PDA

View Full Version : Did I do the right thing? WL to GF

Dicecatt262
08-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I just can't stop changing my reservations. Between the Visa discount and the general public discount (the same, I know) and the AP discount...whew. I'm not used to discounts coming out so close to trip time...all of the other trips I've done come out several months ahead!

In October, I am taking my daughter and my cousin to WDW to celebrate her 13th birthday. Just us three girls, and although originally I thought we'd do 4 nights, I can only swing 3 because of work.

So, my choices are WL with 1 day tickets and the dining plan (I do not need two of the tickets), courtyard view...

OR

GF garden view, no tickets no dining plan, but I do have a DDE card.

What would YOU do? I've stayed at WL before, and loved it...but originally I wanted GF and it wasn't available.

MickeyMousse
08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
My personal opinion would be go for GF! Since you have already experienced WL, why not? Also, I think GF is a beautiful, slightly girly resort (just because of the whole Victorian theme) and I think it would be the perfect resort to celebrate a vacation with just the girls! :thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
08-21-2007, 12:14 PM
GF is my favorite resort, so I'm very biased :blush:. I would go ahead and just put in a request for a daybed in your room. That way, each girl will have their own sleeping space. If you want to get really specific with a room request (although I recommend getting there early and asking at check-in), I would go with Boca Chica, high floor, overlooking Narcoosees. These are garden rooms, but offer a view of the castle through the trees. My other choice, would be a corner room. Most offer extra space and have two balconies. I would probably avoid the dormer room if that's offered to you. The balcony is private and enclosed, but not big enough for the 3 of you to sit out on. The rooms have high vaulted ceilings, but they are slightly smaller than a standard (unless you get a corner room).

Dicecatt262
08-21-2007, 12:51 PM
I did it...went with GF, and I am very excited. MickeyMouse, I was thinking the whole Victorian theme would really appeal to the girls. And my cousin needs some pampering, she doesn't get much.

Tammi, funny that you mention Boca Chica, that is what I was thinking too. But we will not arrive until about 8:30 PM! Do you think that will be a problem? I doubt there are many "bad" spots at GF, but still...Thanks for the specifics, becase although I had looked at a map and thought Boca Chica (close to the lagoon, I like that:)) I had no idea where or what else to request. Even if I don't get what I ask for (and I usually do) it will be fine.

I told my daughter I switched to a different resort, and asked her to guess which. First she guessed Poly (we love Poly) but her second guess was "GF?" with a hopeful look, and she was so excited when I told her yes!

January-2007
08-21-2007, 05:13 PM
:party: Have a great time at the Grand Floridian! What a perfect location for a girls only trip and to celebrate a birthday too!! :mickey: