PDA

View Full Version : Sooo frustrated with the Teppan Edo delay

MizMissy
08-20-2007, 11:39 AM
The bad thing about planning everything is that I feel like everything is set in stone and it's difficult to change - especially since I can't find any other restuarant that I'm interested in adding. I hate buffets, so that eliminates a lot of choices. Also, our Teppan Edo reservations were on the night of our anniversary (we are actually celebrating later in the week with Cali Grill) but I hate not having any plans on the night of.
I guess we might try to go off site and see what we can locate that evening. Any thoughts on a really good off site restaurant?

TheRustyScupper
08-20-2007, 12:17 PM
. . . Any thoughts on a really good off site restaurant? . . .

1) Bergamo's Fine Italian, International Drive
. . . great Italian
. . . nice wine cellar
. . . singing waiters from 7:00pm-11:00pm

2) Key W Kools Open Pit Grill, Hwy 192
. . . open pit for steaks and seafood
. . . really good wine cellar

MizMissy
08-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Rusty - Thank you so much for your suggestions. We may still use them on another evening
But, I called again to try to make another reservation on the cancelled Teppan Edo date and reservations patched me in to a "special desk" to assist with the Teppan Edo cancellation and I was able to get Le Cellier at 5:40 pm AND access to the special viewing area for Illuminations.:party:

LoriMistress
08-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Why don't you eat dinner at one of the resorts? Or why not eat at CG (unless if you already have that booked elsewhere.) Have you tried calling 407-WDW-DINE and explain why you prefer there? Maybe they might assist you with being booked at a different restaurant that you may prefer.

Crow
08-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Rusty - Thank you so much for your suggestions. We may still use them on another evening
But, I called again to try to make another reservation on the cancelled Teppan Edo date and reservations patched me in to a "special desk" to assist with the Teppan Edo cancellation and I was able to get Le Cellier at 5:40 pm AND access to the special viewing area for Illuminations.:party:

i was lookin forward to Teppan Edo too as it was closed in May too, but i did get into Coral Reef which i couldnt get into before.
and you get Le Cellier which is good.
have a great meal

Medland
08-21-2007, 02:45 AM
Just wanted to chime in as another lover of Bergamo's. I went there with my husband in 2005 when we were staying on International Drive. We walked over from our hotel the night we arrived knowing nothing about the place and had a great experience.

Minnie4me
08-21-2007, 07:04 AM
I have ADR's for Oct 5 at Teppan Edo, but haven't received a call from Disney canceling it.

Does anyone have a firm date as to when it will reopen???????

Thanks!!

Alpha Jeanie
08-21-2007, 02:25 PM
We also had reservationsat Teppanyaki on Oct. 6th. No one ever called us to cancel it so I finally called and they confirmed it will not be open until sometime in November. We decided to just eat at the Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces that night and sample all the wonderful food that we would otherwise be too full to try. We will use our "extra" table service from our Dining Plan on breakfast at Boma on the last morning of our vacation.

When I called to cancel the Teppanyaki reservataions, I initally intended to make other reservations (until I found out there were no other Epcot restaurants that we wanted to dine at that were available). They gave me a voucher # for VIP seating for Illumintions also, as many others have gotten when they called about their cancelled reservations. I think that this is just a roped off area that is supposed to have a good view of Illuminations. You should call and at least get the VIP seating (which is actually standing). When you call the dining tele #, make sure and tell them to connect you with an agent that is handling the Teppanyaki cancellations.

Good Luck!!:mickey:

Minnie4me
08-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks Jeanie!!!!