PDA

View Full Version : CS at Animal Kingdom

Mary Chase
08-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Anyone know of a good CS at Animal Kingdom? We have done Flame Tree BBQ in the past and while I really like it, I don't (any my son really doesn't) like the birds that stalk you when you eat. We are going after Tusker House changes to a TS, so I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

DDuck66
08-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Unfortunately CS selection at AK is rather sparse right now. There is Pizza Safari which in MHO has been okay once and horrible the next time. I believe that the Donald Restaurantosaurus still serves lunch. It is typical McDonalds food. We are looking at just going to the Rain Forest and having appetizer during our next visit to AK.

princessM0m
08-21-2007, 11:12 AM
If you have extra time you could always take the bus to the AK Lodge and eat at The Mara, which is a CS restaurant. They have mostly American offerings (burgers, sandwiches) but they have a few exotic things as well.

jsdt
08-21-2007, 03:33 PM
PizzaSafari is in-door seating so if you want to avoid the birds it would be a good choice. I thought the food was OK, but my DD loves pizza and enjoyed it.

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I've read that Flame Tree BBQ is open seasonally. Is that still true? We will be there in October and I'm hoping to try it. With so few choices currently available in AK, I'm really hoping it will be open in October.

TheSorcererofFantasia
08-21-2007, 07:56 PM
I've always found that when dining at Flame Tree if I tote my tray all the way down to the farthest table area to then left down by the water, then birds tend to leave you alone.

You have a wonderful front row view of Expedition Everest across the waterway and last Dec we were visited by two very small bunnies while dining. Just as we finished lunch the Character boat came by and we had a prime water front spot for pictures and full attention of all 8 characters on board. :D

Friend of Figment
08-21-2007, 08:15 PM
I ate at Tusker House last week. I really liked it. I had a turkey wrap and corn chowder. They also have half a rotisserie chicken, salmon, a slad and a fried chicken sandwich. There is inside seating.

Friend of Figment
08-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Sorry I missed the bit about after TH changes to table service.

mickey-mouse35
08-21-2007, 08:34 PM
With Yak and Yeti now being delayed to mid November, do you think they'll leave Tusker House alone for awhile and stay open as counter service? Choices ARE limited this fall!