PDA

View Full Version : Necessity of ADR's

Pookiesmom
08-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi !
We are planning a large group (10) trip in December 2008, during the first or second week. Are ADR's mandatory for table service breakfasts (other than character dining). We are staying at WL and may want to go to breakfast at Whispering Forks once or twice during our trip. Sitting together as a whole group is not a deal-breaker for us. We are willing to split up. We will be traveling with 3 little ones, so didn't want to necessarily have everyday planned out way in advance. How about table service lunches? I know that they are necessary for dinners, no question. Any advice would be appreciated.

Erin

ibrowse17
08-20-2007, 09:51 AM
For a party of that size, or any size for that matter, I would have ADR's. Places can fill up quick, and you do not want to spend your morning waiting for a table. Any time we want a TS meal, I have ADR's. Even if you do not want to sit together, you still might have one group seated and eating well before the other. Just make an ADR and be done with it.:thumbsup:

Nicki'sMom
08-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Be SURE to make ADR's 180 days out from your trip. Unfortunately, a sucessful trip has got to be planned out for each day you will be there. Especially if you have little kids, you will want to do some character dining. May I suggest Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace. CM has Mickey and friends and CP has Pooh and friends. Also read the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World if you have not already. It spells out the importance of planning your vacation. I make a grid that acts as our calender and it helps me plan which days I want to go to what park so I can make my dining plans so early out. I write all of my reservation numbers on it so all we have to do when I wake up each morning is check our grid to see what we are doing that day. Have a great time planning, its fun!

Maleficent's Dad
08-20-2007, 10:38 AM
This is, unfortunately, the downside of the DDP. :( It's so popular that ADR's are a must nowadays - even during December and other "off times." (I don't think there are any more "off times" at WDW! ;))

I'd definitely make ADR's as the Whispering Canyon Cafe can be a popular spot.

LoriMistress
08-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Make your ADRs at exactly 180 days before your arrival. Since ADRs have become more a of need now, even the off-season. Doesn't matter what time of year in December--you MUST make your ADRs. Go back several threads, and you'll read people who can't get ADRs for August until Jan. 2008 because of people making their ADRs in advance. Most people can't get the ADRs they want even if they call 90, 60, or even 30 days before their arrival. It's better to be safe then sorry.

mrsgaribaldi
08-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Make some ADRs. You can always cancel them if you want but at least you'll have them:mickey:

snifflesmcg
08-21-2007, 09:07 AM
ADR's are not mandatory but I highly suggest them. With such a large party, it's going to be a challenge as they often have to break you up.

bleukarma
08-21-2007, 09:18 AM
With that many people have you thought about contacting a Grand Gathering cast member to help you out? If you have a part of 8 or more people then you qualify for what's called a Grand Gathering. It's something to look into.

To answer your question, yes...I would recommend ADR's for any TS place. Especially for a large party.

:mickey: