PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey--where to find?

princessM0m
08-20-2007, 02:48 PM
I want to get my DD a Pal Mickey for her birthday, because one of her presents is a trip to WDW a few weeks later. Does anyone know if they are available at the Disney Store?

MickeyandTink
08-20-2007, 03:30 PM
I've never seen one at the Disney Stores. I think you either have to get them at the parks or online. We got ours on e-bay. Some people are skittish about going that route, but as long as you buy from a reputable seller (I usually require at least 98-99% positive feedback) who uses a reasonable return policy in case there are any problems, you should be fine. If you would like any more info, you can PM me.

Good luck.

AmberB
08-20-2007, 04:06 PM
We got ours at the resort gift shop. That way you can have it before you even get to the park.

SleepinB
08-20-2007, 04:25 PM
For our anniversary last year, I had the Pal Mickey waiting in our room when we arrived. I called in advance and was put in contact with the resort gift shop. I was able to make arrangements through them at no addtional charge.

So, if you are staying onsite -- you can add a little more surprise to your gift by having the package waiting for your DD when you enter the room.

princessM0m
08-21-2007, 10:05 AM
For our anniversary last year, I had the Pal Mickey waiting in our room when we arrived. I called in advance and was put in contact with the resort gift shop. I was able to make arrangements through them at no addtional charge.

So, if you are staying onsite -- you can add a little more surprise to your gift by having the package waiting for your DD when you enter the room.

This is a GREAT idea! Thanks!

Jared
08-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Besides eBay, the only other place to buy Pal Mickey is in Walt Disney World. As others have said, you can order the doll in the advance, and he will be waiting in your room when you arrive.

KAJUNKING
08-21-2007, 12:27 PM
if you want to give it to her before you trip as a bithday present you can order it from the parks disney merchandise and have them ship it to you (thats what we did last year) the phone number is (407)363-6200 good luck

Spaceship Tigger
08-22-2007, 07:05 AM

I would love to do this, but I'm not sure that I understand how it works. I didn't think they typically even decided what room you are in until check-in. And would they just put the item on your room charge?

SleepinB
08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
I would love to do this, but I'm not sure that I understand how it works. I didn't think they typically even decided what room you are in until check-in. And would they just put the item on your room charge?

If memory serves me correctly, I charged the Pal Mickey to my credit card at the time I placed the order with the resort gift shop.

In regards to how they know which room to leave him in, it is my impression, from threads on Intercot, that room assignments are done approx. 2 -3 days in advance of your check-in day**. But, I am sure that there are others on Intercot that are more familiar with how the resorts handle room assignments.

** Having said that, it always seems that when I check-in into a hotel at check-in (i.e. 4:00PM) I get the room type I requested, yet when I arrive late (i.e. 11:00 PM) they are out of the rooms I reserved (i.e. King Bed). I never understood how this happens if my room was assigned 2 - 3 days in advance. But, that is a topic for another day.

McGoofy
08-26-2007, 07:21 PM
If memory serves me correctly, I charged the Pal Mickey to my credit card at the time I placed the order with the resort gift shop.

In regards to how they know which room to leave him in, it is my impression, from threads on Intercot, that room assignments are done approx. 2 -3 days in advance of your check-in day**. But, I am sure that there are others on Intercot that are more familiar with how the resorts handle room assignments.

** Having said that, it always seems that when I check-in into a hotel at check-in (i.e. 4:00PM) I get the room type I requested, yet when I arrive late (i.e. 11:00 PM) they are out of the rooms I reserved (i.e. King Bed). I never understood how this happens if my room was assigned 2 - 3 days in advance. But, that is a topic for another day.

I'm guessing it is the same way they do gift baskets, cakes, flowers, etc...My husband had flowers placed in our room for my birthday one time as a surprise to me. The way they did that was there was a note on our account, so when we checked in, the person at the front desk called the florist to let them know that we arrived. We had to wait before we could go to our room. (I just thought the room wasn't ready yet!:D) Anyhow, that's when they were placing the flowers in the room.