PDA

View Full Version : Cali Grill & Wishes

Disnamic Duo
08-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone.

We're planning on going to dinner at Cali Grill (never been before) in January, and we'd like to be able to see wishes from there. I made a reservation for 7:30. Is that a good time? Wishes is at 9:00. Is there anything I need to do to ensure we have a good view?

Thanks for the help.

ibrowse17
08-21-2007, 12:00 PM
7:30 is ok, but 8 would have been better if fireworks are at 9. Just stay at your table as long as you can, then head out to the observation deck to watch Wishes. It really is a great way to watch the fireworks, enjoy:thumbsup:

sweetcandis
08-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Depending on what day you are dining at Cali Grill, the wishes spectacular in january is usually is at 8:00 pm not 9:00 pm. Your 7:30 reservation should still be adequate. Hope this helps. You can look at the schedule under current events link.

Disnamic Duo
08-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Depending on what day you are dining at Cali Grill, the wishes spectacular in january is usually is at 8:00 pm not 9:00 pm. Your 7:30 reservation should still be adequate. Hope this helps. You can look at the schedule under current events link.

Oh, you're right, Wishes is at 8:00 while we're there. Will the 7:30 ADR be good then? Is there usually much of a wait past your ADR time? What are the chances of getting a window seat if we ask for it? If we don't get a window seat should we get up and go out onto the observation deck?

sweetcandis
08-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh, you're right, Wishes is at 8:00 while we're there. Will the 7:30 ADR be good then? Is there usually much of a wait past your ADR time? What are the chances of getting a window seat if we ask for it? If we don't get a window seat should we get up and go out onto the observation deck?

I don't think you are going to have a problem with the 7:30 reservation. Just remember to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your reservation. January is usually a slower season, but there is no guarantee that you are going to get a window seat. That seating is limited. I've still enjoyed seeing the show even when I don't have a window seat. The lights are dimmed and the music plays through the speakers. I don't know if the observation deck plays the music. I would assume they would.

Natazu
08-21-2007, 09:53 PM
You will probably not get a table with a view of the fireworks checking in thirty minutes before start time. However, you should be admitted to the restaurant in time to go out to the observation deck.

Crow
08-21-2007, 10:39 PM
enjoy it.
i ate there for the first time in May. ill b back in Sept. its 1 of my favs now
even if you eat earlier they invite u back to the observation deck. i might take advantage of it since my meal is early (5:30)

angedeaile
08-22-2007, 04:41 PM
I am going to speak from experience and tell you that you might have problems with a 730 ressie.

I had a reservation that was 45 minutes before Wishes last year and had to sit at the bar until Wishes. Everyone decided to sit at their table until the show was over.

I was unsure before hand if my ADR was at a good time. So I came on Intercot and was reassured that there shouldn't be a problem. Man was I disappointed with the Wishes portion of the experience. Watching from the observation deck shoulder to shoulder with people chatting it up instead of enjoying the show was just horrible. Maybe I just had an unlucky night. Either way, I decided to strategize this time.

It seems that 645 and 7 are the popular time frames, so I assume this is the crowd to battle with.

That is why this year, I made a ressie for 630. I will beat those folks and have plenty of time to wait for a window seat to open up.

We take about an hour to eat once the food comes anyways. We are celebrating our anniversary and want the evening to be laid back, so taking our time is what we want and hopefully it will work out for us this year.

So if you have time to waste and want to just enjoy yourself, perhaps you should make your ADR alittle earlier. You have better odds that way or atleast that is how I see it.