PDA

View Full Version : mrytle beach hotel?

PAMOUSELOVER
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know of a nice hotel or motel located in MB for a good price. North or south just we would like to be close to the beach, if not on the beach. We dont need to be near the night life or main attractions. We just want to stop here on our way home from WDW for a couple of nights!
Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

bleukarma
08-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes! I went to Myrtle Beach for the first time in May. I found a hotel called The Caribbean Resort and LOVED it!! It’s the type of place that they sell but they also rent out and I think if I ever won the lottery I would just buy one of their units. It wasn’t that bad, around $100 a night and it was right down the street from Broadway on the Beach. We had to drive there but it was a straight shot from our hotel, which was good since we didn’t know the area. It was within walking distance of the drug store and little restaurants and a Duncan Donuts. Our room had an area with two beds and a tv and then a kitchen/bathroom area and a den with a tv. Then there was a balcony overlooking the beach. It was right on the beach, so it was really nice!!! It has a lazy river, a pool and a hot tub. And right by the lazy river is a little hut that sells food and drinks. I would highly recommend and I would defiantly go back if I ever get to Myrtle Beach again!!! :mickey:

Mandykay
08-20-2007, 03:16 PM
I'd recommend the Hilton. It's right on the beach, close to Barefoot Landing (neat shops), and a TON of restaurants. It's on the northern end of MB(but not in NORTH MB), so you're away from the craziness of the Pavilion area but still within a 15 minute drive. Each room is ocean view, has a balcony, and a microwave and mini-fridge. I was able to get my room for $75 per night for August. Not bad for an ocean-view room, eh? In MB I'd recommend going to the Carolina Opry or Dixie Stampede.

krose78
08-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Well the pavilion is gone but the downtown area is always busy it would depend on when you are coming because it should start slowing down shortly. I would also recommend the Patricia Grand and the Myrtle Beach Resort. I have heard good things about them.

princessjojo
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't know about MB, but at NorthMB, there is so much teardown & rebuilding that there is no bad place to stay really. There is the Bay Watch and Sea Side that are both new buildings. They are I believe finishing construction on the new Wyndham now as well. My mom has a condo down there, but we rarely stay there since she rents it out most of the time. I think we've stayed there 4 times in the last 5 years and 3 of those has been at Thanksgiving and once last week. To tell you the truth, there are now so many places around MB that even during the July 4th week when we were down there with friends, many, many of the hotels still had vacancies. You almost don't have to make a reservation, just drive up and take your pick. If you're going during an off season, that would be what I would do.

PAMOUSELOVER
08-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks everyone!
I look at the Bay Watch and Caribbean Resort. They both look really nice for the price.
Do you think we will hit much traffic getting to either of theses hotels coming from FL.?
Mapquest is telling me 8 hours from WDW to The beach.

bleukarma
08-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Thanks everyone!
I look at the Bay Watch and Caribbean Resort. They both look really nice for the price.
Do you think we will hit much traffic getting to either of theses hotels coming from FL.?
Mapquest is telling me 8 hours from WDW to The beach.

From Tampa to MB it took us about 9 hours, but we hit traffic right outside of MB and also it was Bike Week (which we didn't know about) and we were coming in on a Friday night so the main road was packed with bikers that were slowing us up. So 8 hours sounds about right, maybe even less. :mickey:

Also, I notice in my post about about Carribean Resort it sounds like the bathroom and kitchen is just one small area but it comes with a full sized kitchen with a full size fridge and stove and glasses and plates and everything. Just last staying at a small apartment on the beach!

We must have looked like trouble makers because they put us on the 15th floor (the top) away from everyone else. We weren't trouble makers, but we liked the quiet! We nicknamed our "floor" the penthouse! :mickey:

krose78
08-21-2007, 11:50 AM
The only trouble we have ever had was on 95 but most of the time that was on the way down to Disney. It is definately eight hours. I would take US-17 N via exit 33 off of 95.

PAMOUSELOVER
08-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks we will be leaving WDW on a sunday to head to MB.
I had a little bit more time today to look into the places everyone suggested.
:thumbsup:The Patricia Grand has the best reviews on trip advisor. About the The Caribbean Resort, what hotel did you stay at? The Jamaican Inn?

Jfamily
08-21-2007, 11:25 PM
I thought I posted something earlier and now its not here. Oh well
When my family and I go to MB we stay at The Seamist. It has family packages that include on site waterpark, off site waterparks and the amusement park. It has a variety of rooms.

gwfx1031
09-07-2007, 12:40 PM
If you want to be away from the hectic areas, try Surfside beach, just south of Myrtle. There is a Days Inn and a Holiday Inn on Ocean Blvd. Much quieter area.

bleukarma
09-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks we will be leaving WDW on a sunday to head to MB.
I had a little bit more time today to look into the places everyone suggested.
:thumbsup:The Patricia Grand has the best reviews on trip advisor. About the The Caribbean Resort, what hotel did you stay at? The Jamaican Inn?

I just now saw this. We stayed in the Dominican Tower. :thumbsup: It's not the new tower (they were still building the new addition when we were there in May) but it's been renovated and wasn't bad at all.

big blue and hairy
09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
For a nice hotel without a huge price, you might want to check out Island Vista. It is a very nice hotel with rooms from studios to four bedrooms. It has a very nice beach front and a great inside/outside pool area with a lazy river.

You might actually save some time if you stay on I-95 a little farther north and come across 378 into Conway.

:sulley:

Tink#64
09-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Yes! I went to Myrtle Beach for the first time in May. I found a hotel called The Caribbean Resort and LOVED it!! It’s the type of place that they sell but they also rent out and I think if I ever won the lottery I would just buy one of their units. It wasn’t that bad, around $100 a night and it was right down the street from Broadway on the Beach. We had to drive there but it was a straight shot from our hotel, which was good since we didn’t know the area. It was within walking distance of the drug store and little restaurants and a Duncan Donuts. Our room had an area with two beds and a tv and then a kitchen/bathroom area and a den with a tv. Then there was a balcony overlooking the beach. It was right on the beach, so it was really nice!!! It has a lazy river, a pool and a hot tub. And right by the lazy river is a little hut that sells food and drinks. I would highly recommend and I would defiantly go back if I ever get to Myrtle Beach again!!! :mickey:

Wow - that's great to hear. I had made reservations for this place and ended up cancelling because they told me there was a lot of construction going on. Of course I had called to make the reservations last fall for this summer.

I went through a website called FRBO - For Rent By Owner. You can search by area & see what's available with the features you are looking for. You can get some great deals. A friend of mine has used this site for accomodations in many places over the years. We ended up staying at The Breakers in the Paradise Tower. We loved it! We were ocean front, LR w/ a dining area w/ table & 4 chairs, Bath, full kitchen (actually it was like the hallway between the LR & the bedroom) but it worked great for us! Had a seperate BR with 2 queen beds. We have DS's 10 & 11 so it was great having 2 tv's! Had a great balcony overlooking the Kids Pirateship pool, and the Lazy River. There are a couple of pools and 2 hot tubs. All of the water features are on the back side of the resort so you can be in the pool or Lazy river, etc & look out at the ocean! Both hot tubs are indoor ( at least covered on 3 sides during warm months & enclosed for cooler temps) as well as one of the pools & one loop of the lazy river also. They had the ice cream stand by the pool, and The Red Parrot Grill poolside also for food & drinks. Had another restaurant & a Starbucks in their building across the street. This resort rated pretty well on the Trip Advisor list. We thought it was very clean, and had all of the ammenities we could need. I would highly recommend this resort!:thumbsup: