PDA

View Full Version : Palo reservation question

Swimmergirl
08-20-2007, 11:00 PM
My hubby and I are members of the Castaway Club, so it is my understanding that we can make reservations for Palo and excursions a little bit early. However, I was wondering how we would know when we wanted to eat at Palo. We're going on a 4 day cruise. I would like to eat at each restaurant once, and eat at Palo the night we repeat one of the restaurants. Will we be told what our dining rotation is beforehand, or are you in the dark until you board? Thanks!

mprewitt
08-21-2007, 06:43 AM
I understand that on a 4-night cruise, you repeat your night 2 restaurant on night 3. Night 3 is also Pirate night. So you would probably want to book Palo on your 2nd or 3rd night.

TammiMcMan
08-21-2007, 01:35 PM
That's how it was on our 4 night cruise. The only problem is that if Animators Palette is your repeat, they don't typically have the light show on the 2nd night (which in this case, would be the Pirate theme night).

In terms of your dining rotation, you won't know the specifics until you get your room key at check-in. If you want to change your reservation to Palo after that, they have CM's setup in one of the lounges to help you with that. The line gets pretty long, so you may want to stop by there before eating lunch.

DisneyDudet
09-05-2007, 10:37 PM
We missed our chance to make Palo's ressies online, so we did it when we got to port. We got to port VERY early and were given #6 to board. This gave us enough time to figure out when and were we were eating and the days of the parties (i had them written down in case we didn't get a Navigator at check in). We then figured out when we wanted to eat there.

Once we got on board, I headed straight to the sign up area, which was Rockin Bar D. There were very few people ahead of me. I got the night and the time (early) we wanted, as well as a brunch. The tea was already full, but they put us on a waiting list and we were called the day of, but declined.

We did Wednesday night on our 7 day cruise, which was like day 5, our night after St. Thomas. It was the Chef's Choice or something, and no real theme. It was a good night.

I would make your ressies now, and if it turns out not to workout (figure that out as early as possible), then go to the sign up area the day you board ASAP to get another day. I would book it for your last night, but I'm sure everyone will be attempting that as well. You can always try online, and if you don't get it, then try once you get on board.