PDA

View Full Version : August Rush (opens Nov 21, 2007) [Merged Threads]

NotaGeek
08-21-2007, 02:17 AM
I found this film during the trailers at Hairspray last week and I couldn't remember the name, I found it and MAN it looks good. Sure, Keri Russell is one of my favorite WB kids, and I still get a bit teary eyed when I hear the name Felicity.

Has anyone heard of this movie, or seen the trailer? Check out the Official August Rush Website (http://augustrushmovie.warnerbros.com/), or go to the still in the works Yahoo Movie Page (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809418605/info) and check it out. This movie looks SO good!

Melanie
08-21-2007, 02:39 AM
This actually sounds quite sad, although I do like Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Oh, and it's the little guy from 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' and 'Finding Neverland'. What a good little actor! Sounds like a good one to rent and enjoy at home. ;)

NotaGeek
08-21-2007, 02:44 AM
This actually sounds quite sad, although I do like Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Oh, and it's the little guy from 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' and 'Finding Neverland'. What a good little actor! Sounds like a good one to rent and enjoy at home. ;)

I am sure it will have a happy ending ... and I do love a good chick flick ... :)

ChipnDaleGal
08-21-2007, 05:25 AM
We saw the previews to this at Hairspray as well. I love that kid, Freddie Highmore! He is such a good actor. He was wonderful in Charlie and in Finding Neverland. So I will go see this just because he is in it. I am on the fence with Jonathon Rhys Meyers - sometimes he is so handsome, and sometimes he totally creeps me out. I am not loving his portrayal of Henry the 8th in the Showtime Tudor series. But this does looks like a good movie.

gauvin4
08-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Another "must see" to add to my list. This movie looks fantastic!!:mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-22-2007, 09:03 PM
We saw the trailer for it during Hairspray too. I think it looks wonderful. DD and I are planning to see it when it gets released.

NotaGeek
11-15-2007, 01:57 PM
YEA! So exited to see this movie! The AMC theaters here in Phoenix show $5 movies Friday-Sunday before noon, so maybe Sunday I will get to this!

Jared
11-17-2007, 11:38 AM
I saw the trailer for this film before "Hairspray," "Across the Universe" and I think even one other time. I totally agree it looks and sounds beautiful, and Keri Russell is always glorious.

I just hope it's not too sappy and cheesy. The setup looks good, so now let's see the execution.

Katzateer
11-22-2007, 08:24 AM
August Rush is so good - anyone else see it this week?

Loved it!:thumbsup:

NotaGeek
11-25-2007, 03:19 PM
I saw August Rush today on my regular Sunday morning cinema escape ... it was good! Touching, easy, and kind of predictable, but worth the money. :thumbsup: