PDA

View Full Version : Exercising at the Poly?

mousetrapper
08-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi,

Just wondering what my options are for exercising during our week-long stay this November at the Poly (as if running around the parks all day isn't enough!)...

I believe we can use the fitness room at the Grand Floridian. If so, anyone have any reviews to share? I've never been there.

Also, is there a running/walking trail or path on the Poly grounds or in the vicinity anyone knows about?

When I was there last (in 2001) I wasn't much of an exerciser, so it wasn't an important item on my agenda! Since then, I've adopted a daily exercise program and really don't want to miss a day while we're in WDW.

If I recall, the rooms are a good size but not really roomy enough for doing an aerobics routine via DVD or Pilates mat work...are they?

Thanks!

Maleficent's Dad
08-20-2007, 11:04 AM
There is a trail to GF from the Poly - and if memory serves, they have a short running path that you can use.

From WDW's website - description of the POLY:

Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club:
Work out on state-of-the-art exercise equipment, or book a rejuvenating full-service spa experience.
I can only assume this gives you privileges at the GF health club.

garymacd
08-20-2007, 02:47 PM
I have always managed to find space in our rooms to carry out my stretching routines and some sit-ups and push-ups; but you are right - no room for aerobics except running in place.:rope::lift:

jwallace378
08-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Lots of scenic paths around the Poly to jog/walk on. If you need more excercise, head over to the GF to the gym.

mickeefan
08-20-2007, 05:17 PM
DD would take the path over to the GF and work out every morning. She thought it was excellent.