PDA

View Full Version : Tickets..Mickey Christmas

julyjewel
08-20-2007, 04:42 PM
I know this is early to ask but I am going to WDW in Dec. 2008. When do you suggest buying the tickets for the Mickey Christmas Party? Thanks.:mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Depends.

First question that you need to answer is, during your stay how many times are they offering it? If only once, I would say buy the tickets immediately, especially if you are certain that you wish to attend.

If it is being offered several times during your stay, then it comes down to risk and flexibility. Do you want to commit to a specific night, or do you want the flexibility to choose once you are down there?

We've been to it twice, once we bought tickets at the parks when we got there, the other time we pre ordered.

You have to remember, this event can and often does sell out, especially as you get closer to Christmas. My recommendation is to buy them as soon as possible to guarantee you get the date that you want. There might be a small incentive to buy in advance as ticket prices might be slightly lower by buying in advance vs. at the parks. (not a huge savings, but a couple bucks anyway).

The other option is to simply call periodically and see how close they are to selling out the dates you are interested in.

LoriMistress
08-20-2007, 05:49 PM
I would purchase your tickets at least after one month. If you purchase your tickets the first two to three weeks that are released, I've heard people having ordering issues with the MVMCP tickets because of the CMs on the phones being flooded with callers for MVMCP tickets. I've heard people getting the wrong amount of tickets, to getting them for the wrong party. I've even heard some who got the wrong party all together. I just normally wait about a month to let things cool down, so I call Disney and order my tickets without any issues.

DDuck66
08-21-2007, 09:48 AM
We are very cautious and KNOW that we want to see the party, so I have already gotten our tickets just in case!!!! I would definatly call at least a couple of months out.

Jeffp123
08-21-2007, 04:25 PM
You do not have to call Disney to order the tickets. Just go on the Disney website. Click on "SPECIAL EVENTS" on the right side. On the next page select the christmas party from the list then order and "BUY TICKETS" then You can even have them held at will call (or mailed)so you do not have to worry about forgeting or losing them. I have do this several times for the Halloween party, takes only a few minutes.

Jeff

Ian
08-21-2007, 05:40 PM
I'd order them now. Depending on when you're going in December, some of the shows sell out early.

No reason to wait really ... we ordered ours the other day so we could be certain not to miss it!

Patti
08-21-2007, 08:23 PM
You're going in 2008, correct? If so, dates and prices won't be released for 2008 until next year, probably around summer.

CaptainSad
08-21-2007, 10:18 PM
When you order from Disney web site you can also get your tickets though email. They are called e tickets. It's just like you go to a concert. You have a piece of paper with a bar code on it. Print your tickets at home and you don't have to worry about it later. I got mine for Dec 18th and Dec 21st. I have all my tickets and stuff now. I can't wait....

Rich