PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations cruise...GRRRR...phone lines and pokey CM! So mad!!

mouseketeer mom
08-21-2007, 07:39 AM
I start calliing at 6:55am this am..the 407-WDW-PLAY number.. I get thru promptly as my clock flips to 7am! Yea! A CM answers! Thank you for calling Disney Dining she says! I quickly speak our illuminations cruise request..She seems baffled..she pauses, she puts me on hold...she doesn't come back, then when she does she has to transfer me, after she slowly speaks..I'll get you to the right dept..but how about dining, or Cirque de Solei??? GRRRRR..I ask to please just be transferred.. ...then I wait, I wait, I wait...I get Disney recreation, finally and the cruises are SOLD OUT. I could scream. They explained a "glitch" in their phone lines...Swell. The best layed plans, right? There goes that terrific ending to a great day..(We are diving first, then eating at coral Reef)...I'm trying to be mature, and go with the flow..but I'm sad..and mad too!!!:mad:

mickey&missy
08-21-2007, 08:10 AM
I'd be pretty mad too!

So, what was the glitch? That the CM didn't know what she was doing? Or was there something wrong?! I know everyone doesn't know everything and some of the CM's on the phone are better then others BUT she should have been able to get you to someone who could help you quickly.

Are you 180 days out or are you closer? IMHO, I'd write a note to customer relations if its a matter that there were reservations to be had when you got on the phone and you missed out because of her lack of prompt help or a problem with the phones. I'm not sure if they can help you but its worth a note.

Its still sounds like a great day! Good luck! :hug:

Dicecatt262
08-21-2007, 08:40 AM
I am really sorry, that quite plainly stinks. I would have been furious!

Not that this helps, but after your dive, be sure and tell Coral Reef that you just dove in that tank, they will make every effort to seat you right next to it! They went out of their way to treat us very well after my husband's dive.

MrPeetrie
08-21-2007, 09:29 AM
I had a somewhat similar problem with reservations, only not quite that bad.

I knew Passholder rates would be coming out shortly and so I checked web sites and made calls daily. When I saw them published on both this web site and another, I quickly called to get the new rate. I must have gotten a "newbie" because he did not know anything about passholder rates and I WAS USING THE PASSHOLDER HOTLINE! I was placed on hold for about 20 minutes before he returned. I read to him directly from the web site the codes to use, dates to which they applied, and everything. He placed me on hold again for about another 15 minutes. When he returned, he said Passholder rates are NOT availabe for the Caribbean Resort and transfered our reservations to Port Orleans Riverside. The total phone call took over an hour and I'm still not sure if he was correct about the CR. I don't mind staying in POR, but my DD4 was looking forward to the Caribbean. At the end, he apologized for his lack of knowledge and said it was a good learning experience for him so he could be more efficient with the next caller. Hmmmm.
:mad:

Vintage Disney
08-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Mr Peetrie, I am a passholder too and have also had trouble with the "passholder hotline." The person that I got also seemed confused. I now call the normal Disney reservations number , tell them I am an Annual Passholder and make reservations with no problem.