Magic Kingdom and those attractions (the castle, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain) that they are thinking of - so you really should go there first.
Then you should go to EPCOT, followed by MGM, and then Animal Kingdom. The water parks are wonderful, but not a must for first timers.
I hope you have a trip of a lifetime.

DizNee143
08-22-2007, 09:38 AM
I have to disagree with doing the Magic Kingdom first. If you are flying or driving after your wedding day, you will be tired. Trying to the Magic Kingdom, with say Spectromagic and/or fireworks, could be exhausting.

I would recommend doing AK the first day, since it closes by 5:00 pm. You will have to evening to relax and enjoy a nice meal together, then I would go to Magic Kingdom -day 2, Epcot - day 3, MGM - day 4 since this is close to Epcot, once done at MGM could go over to Epcot for dinner. 5th day I would start at MK and then see what happend.

who said anything about a wedding??
i would go with the crowd on this..your first park of choice should be MK..if not MK my second choice would be Epcot!!
hope you have a great time in Disney!! :mickey:

MollyKat1527
08-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks for all the input. I'm pretty sure we're doing MK first. We get in on Sunday and are just planning on relaxing and seeing what's in DTD. We'll be fully rested for the first day. :D And there's no wedding (yet).:bride:

Imakejessicarabbitjelous
08-22-2007, 01:16 PM
I would most deffo do MK i just love walking up main street and taking in all the sights n smells.:mickey:

boobalk
08-22-2007, 01:49 PM
:congrats::congrats: WOW!!! Your 1st WDW journey! I remember my 1st WDW journey...Oh sorry! I'm being nostalgic again!:blush: As to your inquiry. It's true that the MK is sort of the "flagship" of WDW. And we usually do go there the 1st day because our resort is closest to that park. But all parks are equally wonderful. so it really depends on where you're staying and what you prefer. We are a 2-park-a-day family, so we 'll do MK in the AM and Epcot in the PM (on 1st day). W/hopper passes, you should be able to cover all parks at least twice while you're there. Just remember, you won't be able to see it all :( in a week. Do a little research and choose your "must-dos" and "want-to-dos". Pace yourself and enjoy the ride!! Make advance ADRs for the dinners/shows you are planning and plan your park-to-park travel times w/large crowds in mind. Oh, and by all means, TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF YOUR FASTPASSES!! As I always say,,,"with some proper planning and a little :pixie:, you too will have a "Magical Journey"! :mickey: