PDA

View Full Version : Can you bring water bottles/cooler in the park?

heatherb
08-20-2007, 08:53 PM
I am planning a trip in October and wondering if you can bring water bottles, juice boxes, and other toddler friendly beverages and snacks into the park? Is this allowed?:marg:

mickey&missy
08-20-2007, 09:04 PM
I believe the rule is just no alcohol.

We brought water, juice boxes and snacks for the kids and didn't have any problems at all.

merlinmagic4
08-20-2007, 09:06 PM
We brought in five quart sized rubbermaid drink containers with no problems!! We brought the drink mix packets and used tap water to refill. Worked great!

CleveRocks
08-21-2007, 05:43 AM
No alcohol, no glass containers. Other than that, no restrictions. We frequently bring lunch, snacks and drinks with us.

Kairi_7378
08-21-2007, 06:00 AM
You bet! Just make sure that you pack your food in a away that makes it easy for the security guys to check it without making you unpack your entire lunch.

jszczur5
08-22-2007, 01:44 AM
We brought in five quart sized rubbermaid drink containers with no problems!! We brought the drink mix packets and used tap water to refill. Worked great!

Just a little hint that we figured out last year - refill your water bottles from taps that are attached to buildings, rather than freestanding faucets in the park. The ones attached to the buildings have water that is much colder.

#1donaldfan
08-22-2007, 11:53 AM
We've taken water and slim jims....nothing big.....I'm sure it's a rule not to, but they have never stopped me......

BelleBeauty
08-22-2007, 12:43 PM
If you are going to take a cooler, I recommend putting it in the lockers under the Main Street train stop. This way it stays in a dark, semi-cool place (and you don't have to lug it around!)

jclightchasr
08-22-2007, 02:36 PM
We've had no problem bringing in drinks and snacks. We also do the water bottle refill and drink packet thing. I haven't ever brought a cooler nor do I remember seeing anyone with one.

McGoofy
08-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Absolutely! You can bring in snacks and drinks without any problems. In fact, we were just there August 8-11. It was miserably HOT!!! We carried around a 36 ounce plastic water bottle that we had. Various places that we purchased meals at would often give us ice if we asked so that we could re-fill the bottle. The best place to refill that we found was at the food area in The Land at Epcot. They have the soda dispensers where you fill your own soda cups. My husband asked the CM that was working the cash register by that area if it would be ok for us to fill up the water bottles there. She told us that was not a problem at all. I was so grateful that she allowed that. In that heat, we could not get enough water to drink!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-22-2007, 07:13 PM
You just can't bring in coolers on wheels. The official rule is you aren't supposed to bring in anything, but it isn't enforced. I always bring Pepsi and security usually asks if I'll share it with them.

jsw123
08-23-2007, 12:03 AM
We saved so much in drinks by freezing water bottles and Capri Sun (b/c they freeze well). The kids loved the treat of the juice! As for the bottled water, if you freeze it solid, it takes a LONG time to thaw (even in the July heat). We wised up and drank the thawed water, then refilled the ice/ bottles at water fountains. We had cold water until after lunch! No problem getting it through security. You'd be silly not to! More to spend on other things!:mickey::number1: