PDA

View Full Version : Boma

Gottaluvgoof
08-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Can I get a couple of opinions on Boma? I want to try something different this trip and I'm considering Boma. Good? Bad? Otherwise? :eat:

kdsjjb
08-20-2007, 09:58 PM
AWESOME. :thumbsup:

Boma was absolutely one of my best meals in Disney (Coral Reef was the top)

Boma is an incredible buffet, and we had a party of 6 adults and 3 kids, and everyone found something they liked.

They had a terrific soup buffet too.

Some people may say that the "African" taste is too much, but never having that type of ffod before, we all liked almost everything we tried. None of us found the flavors too strong ro overwhelming.

I definitely say GO FOR IT!

jsw123
08-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Boma was our favorite of all the restaurants we chose! I like to experiment, but several in our party did not. One came away saying, "OK. That food was freakin' good!" The soup buffet is raved about and for good reason---I had the corn chowder! I don't like hummus, as a rule, but there was a sun-dried tomato hummus on the crispy bread that was to die for! The salmon was a hit with everybody but the fish-haters. But they had Prime Rib, etc... to satisfy anyone.

And, of course, Zebra Domes! A delicious dessert!

The restaurant is fun and nicely decorated. We went for dinner and were disappointed that, when we went to look around the grounds, it was dark. Not for long! 'Guides' asked us if we had trouble seeing in the dark and lent us night vision binoculars to view the animals behind the lodge. So many giraffes! It was great! So was the gift shop! (My dad even bought a painting there, so much did we enjoy the experience!) Have fun! It's wonderful!:mickey::cloud9:

Jared
08-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Boma is incredible for breakfast and dinner. It is tied with 'Ohana for my favorite restaurant in Walt Disney World.

If you eat at Boma for dinner, try all the soups and salads. The entrees are good, but the appetizers are exceptional. I spend all year waiting for some soup from Boma, especially the coconut chicken stew.

Medland
08-21-2007, 02:35 AM
My husband and I were very happy with our experience at Boma. He felt some of the spicing was overwhelming on a couple dishes, but we both ate till we felt our guts would bust. I am not a squash or hummus fan usually, but I loved their butternut squash soup and hummus offerings. We were very tired that evening and did discuss a wish that our reservations had been for a sit-down restauraunt that particular evening. However, it was good and plentiful food and I would go again. (In the future I might plan this for earlier in the vacation before my feet have the constant ache of a park commando and I have more energy after a day in the parks to make several trips to the buffet)

Gottaluvgoof
08-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks for all the reviews. :thumbsup: Sounds like a great place and I'm looking forward to something different. We have character meals scheduled and of course Le Cellier. Actually, we have Whispering Canyon, Crystal Palace, Le Cellier, 50s Primetime, Chef Mickeys, and I added Boma. I think we'll do good. Thanks again! :mickey: